Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PsychoAmbrosia
Aye, new guy to the area, If you seen wingless GG Evo IX driving around the airfield/warrior way thats me!
My name's Charlie btw.

Hope to see what's up, my car needs a tune btw, any good places in the area? (Austin etc)
Welcome bro! JMS is a good shop in San Antonio and Evolution Dynamics in Dallas went to both shops and was satisfied! Good luck

Originally Posted by Levar
Do you fellahs know of any good comedy clubs in Austin or Dallas?
Wish I could help bro but haven't been in texas long enough to explore the night life except for in the killeen area....
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you fellahs know of any good comedy clubs in Austin or Dallas?
If you want I can come over crack some jokes and make fun of you for a 6 pack of beer.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

That was a good one right there.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
If you want I can come over crack some jokes and make fun of you for a 6 pack of beer.
theres one in downtown fort worth called four day weekend or something like that. from what im to understand theres tons of them around here
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Veebong
Welcome bro! JMS is a good shop in San Antonio and Evolution Dynamics in Dallas went to both shops and was satisfied! Good luck

these guys have done some work for me and tuned my evo IX. good work and friendly staff. they will shoot the **** and make you feel welcome while your there. very cool people and the work they do is excellent quality. i havent had any problems with them.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job on the 10.4 second EVO tonight at Little River.

Also, the low 11 1G Talon trapping 130. I am still running the EVO 3 exhaust mainfold I bought from him a couple of years ago lol.

I managed a 12.7 missing 4th granny shifting with my 2G . Had to give my friends' helmet back ( ) so I'll be back next week looking for 12's at about close to 120.

It's too bad as this was a perfect night to race and no one really was out there.

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evoredy

Also, the low 11 1G Talon trapping 130. I am still running the EVO 3 exhaust mainfold I bought from him a couple of years ago lol.

I managed a 12.7 missing 4th granny shifting with my 2G . Had to give my friends' helmet back ( ) so I'll be back next week looking for 12's at about close to 120.

It's too bad as this was a perfect night to race and no one really was out there.

Merry Christmas!
What turbo do you have on the DSM? I guess you have the EVO stashed away for the winter. I cannot wait to get back out there.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
Deal! After Christmas as I am in College Station right now.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

What turbo do you have on the DSM? I guess you have the EVO stashed away for the winter. I cannot wait to get back out there.
Stock frame. Kinugawa "25G" with a TD06SL2 Turbine wheel in a 7CM housing. Externally gated at the stock wastegate port. 27PSI. Full weight car. Full tank too :/.

I was just getting a feel for the car last night.

Levar, btw, there's a beautiful and VERY lightly modded 2Gb AWD that needs some TLC on CL. Just put DSM in the CenTex search field. 5K.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Stock frame. Kinugawa "25G" with a TD06SL2 Turbine wheel in a 7CM housing. Externally gated at the stock wastegate port. 27PSI. Full weight car. Full tank too :/.

I was just getting a feel for the car last night.

Levar, btw, there's a beautiful and VERY lightly modded 2Gb AWD that needs some TLC on CL. Just put DSM in the CenTex search field. 5K.
I saw it, my friend. I am looking for something with the black interior. The price is great and for what it is, I might have to settle.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3490972472.html
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Merry Christmas!
I would of gone last night but my Evo is down. Alternator took a ****, already took the old one out just waiting on the new one to come in.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Levar, I don't really take the evo out there now because I still haven't been able to get it off the line well enough. It has a new TRE trans and TCASE with an exedy HD twin and has not seen a launch yet. I'm going to fiddle with the ecu fake anti-lag, enable NLTS, and do a couple of tests.

I am 100% comfortable with the eclipse lol and can bust 1.8's with my crappy falkens and a cold track now. The transmission is just pretty tired and I think I am maxing the power level of my ACT clutch. I shift *really slow 2-3 and 3-4 and I missed gears which really hurt me.

I'm going to put some poly shifter base bushings and change the transmission fluid with a redline cocktail again as it has well over 30K and almost 3 years since last changed. I just adjusted the clutch pedal today and it was way off and dragging at 6K (should fix slow into 3rd and 4th). Going to replace the clutch fluid too and be back out there next week (if open) if you care to join man.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:38 AM

Wats up central Texas, I've been gone for almost 7 months to the Stan. Can't wait to be back in Killeen to be with my daughter n wife, n of course my evo x. So what's new over there any meets going on, when I get back I'm thinking of getting my motor build, haven't decided yet but it's between jms and evo dynamics. Also haven't decided between a fp black bb or map ef4. What do you guys think between the two turbos?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

^ Can't speak about the Map EF4 as for I have no experienced that turbo, but I have rode in an evo 8 with the FP Black and it was a fun ride! The meets are at K-mart ft hood st parking lot at like 8ish time frame on fridays. I have been to both shops and they're both great so It's either you drive to dallas for evo D or san antonio for jms good luck on your choice and welcome back!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Levar, I don't really take the evo out there now because I still haven't been able to get it off the line well enough. It has a new TRE trans and TCASE with an exedy HD twin and has not seen a launch yet. I'm going to fiddle with the ecu fake anti-lag, enable NLTS, and do a couple of tests.

I am 100% comfortable with the eclipse lol and can bust 1.8's with my crappy falkens and a cold track now. The transmission is just pretty tired and I think I am maxing the power level of my ACT clutch. I shift *really slow 2-3 and 3-4 and I missed gears which really hurt me.

I'm going to put some poly shifter base bushings and change the transmission fluid with a redline cocktail again as it has well over 30K and almost 3 years since last changed. I just adjusted the clutch pedal today and it was way off and dragging at 6K (should fix slow into 3rd and 4th). Going to replace the clutch fluid too and be back out there next week (if open) if you care to join man.
I remember when I first met you. Shortly after, we headed to Little River and you destroyed the differential with the 35r. That was my first time seeing that happen and I was expecting it to me more catastrophic but it was not. It is a strange thing how something that looks very small could cost so much to get fixed. If the weather is nice this Friday and I am not moving into the new house, I would like to take a trip to the track to see how things have changed since the last time I visited. I have not found a suitable 2G DSM just yet, my friend. The ones I do find, the sellers are asking for too much claiming the DSMs are classic and vintage. I have been looking at some other platforms such as the WRX, S2K, and VW32 if my searching continues to come up empty.

Originally Posted by iceman23007
Wats up central Texas, I've been gone for almost 7 months to the Stan. Can't wait to be back in Killeen to be with my daughter n wife, n of course my evo x. So what's new over there any meets going on, when I get back I'm thinking of getting my motor build, haven't decided yet but it's between jms and evo dynamics. Also haven't decided between a fp black bb or map ef4. What do you guys think between the two turbos?
On the topic of the EF4X, I cannot make any claims although I had one on my 2.4LR. I would recommend taking a look at this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ts-thread.html

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in