Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ WRX a SUBAWHO?! lol jk Those are nice platforms as well as the S2k and R32 =) a vw that is
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Veebong
^ WRX a SUBAWHO?! lol jk Those are nice platforms as well as the S2k and R32 =) a vw that is
If I cannot find a 2G in good shape with a ceiling of $5K, I will save up enough for my third EVO before I spend nearly $8K for a so-called "vintage" 2G that some guys have had the nerve to tell me as if I am a moron or something.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Levar
I remember when I first met you. Shortly after, we headed to Little River and you destroyed the differential with the 35r. That was my first time seeing...
Yeah that was my NEW at the time RS LSD. Cracked like an egg. If you notice these days the high hp/large turbo guys (gt whatevers) are anti-lagging at about 7k on the line just to get off of it lol.

I blip the throttle three times while the tree drops and make a quick release of the clutch at about 4K-4.5K with the GSX and it never fails,--I cut repeatable 1.8's--with a full tank of e85 lol. I'll stick with it for now . Shorter wheelbase, lighter, etc.

I will set my takeoff limiter to 7K on the evo and maybe make a run or two after practicing off the track. I build 25PSI at 6K as it sits so we will see. The exedy HD is hard to slip at the line! I did finish setting the NLTS with an 800 rpm drop and it's amazing. I have to stop myself from NLTS's onto an onramp lol. It's almost required with a large garrett-style turbo as the boost recovery is horrible with a stock compression 2.0 liter.

I hope the weather is good on Friday!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoredy
Yeah that was my NEW at the time RS LSD. Cracked like an egg. If you notice these days the high hp/large turbo guys (gt whatevers) are anti-lagging at about 7k on the line just to get off of it lol.

I blip the throttle three times while the tree drops and make a quick release of the clutch at about 4K-4.5K with the GSX and it never fails,--I cut repeatable 1.8's--with a full tank of e85 lol. I'll stick with it for now . Shorter wheelbase, lighter, etc.

I will set my takeoff limiter to 7K on the evo and maybe make a run or two after practicing off the track. I build 25PSI at 6K as it sits so we will see. The exedy HD is hard to slip at the line! I did finish setting the NLTS with an 800 rpm drop and it's amazing. I have to stop myself from NLTS's onto an onramp lol. It's almost required with a large garrett-style turbo as the boost recovery is horrible with a stock compression 2.0 liter.

I hope the weather is good on Friday!
I never knew about the anti-lagging. I thought those guys just had upgraded drivetrain parts galore. I always wondered about that and now I have my answer.

I remember when I first had NLTS added, I felt like I was really driving a race car and every time I did it right I just smiled all over. I had a 500 RPM drop that took getting some used to.

I will be unpacking boxes today and hopefully I can finish to have a free weekend (at least Friday night).
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never knew about the anti-lagging. I thought those guys just had upgraded drivetrain parts galore. I always wondered about that and now I have my answer.

I remember when I first had NLTS added, I felt like I was really driving a race car and every time I did it right I just smiled all over. I had a 500 RPM drop that took getting some used to.

I will be unpacking boxes today and hopefully I can finish to have a free weekend (at least Friday night).
Save up for an Evo as it is the only car that will keep you interested. My first autox is on the 27th. Well it will be a practice for me. I'm going to do already one a month. So hurry up and buy something Levar!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
Save up for an Evo as it is the only car that will keep you interested. My first autox is on the 27th. Well it will be a practice for me. I'm going to do already one a month. So hurry up and buy something Levar!
I working on it, brother. Believe me! Care to help me unload some boxes today?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

I working on it, brother. Believe me! Care to help me unload some boxes today?
Maybe what time? Working on the barn today.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone not doing anything this weekend?
Seeing if anyone wants to meet up and grab a bite,
was thinking of this legit burger place around town.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

theres a couple of us going to the track today around 6:30 pm if your down to roll hit me up
209-604-4383 the names Eddie
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:39 PM

Anyone going out tonight?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by forcefedkid
Anyone going out tonight?
Are you the dude from Gatesville?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by wariosport
Are you the dude from Gatesville?
Yeah what's up?
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah what's up?
Hey,

How's it going. I think I say you getting on 190 close to Nolanville. I was in a green Mini.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:23 PM

Na wasn't me. I was in Waco earlier. You know of anyone going out tonight? Looking to head over there if anyone is out
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Na wasn't me. I was in Waco earlier. You know of anyone going out tonight? Looking to head over there if anyone is out
Not that I know of. Meets are on Friday's at the Kmart parking lot.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in