Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone running e85 and had the work done in Texas? What did you have to upgrade to make the car compatible?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mid_Evo
@ Evostacio hey man can i get one of those V8 hunting shirts? ill be getting tuned at JMS late next week if that is a cool time to get one?
I will most likely have to order them because I don't have any but they take a while to get made.

Also to answer the guy above me most likely look into a new fuel pump and injectors
Old Mar 4, 2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Evostacio
I will most likely have to order them because I don't have any but they take a while to get made.

Also to answer the guy above me most likely look into a new fuel pump and injectors
Well I already have a walbro 255 lph pump installed. I'm thinking I would just need the injectors (no clue what size), rails maybe, and lines so the fuel wont eat thru?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

stock fuel rail will be enough for quite a bit of power. Depends on your long term goals in order to decide on an injector size but to give you an idea I had FIC 1050cc injectors and was at 68% duty cycle on e85 and 30 psi on a stock IX turbo.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You beat me to it, Pat. I scratch my head every time I see someone talking about E85 eating through fuel lines. I had 1050cc injectors on the stock VIII turbo and was just fine as well.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

I've heard of e85 eating threw the evo 10 fuel lines but not the evo 8 or 9. Hmmmm I'll have to do some more research on that
Old Mar 5, 2012, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
You beat me to it, Pat. I scratch my head every time I see someone talking about E85 eating through fuel lines. I had 1050cc injectors on the stock VIII turbo and was just fine as well.
I've heard of e85 eating threw the evo 10 fuel lines but not the evo 8 or 9. Hmmmm I'll have to do some more research on that
I could've sworn I read a post somewhere from David Buschur that stated the Evo 10's don't have issues with the fuel lines when running e85 as well but I could be wrong.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

I think someone else made another thing I'm not sure don't quote me on it
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:58 PM

Yeah I'm having trouble finding reliable info about e85, maybe it's just a longevity thing to change out the lines.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:06 PM

Yay in limbo in Bagram waiting to get out of here....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:18 PM

How long does it usually take to put a turbo in and an engine rebuild? I'm trying to plan around it when I go home for vacation. Does two weeks sound like plenty of time?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

hell nooooooooooooo
Old Mar 6, 2012, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know a bunch of people that have been running E85 for over a year now and no issues at all with 1000cc injectors and the fuel pump pushing over 400whp on stock turbos .. the only fuel system related issues ive heard of with corn is on the new civics and it eating up stuff on the fuel pump .. as for the evos .. not heard of a single issue ...

swapping a turbo is super easy and takes like 2 hours .. i did it once in 2.5 in a walmart parking lot with just my little tool kit i keep in the car .. i blew the turbo .. and went to san an got a new one and threw it in down there ... way easy

As for the motor build .. I just did mine .. fully built everything block and head and the time it takes to do rebuilt it depends on a lot .... when you order your parts .. what parts you order .. if they are in stock ... if they ship you the right or wrong parts .. things gettting lost in the mail .. if you need machine shop work(ie head work, valve job, bore block etc) ...and then you have actually assembling the motor.. then you have have to consider how busy they shop is that you want to build the motor .. or you are gonna do it your self ... for me .. from the time i ordered all the parts/pulled the motor to putting the motor back in was a month and me and a buddy doing all the work so we got to work at our pace(which was pretty quick ... we had the motor from just a block to fully assembles long block in a two days and in the car the next .. but if you order parts now and make sure stuff is right ... that will cut off about 2 weeks ... but there are a lot of factors .. and it is not a process to rush make sure it is done right
Old Mar 7, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

hell nooooooooooooo
Lol good way to put it. Buschur's current wait time is 3 weeks just to give you an idea. I wouldn't rush a motor build either though.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been on e85 straight for 2 years now. No issues at all. All fuel lines are good. Running PTE 1200cc's. Stock fuel rail on a buschur 20g. So as far as longevity on stock lines, I've seen no adverse effects.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in