Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ I just got back from JMS, first time there...good group of guys they got down there.

I just picked up my rebuilt tranny...and will be heading down there next week to get the t-case rebuilt as well.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
^ I just got back from JMS, first time there...good group of guys they got down there.

I just picked up my rebuilt tranny...and will be heading down there next week to get the t-case rebuilt as well.
Wow. That is great. I think I will give JMS some business for my tranny as well. Did you get the higher EVO9 1st gear and 4th gears?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No just kept the 8 gearing. Now just to get it back in and take the t case out.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jms did my tranny rebuilt i have evo 8 3rd and 4th on my evo 9.. they also built my t case and rear diff... ohhhhh and my motor lol hahahahahahahahahah

nothing going on saturday bro sorry i dont have anything set up ohhhhhhh other than a bbq from 12-6 all the car guys coming to that thats about it
Old Dec 2, 2011, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
No just kept the 8 gearing. Now just to get it back in and take the t case out.
I understand.

Originally Posted by Evostacio
jms did my tranny rebuilt i have evo 8 3rd and 4th on my evo 9.. they also built my t case and rear diff.
I do wish I were closer to San Antonio, my friend as I would drop my EVO off in a heartbeat. I take leave in March and need to get some major work done and it is tough finding a shop that I trust in Arizona.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
So, anyone know who drives a solid blue 8/9 onpost? I have a good video of you launching at 1607 behind Burba. /Staff Duty Out
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I understand.

I do wish I were closer to San Antonio, my friend as I would drop my EVO off in a heartbeat. I take leave in March and need to get some major work done and it is tough finding a shop that I trust in Arizona.
You have several very good shops in Phoenix. I have a friend that lives in Phoenix that has a shop he trusts and he is as picky as they come. I think the place is Dynocomp.

Edit: adding website http://dyno-comp.com/

Last edited by EvoG8r; Dec 10, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
You have several very good shops in Phoenix. I have a friend that lives in Phoenix that has a shop he trusts and he is as picky as they come. I think the place is Dynocomp.

Edit: adding website http://dyno-comp.com/
Sounds fantastic. How is the EVO coming along?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Mine is good. I added a COP kit and a set of Bilsteins with Swift springs. COP kit was def a great investment. Bilstein have a very fluid ride quality, but the Swifts are somewhat compromised the suspension geometry though they ride nice. Some mild cams, roll center kit, bump steer kit are next on the list. I'm also trying to figure out how to buy another set of used Advan RZs without pissing off my wife.

My goal for this car is to make it seem like stock, but with 400whp. Getting 400whp and making it seem completely stock is somewhat challenging.

Levar, you should buy your wife the Evolander that AMS is selling for $25k in the other cars section.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Mine is good. I added a COP kit and a set of Bilsteins with Swift springs. COP kit was def a great investment. Bilstein have a very fluid ride quality, but the Swifts are somewhat compromised the suspension geometry though they ride nice. Some mild cams, roll center kit, bump steer kit are next on the list. I'm also trying to figure out how to buy another set of used Advan RZs without pissing off my wife.

My goal for this car is to make it seem like stock, but with 400whp. Getting 400whp and making it seem completely stock is somewhat challenging.

Levar, you should buy your wife the Evolander that AMS is selling for $25k in the other cars section.
First off, there is no way that I am buying my queen that joker. She is more of a BMW M3 or C-Class woman. I support those efforts of hers but her focus right now is to buy a house. We need to settle down first.

I plan to buy a COP within the next day or two as I have one more large parts shipment to get and then I will be all done. Right now, I am on the fence between the 2.1L or 2.3L so until then, I will be happy with 500whp and 400wtq on the stock block.

It is good that you are still building a pretty clean EVO. I do not see how you can stay at 400whp with the HKS turbo you have. Do explain.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Looking forward to seeing some of the FORT HOOD Evos, Im about to start my drive from Cali to TX after I go get a new plate at DMV since someone decided to steal mine lol
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by needmoreboost!!
Looking forward to seeing some of the FORT HOOD Evos, Im about to start my drive from Cali to TX after I go get a new plate at DMV since someone decided to steal mine lol
have a good drive! long drives in EVOs are not fun. let us know when you get here
Old Dec 12, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RedNBlackEvo8
have a good drive! long drives in EVOs are not fun. let us know when you get here
im driving a moving truck and towing the EVO
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

So how many active Evos are out there now?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

hello what yah doing in here when yah coming to sa

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in