Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabot
It's all good I got there just a little late....but this Saturday I will be at Sprocket installing coilovers, intercooler with pipes and exhaust if any body wants to pass by. It would be nice to get some for a change I usually work by myself.

Install will be done on the X or the V/// ?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be leaving shortly...
Old Mar 27, 2009, 07:29 PM

It's 926pm and there are 5 cars, including mine, here...
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
Install will be done on the X or the V/// ?
on the X
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It was a nice night at the track. Brian, Mike, Mario, and Fred, it was nice to chill out with you fellahs. I ended up running a 13.44 at 103MPH so that is better than my last week's 59MPH trap speed. More launch practice and seat time and hopefully I'll continue getting better. It was also nice that Wendy and my baby girl came out tonight for the first time.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Levar, you bailed on me before I could get you a helmet. Oh well, I ran a best of 12.80 @ 109.44 with a 1.9 sixty. I have a lot of improvement to make on the launch, but I really didn't want to destroy my stock clutch tonight. My first two runs were around a 13.02 @ 109.XX with 2.0 sixties. This X is at least as fast as my old VIII if not faster.

I did this with full weight (sub, spare tire, jack, carpet, misc crap in glove box and center console, full tank of gas). Next time I'll chuck the heavy stuff and see what happens. For now I have to say I am very happy with the power the car makes.

It was nice seeing everyone. Does the guy with the silver evo x post on here? I wonder what times he ran... seemed like his was pretty fast too.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Levar, you bailed on me before I could get you a helmet. Oh well, I ran a best of 12.80 @ 109.44 with a 1.9 sixty. I have a lot of improvement to make on the launch, but I really didn't want to destroy my stock clutch tonight. My first two runs were around a 13.02 @ 109.XX with 2.0 sixties. This X is at least as fast as my old VIII if not faster.

I did this with full weight (sub, spare tire, jack, carpet, misc crap in glove box and center console, full tank of gas). Next time I'll chuck the heavy stuff and see what happens. For now I have to say I am very happy with the power the car makes.

It was nice seeing everyone. Does the guy with the silver evo x post on here? I wonder what times he ran... seemed like his was pretty fast too.
The guy with the silver X ran a 13.8x. His name is Mike with the screen name of MikeAce. You looked right at me after your second run and I started walking behind you but couldn't keep up. It looked like you got right in line and the walk was way too long for me with cold toes/feet. I'm sorry but I had to chuck the deuces. 12.8 is certainly no too shabby and you're right about reducing that power-to-weight ratio as you are dead-on. I did a little calculating and if the X weighs 3,263 as the VIII (I didn't verify) and you weigh 170-pounds with 345whp, it calculates to roughly a 12.56. I did the same with where I am at and it spit out a 13.1. I understand that the calculations don't take in account the most important factor...the driver. On your second run, it looked like you drove a bit harder as I heard the wheels chirp from the 2-3 shift. Wendy said that she had a great time and that seeing the fellahs race was pretty cool. As she was dosing off, she asked a puzzling question when she said, "So what is the next level?" I might have to whisper a couple of turbo options in her ear and hopefully she dreams about them.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
The guy with the silver X ran a 13.8x. His name is Mike with the screen name of MikeAce. You looked right at me after your second run and I started walking behind you but couldn't keep up. It looked like you got right in line and the walk was way too long for me with cold toes/feet. I'm sorry but I had to chuck the deuces. 12.8 is certainly no too shabby and you're right about reducing that power-to-weight ratio as you are dead-on. I did a little calculating and if the X weighs 3,263 as the VIII (I didn't verify) and you weigh 170-pounds with 345whp, it calculates to roughly a 12.56. I did the same with where I am at and it spit out a 13.1. I understand that the calculations don't take in account the most important factor...the driver. On your second run, it looked like you drove a bit harder as I heard the wheels chirp from the 2-3 shift. Wendy said that she had a great time and that seeing the fellahs race was pretty cool. As she was dosing off, she asked a puzzling question when she said, "So what is the next level?" I might have to whisper a couple of turbo options in her ear and hopefully she dreams about them.

Buhahahaha! Evo pillow talk for the win!!!! Glad you guys had a safe and good time. Only a matter of time before ill have my evo back and roll along as well. Boug good to see the family got to tag along...thats cool, also slick...lol if you get beat enough maybe windy will be like "honey you have to get a bigger turbo so your not so slow....Anyway just checking in drinking a bud...true true...
Old Mar 28, 2009, 03:43 AM

Fred, those are some good times for a full weight X with mild mods, congrats'

I wish I could have made it out, unfortunately I'm involved in a warfighter right now, and for the next 2 weeks. You gotta love working 12-14hr days including weekends.

Also, is anybody in need of the AEM intake system for the Evo X? I will sell it at a real good price to a local buyer.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CentexEvoX
Fred, those are some good times for a full weight X with mild mods, congrats'

I wish I could have made it out, unfortunately I'm involved in a warfighter right now, and for the next 2 weeks. You gotta love working 12-14hr days including weekends.

Also, is anybody in need of the AEM intake system for the Evo X? I will sell it at a real good price to a local buyer.
Dwight, I feel your pain. We'll see you around soon. I'm trying to make an effort to get out more.

Levar, my car is an easy 12.5 with a proper launch. I needed to get in that 3rd run before they had continued that shoot-out. I'd even venture a guess that your car is a mid-12 with some practice. I need to watch you drive to see and we need the stig (like Shaun C) to drive it for you to see what he can get. That will show you your car at 98%.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Levar, my car is an easy 12.5 with a proper launch. I needed to get in that 3rd run before they had continued that shoot-out. I'd even venture a guess that your car is a mid-12 with some practice. I need to watch you drive to see and we need the stig (like Shaun C) to drive it for you to see what he can get. That will show you your car at 98%.
Who is Shaun C? Have I met him before? I had to laugh last night when you made that "turbo of the week" comment. I am a bit sporadic aren't I? That's when I need good friends to keep me grounded or I'll go deep into the matrix. Realistically I know where things are going to go and an 11-second, daily driven EVO will work for me. I've been talking to Robert and I'm certain that I'll be fine with what he has to offer...Wendy too. Well, I'm about to wash the truck and change its O2 sensor in a bit. I'll need to stop my Mario's to give Kara some computer files and pick up a 12mm socket and open-ended wrench this afternoon. Wendy briefly brought up the topic of "two race events in one weekend" last night before she went to sleep. Keeping balance is sometimes difficult. Oh well, at least NCAA comes on today so I need to grab some Coronas too.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Mario and Fred, I will not be able to go to College Station with you fellahs. I have to keep a balance of all that's going on before I deploy. Harmony at this point in time is the most important thing to me. Enjoy yourselves and take good videos. Mario, did you by chance get some good video footage last night? NCAA comes on at 1500 so I'll stop by before then to drop those files off unless the Z-monster gets the best of me. By the way, Wendy has 100% bought off on the FP Red course of action and she nearly made me sign a contract.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Shaun, do you still have that helmet for sale? I can't go back to the track until I get one.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

You suck that you are not going. Its the better of the two events to drive and watch!
Old Mar 28, 2009, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

You suck that you are not going. Its the better of the two events to drive and watch!
I concur. I think with tomorrows event you would've dropped 1/4 mile racing all together.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in