Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Levar, if you don't get a helmet for the track this weekend, feel free to borrow mine. Brandon has tonsillectomy on Friday so I will be at the hospital that night.

BTW - the Autocross event was great. My nieghbor took his R32 and that car is a riot to ride in. Mario won our class in my car. If I had not clipped on friggin cone I would have won for once! Anyway, the Evo X is far better then I expected for its weight. I think if I get some wider/stickier rubber this car will be a winner. Levar, you really should have come out. They had like 40 novices, so you would have been in good company. The course was wide open too.

I'll post some pictures tonight when I get home from work.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Hey Levar, if you don't get a helmet for the track this weekend, feel free to borrow mine. Brandon has tonsillectomy on Friday so I will be at the hospital that night. BTW - the Autocross event was great. My nieghbor took his R32 and that car is a riot to ride in. Mario won our class in my car. If I had not clipped on friggin cone I would have won for once! Anyway, the Evo X is far better then I expected for its weight. I think if I get some wider/stickier rubber this car will be a winner. Levar, you really should have come out. They had like 40 novices, so you would have been in good company. The course was wide open too. I'll post some pictures tonight when I get home from work.
Thanks for the helmet offer and I'm so glad/thrilled that you fellahs had an awesome time in Aggieland. I know that I would've had fun but I can't say I regret not coming as Wendy and I enjoyed a great day with a lot of quality time. I have to be very careful in how I choose to spend my last 22 days before leaving. By the way, I'd love to share some recovery ice cream with Brandon but I'm lactose intollerant.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
Its long but for those that would like to take a look.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw All views shared in this film are not shared by me....learning and entertainment purpose only
I'm 35-minutes into the video and it's loaded with information. I'll have to choose my comments carefully when I respond. By the way, I might have a change in "upgrade" plans as I've been doing some price comparisons. MTF...
Old Mar 30, 2009, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I'm 35-minutes into the video and it's loaded with information. I'll have to choose my comments carefully when I respond...
i know what you mean brother..35min then its just really starting to get interesting.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:39 AM

I have nothing to do this morning besides...read my books...
NERD!!!!!!!

Now aside from all that...do you ever work?

This is why I want to go MI! Haha
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
i know what you mean brother..35min then its just really starting to get interesting.
OK. I just finished watching the entire nearly two hours worth of documentary. I took almost three complete pages of notes but I'm hesitant to put my thoughts out in public view. I may simply summarize the documentary and slide some personal opinions in there to prevent other interested folks that don't have the time from watching the whole thing.

Break...

I need to find a longer O2 sensor wrench for my truck. The one I have is about 1/2 inch too short.

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
NERD!!!!!!!

Now aside from all that...do you ever work? This is why I want to go MI! Haha
Jake, I do work. Ask those I work with and they'll let you know that I live on the A-Team. Aside from that, I'm on block leave until the 20th of next month. And yes, there is room for you on the Intel side of the house!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Levar, if you don't get a helmet for the track this weekend, feel free to borrow mine. Brandon has tonsillectomy on Friday so I will be at the hospital that night.

BTW - the Autocross event was great. My nieghbor took his R32 and that car is a riot to ride in. Mario won our class in my car. If I had not clipped on friggin cone I would have won for once! Anyway, the Evo X is far better then I expected for its weight. I think if I get some wider/stickier rubber this car will be a winner. Levar, you really should have come out. They had like 40 novices, so you would have been in good company. The course was wide open too.

I'll post some pictures tonight when I get home from work.
I was very impressed with EvoG8r's X. For a car that looks and feels a lot bigger it felt pretty light on its feet when I put it through its paces. However, the throttle felt weird. I'm not sure if it is drive by wire, but I couldn't get the launch down right. Then, again it was my first time driving it.

Last edited by wariosport; Mar 30, 2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

OK. I just finished watching the entire nearly two hours worth of documentary. I took almost three complete pages of notes but I'm hesitant to put my thoughts out in public view. I may simply summarize the documentary and slide some personal opinions in there to prevent other interested folks that don't have the time from watching the whole thing.

Break...

I need to find a longer O2 sensor wrench for my truck. The one I have is about 1/2 inch too short.

Jake, I do work. Ask those I work with and they'll let you know that I live on the A-Team. Aside from that, I'm on block leave until the 20th of next month. And yes, there is room for you on the Intel side of the house!
O2 wrench kit at Sprockets has every type you can imagine.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

My nieghbor took his R32 and that car is a riot to ride in.
Yes. I had never ridden/driven an R32 and I gotta say I was impressed.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

O2 wrench kit at Sprockets has every type you can imagine.
I bought another one at Autozone for $10.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 04:57 PM

^^^ just sent you a PM

On to the reason for this post:

I have a 19" Viewsonic CRT Monitor, Model: E90f+SB

I am giving this monitor away. It's free. The only thing you have to do is pick it up from my place. It's in it's original box and packaging. The reason I'm giving this away is because I have a 26" Samsung LCD now for all my gaming goodness.

Again: This monitor is free....just pick it up. Get it out of my apartment....haha
Old Mar 31, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ just sent you a PM

On to the reason for this post:

I have a 19" Viewsonic CRT Monitor, Model: E90f+SB

I am giving this monitor away. It's free. The only thing you have to do is pick it up from my place. It's in it's original box and packaging. The reason I'm giving this away is because I have a 26" Samsung LCD now for all my gaming goodness.

Again: This monitor is free....just pick it up. Get it out of my apartment....haha
I'll stop by after Boy Scouts and grab it from you. I'll give you a call in just a second. Talking to Wendy.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I'll stop by after Boy Scouts and grab it from you. I'll give you a call in just a second. Talking to Wendy.
Meet me by your apartment main office in 15 minutes as my son has my cell phone with your number in it. He's a Boy Scouts right up the street from you and he's usually done at 2030. That gives us a bit of time to chat about the PM.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

On to the reason for this post. I have a 19" Viewsonic CRT Monitor, Model: E90f+SB. I am giving this monitor away. It's free. The only thing you have to do is pick it up from my place. It's in it's original box and packaging. The reason I'm giving this away is because I have a 26" Samsung LCD now for all my gaming goodness. Again: This monitor is free....just pick it up. Get it out of my apartment....haha
I'm leaving right now. Meet me by your main office as I don't have my cell phone with me.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 07:50 PM

levar we need to get a bbk group buy going..lol im in love with that turbo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1AyH...eature=related

Last edited by soceur77; Mar 31, 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in