Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Fred I love u long time, how's the family?
Pat you Watermelon and Fried Chicken Lover!

Everything's good. The twin's just turned two and Brandon is 4 attending Pre-K. We just started looking at what he has to do for Kindergarten. Time is flying.

Dawn and I are loving Tampa. It's nice to be home. This weekend we get to do Tampa's Mardi Gras, called Gasparilla (pirate themed).

Mario tells me your Evo IX ended up being freakishly fast.

If you ever find yourself in Florida, make sure you let me know.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Alright guys... one more thing

I'm getting a bone stock IX with blown turbo. It needs the 60k service so I'm going to get bent over on that. While I'm at it, you all think I should do some cams and headstuds?

I've already got the down pipe, hfc and exhaust picked out. I got a used IX turbo for $300 that came with a manifold which I plan to get ported. I bought an ebay 02 housing. I plan to get an MBC and LICP too.

My other thought is to throw in a fuel pump, 880cc injectors and an old style green which would go beyond my initial budget of $2000 for parts.

For wheels, I'm buying some Evo X GSR wheels/tires from a guy locally for $500.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Thats a good start for mods and I would change the head studs for the added security, not because the stock ones are no good. I would do some cams if your going to go with a green/bbk, the S1's would be good for you if you like to Auto-X as much as Mario does.

There is someone on here that has some 880's that Im sure would give them to you at a good price. I have a Walbro I can sell you for $50, you will need the Evo install kit for it.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to hear your family is doing good bro, I remember when ur first born was just a little baby. I have a 7 month old son now so I too live to enjoy the fruits of fatherhood lol. That's a good decision on ur budget and I would definately get some head studs even though i didn't. If
U could find a bbk the same price as an old green go that route instead but the rest seems fine.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:38 AM

chirp............chirp........chirp.. its been really quiet lately! whats everyone doing, monkey you down for that meet next weekend?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

^^ Yeah ill go, we can meet up that morning and head out there. It gets packed quick so we should leave early.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 02:04 PM

works for me anyone else interested in going, wouldnt be a bad idea to rep the lovely killeen area i know theres a few cars in the area
Old Jan 29, 2011, 03:34 PM

Where are you guys goin???
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:13 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...6-ccm-9-a.html
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iceman23007
Where are you guys goin???
To hell if they don't change their ways!!!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Alright guys... one more thing

I'm getting a bone stock IX with blown turbo. It needs the 60k service so I'm going to get bent over on that. While I'm at it, you all think I should do some cams and headstuds? I've already got the down pipe, hfc and exhaust picked out. I got a used IX turbo for $300 that came with a manifold which I plan to get ported. I bought an ebay 02 housing. I plan to get an MBC and LICP too. My other thought is to throw in a fuel pump, 880cc injectors and an old style green which would go beyond my initial budget of $2000 for parts. For wheels, I'm buying some Evo X GSR wheels/tires from a guy locally for $500. Thoughts?
C'mon, Fred. You are talking like a rookie. You know the first thing you have to do is determine intended power goals and use for the car. The goal is to stay within your stated budget. Sure, cams and headstuds while the car is open is a smart move. Those S1 cams will not cause your powerband to be pushed to the right too much and the extra grunt will put a smile on your face if you can get them at a nice price. I assume that you got a stock exhaust manifold with the turbo, right? Contrary to belief, the eBay O2 housing is pretty good. The MBC, LICP, fuel pump, and injector purchases is smart as well. Now you had to go the FP Green turbo talk. Why...? This could get a little tricky and all depends on the fuel used and how you want the car to feel.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
To hell if they don't change their ways!!!
I sent my RSVP already.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I sent my RSVP already.
RSVP! I've already been accepted i'm just working on a better hot rock!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
C'mon, Fred. You are talking like a rookie. You know the first thing you have to do is determine intended power goals and use for the car. The goal is to stay within your stated budget. Sure, cams and headstuds while the car is open is a smart move. Those S1 cams will not cause your powerband to be pushed to the right too much and the extra grunt will put a smile on your face if you can get them at a nice price. I assume that you got a stock exhaust manifold with the turbo, right? Contrary to belief, the eBay O2 housing is pretty good. The MBC, LICP, fuel pump, and injector purchases is smart as well. Now you had to go the FP Green turbo talk. Why...? This could get a little tricky and all depends on the fuel used and how you want the car to feel.
You do know Fred knows what he wants. He's just trying to see what someone else would do.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

^^ in that case I would get as many stickers as I can and some street glows, to finish it off I would put the fake vents on the fenders.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in