Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, I am back from the flu world... also back from the dealer. Fund out my clutch is infact defective, but mitsubishi just doesn't cover them under warranty anymore. So I'm screwed.

ACT here I come...
Old Dec 12, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Hey all, I am back from the flu world... also back from the dealer. Fund out my clutch is infact defective, but mitsubishi just doesn't cover them under warranty anymore. So I'm screwed. ACT here I come...
Sorry to hear about that as it explains why I hadn't heard from you in a while. I made to stupid mistake this evening and drunk half of a milk shake that sat in my car all afternoon. I'm about to watch Dark Knight and hope that I don't gag on myself. I got your email today and will give those numbers a call tomorrow around mid-afternoon. Sorry to hear about your clutch and it does seem that this is the preferred route to upgrade...when you don't have a choice. It seems like April is right around the corner and I sure don't feel like being gone for another year. My laptop is acting up and I'm about two seconds away from stashing it under the nearest moving tank. I think after Christmas I'm going to Boost Logic to get some exhaust work done (test pipe and BR race muffler installed). I've decided that I'm going to get those Konig wheels powdercoated either gloss or flat black. I'd like to also get a set of the Works Spec R springs along with the EVO Dave heads/tails done in black to finish the exterior.
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:37 PM

Yeah i was at bl all day today kicking it with ol marc lol..got some stuff fab'd myself. hey sorry purevo about lunch today i totally forgot that i had the day off.."training holiday" =)
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bankaiup
Yeah i was at bl all day today kicking it with ol marc lol..got some stuff fab'd myself. hey sorry purevo about lunch today i totally forgot that i had the day off.."training holiday" =)
It's all good as I was caught up in the casing ceremony. Yeah, I'm hoping that the BL Crew can square me away as I'm hoping to make my car sound meaner with the additional parts. Maybe next week we'll be able to do something. What unit are you in?
Old Dec 12, 2008, 11:24 PM

2-1 ada and urself?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bankaiup
2-1 ada and urself?
BDE S2, 1st Air CAV BDE
Old Dec 18, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone interested in a meet at an eatery this weekend? Edit - there might be an evening meet on Friday at centexracingscene dot com.

Last edited by EvoG8r; Dec 18, 2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Anyone interested in a meet at an eatery this weekend? Edit - there might be an evening meet on Friday at centexracingscene dot com.
On Friday, I am taking the kids to their grandfathers for the weekend. I might be able to get away for a bit but having no kids in the house is an opportunity that doesn't come too often. I will stop by your office right at 1300 tomorrow to discuss a certain matter with $$$.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I'll be heading to the old target in about an hour to meet up with some friends.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

It was good seeing everyone kicking it Friday night. Hopefully, get togethers that are stress free and drama free happen more often. I'm thinking some type of Honda, EVO, 350, STI event at Little River wouldn't be hard to put together with the right people. I'm still good for the 18th but where do I go to register?
Old Dec 21, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
It was good seeing everyone kicking it Friday night. Hopefully, get togethers that are stress free and drama free happen more often. I'm thinking some type of Honda, EVO, 350, STI event at Little River wouldn't be hard to put together with the right people. I'm still good for the 18th but where do I go to register?
www.dlbracing.com
Old Dec 21, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

I will do all that I can to make the event as I see it's on a Sunday. Why aren't Saturdays liked in the autocrossing world? I still need to buy a helmet. What size is yours, medium, right? I plan on bringing a guy from work who wants to buy an EVO once we return from Iraq next year. I'm thinking a few co-pilot trips around the course will seal the deal.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 03:05 PM

Update: I'm going to miss my original PCS Date in January so I've been moved to Mid February 09. I plan on arriving at the beginning of March unless something else changes.

I'm still trying to find a better price for that clutch man.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
Update: I'm going to miss my original PCS Date in January so I've been moved to Mid February 09. I plan on arriving at the beginning of March unless something else changes.
I will still be here but that Iraq date on the calendar sure is approaching pretty fast.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 08:34 PM

I have a very strong feeling that I'll be over there shortly after my arrival and inprocessing are complete

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in