Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
You let me know when this happens, those were the good times in the area. This "my Evo is better than yours" BS is what killed it and the immature idiots. I have never met guys that would be jealous of what others have like here in Killeen.

needmoreboost!! - word of advise, if your young and immature you'll fit right in. If you actually like cars, stick to the internet or a more mature crowd.

----Monkey
This is really unfortunate and I guess the turnover due to PCS'ing has had an impact. I remember between 2006-2010, it was great. Although there was drama on a small scale, at the end of the day, it was all about talking and loving cars. We used to go to each other's houses, do cruises, hit the track, and just an all-around brotherhood. Such a shame.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You let me know when this happens, those were the good times in the area. This "my Evo is better than yours" BS is what killed it and the immature idiots. I have never met guys that would be jealous of what others have like here in Killeen.

needmoreboost!! - word of advise, if your young and immature you'll fit right in. If you actually like cars, stick to the internet or a more mature crowd.

----Monkey
Thanks for the advice, i am young but not immature. So killeen is EVO's hating on EVO's? That sucks comming from Fort Irwin I was expecting a larger crowd and tight group that helps each other out. Thats what we had out in Irwin just that we only had about 5 Evos on post.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by needmoreboost!!
So killeen is EVO's hating on EVO's? That sucks comming from Fort Irwin I was expecting a larger crowd and tight group that helps each other out. Thats what we had out in Irwin just that we only had about 5 Evos on post.
Yes. We were all very tight back then. EVOs represented like you would not believe. It was not a strange thing to see a caravan of EVOs heading to Little River on Friday night.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

----Monkey
Damm bro didn't think Id see you on here again. I plan on going to killeen soon ill hit you up when I'm there maybe we can hit limecreek up.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

most of the evos down here stick together there are a few that like to chill on there own and thats no biggie im just here to chill and race really
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

You let me know when this happens, those were the good times in the area.

----Monkey
We had a blast. It will start hopefully sometime next month.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

awwwwwwwwwwww snapppppppppp
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys I know I don't have an evo but an 05 ralliart. I was taught to always appreciate what you have, so yeah it's been my car since 2006. I was wondering does anyone know of a local place near ft hood that rolls and pulls fenders? Also to where it won't cost an arm and a leg. Hope someone can help. Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Deep stage did my rear fenders on my subie and did a good job. People are bit skeptical of the places around but hey its near by. They also did Monkey's X a while back and I believe did a good job also.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Ok cool, thanks for the info. Did they just roll your fenders or did they pull them too? How much did they charge you for it?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by nc_bboy
Ok cool, thanks for the info. Did they just roll your fenders or did they pull them too? How much did they charge you for it?
Interested as well in this info. Pics would be nice too.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:05 AM
Evolving Member

They just rolled and if I'm not mistaken it was thirty but you might wanna roll by and check it might have gone up
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nc_bboy
Hey guys I know I don't have an evo but an 05 ralliart. I was taught to always appreciate what you have, so yeah it's been my car since 2006. I was wondering does anyone know of a local place near ft hood that rolls and pulls fenders? Also to where it won't cost an arm and a leg. Hope someone can help. Thanks
Soulspeed rents a roller for 25 bucks. If you rent it on friday you can bring it back and you bring it back my monday it's still the same price if you want to do it yourself.

http://www.soulspeed.com/contact.html
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
They just rolled and if I'm not mistaken it was thirty but you might wanna roll by and check it might have gone up
ok yeah i'll call them later today to see how much it will cost

Soulspeed rents a roller for 25 bucks. If you rent it on friday you can bring it back and you bring it back my monday it's still the same price if you want to do it yourself.

http://www.soulspeed.com/contact.html
Yeah I was thinking of soulspeed because I seen them from doing a google search. I might be headed that way this weekend so its definitely an option.

I'm not on coilovers yet. I'm waiting for our refund from taxes to lower it on some BCs. I might not have to do anything until then, but the info was helpful. Thanks guys!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I checked out deepstage motorsports. They are charging $75 each fender plus tax. Ouch lol. Anyways I just remembered my older brother has a roller now. I'll ask him to ship it to me. So here's a heads up, if anyone wants to roll their fenders with me when I get it just PM me. I'll post here when I receive it.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in