Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got one of my buddies looking for one. Shoot me your number and I'll have him give you a call
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:47 PM

If anyones looking for X aftermarket parts I have a bunch im selling and will be in houston tommorow if they wanna meet up or w/e.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Anyone have experience installing cams and springs themselves? I would like to get it out of the way before Columbus day. Mostly what I'm looking for is the necessary tools (the air compressor attachment to hold the valves in place) and a spring compressor. I can run on auto engineer and do the rest with complimentary beer.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dr_latino999
Anyone have experience installing cams and springs themselves? I would like to get it out of the way before Columbus day. Mostly what I'm looking for is the necessary tools (the air compressor attachment to hold the valves in place) and a spring compressor. I can run on auto engineer and do the rest with complimentary beer.
I may watch your fiasco so I can do mine or else i'll just take it to Kevin. Wait never mind I have to do cam gears too. I may just watch to possibly make it more difficult.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:06 PM

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...aff=national#0

I'm fixing to sign the papers on this Evo, the original owner is from Ft.hood, anybody recognize it? Anything I should know? The vehicle is at kileen auto sales. I'm fixing to sale my 350z for it.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eddielujan

I'm fixing to sign the papers on this Evo, the original owner is from Ft.hood, anybody recognize it? Anything I should know? The vehicle is at kileen auto sales. I'm fixing to sale my 350z for it.
Looks like the same car this guy had. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...18x9-30-a.html

I personally wouldn't buy that car. I looked at it and it looked like it had all kinds of issues. The guy there said they were selling it of 20k

Last edited by wariosport; Sep 10, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eddielujan

That is not a bad car, the previous owner traded it for an evo x needed something bigger after he got back from a deployment.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by wariosport
Looks like the same car this guy had. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...18x9-30-a.html

I personally wouldn't buy that car. I looked at it and it looked like it had all kinds of issues. The guy there said they were selling it of 20k

Originally Posted by Veebong
That is not a bad car, the previous owner traded it for an evo x needed something bigger after he got back from a deployment.
Thanks guys! I appreciate it.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

I may watch your fiasco so I can do mine or else i'll just take it to Kevin. Wait never mind I have to do cam gears too. I may just watch to possibly make it more difficult.
Kevin quoted me $400 for the install of entire valve train; I know the tools I need are cheaper but can we put a cost on the general "Not my problem if the install goes South?"
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Kevin quoted me $400 for the install of entire valve train; I know the tools I need are cheaper but can we put a cost on the general "Not my problem if the install goes South?"
Going to probably do the same.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Going to probably do the same.
Called the wife today and gave her the rundown.

"Pros to DIY - Save money.
Cons - You invent new curse words, you end up finding out you need some tool you don't have, and then you'll have to go to Dallas any way when the flux capacitor that wasn't in the service manual and has no reason being in a cylinder head springs a leak and drains all of your blinker fluid."

Possible the easiest explanation ever

So for $125 in parts I can do it myself, the only thing stopping me at this point is concern of dropping a valve into the cylinder.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Called the wife today and gave her the rundown.

"Pros to DIY - Save money.
Cons - You invent new curse words, you end up finding out you need some tool you don't have, and then you'll have to go to Dallas any way when the flux capacitor that wasn't in the service manual and has no reason being in a cylinder head springs a leak and drains all of your blinker fluid."

Possible the easiest explanation ever

So for $125 in parts I can do it myself, the only thing stopping me at this point is concern of dropping a valve into the cylinder.
I may even invite you to the bat cave to watch you do that.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

I may even invite you to the bat cave to watch you do that.
It makes sense that if the piston is at TDC, with this being an interference motor and all, that it would be impossible to "lose" a valve.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

It makes sense that if the piston is at TDC, with this being an interference motor and all, that it would be impossible to "lose" a valve.
I bought a valve spring compressor.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

This thread actually got technical there for a minute... wowsa!

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in