Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I appreciate that you acknowledge that my car is better...
Originally Posted by monkey_187
Yours might be better than his, but IMO X are not better than an 8/9......
I have to agree with Monkey on this as I haven't seen any 1100+whp EVO Xs yet. They look nice and have some new "electronics" but the 8/9 is where it's at. Time will tell...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wont be a long story with an aluminum block.............
Old Apr 5, 2009, 08:55 PM

Im just happy to still be in the old skool iron block alum head grp. All the past beast had this set up, skyline, supra, evo...the 10 engine may be lighter and more effeciant, but I dont see it touching the 8/9 hp numbers reliably with out sleeving the block. And the X MR...someone needs to solve the 350 tq limit on that tranny...No one yet other then AMS has a X as a project car....All that being said I like the x and still wrestling with the idea of dropping my MR an getting one (thx sabot)..lol

Last edited by soceur77; Apr 5, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:57 PM

No website yet, hes talking about my house.

Originally Posted by soceur77
Im just happy to still be in the old skool iron block alum head grp. All the past beast had this set up, skyline, supra, evo...the 10 engine may be lighter and more effeciant, but I dont see it touching the 8/9 hp numbers reliably with out sleeving the block. And the X MR...someone needs to solve the 350 tq limit on that tranny...No one yet other then AMS has a X as a project car....All that being said I like the x and still wrestling with the idea of dropping my MR an getting one (thx sabot)..lol
when you come back from Iraq with that fat wallet you know what to do...
Old Apr 6, 2009, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh boy...Lausan talking about the X! That is true about the AMS Time Attack EVO. I haven't seen any other companies out there taking the plunge. In defense of the X, aftermarket power parts turbo-wise will be easier based on the traditional layout of the 4B11 engine. As far as project cars are concerned, there is nothing wrong with being the first to do such-and-such with the X. Heck, someone has to step up to the plate and swing. Might as well start with this...

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Code=NTEVOXRed

Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone going to HIN next weekend?
me and the fam are rolling at least my wife and i are. tryin to find a babysitter
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:30 AM

buhahaha....im telling you,the civic guy didnt take enough air out the front right tire he was a major disappointment....
the eclipses with out the hoods..... i hope i never see them on the street, i swear ill get out my car and tell them i run on foot faster then they drive in a 1/4mi. I really hope i run into that black suburu though, i know every one was secretly loving how it sounded, i have know if that was his wastegate or what. Well had fun guys, even though the crowd was lacking. we made our own good time....oh yea shawn, i know why we didnt have to fight those guys.....they saw pedros tapout shirt and got scared..lol
last...who was the tall black guy in the group?...lol "I dont know him sir!"..LOL
whatever guy, it was the that scared them
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:31 AM

YEA centrifugal force for the win! ill order 2 please!!

GO NORTH CAROLINA!
I SECOND THAT NOTION ALL DAY!!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
me and the fam are rolling at least my wife and i are. tryin to find a babysitter
Well if everyone is up for it we can meet up at target and leave from there. I will be going for sure unless something comes up at the last minute. I have my beast back and I want to take her for a spin!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Oh boy...Lausan talking about the X! That is true about the AMS Time Attack EVO. I haven't seen any other companies out there taking the plunge. In defense of the X, aftermarket power parts turbo-wise will be easier based on the traditional layout of the 4B11 engine. As far as project cars are concerned, there is nothing wrong with being the first to do such-and-such with the X. Heck, someone has to step up to the plate and swing. Might as well start with this...

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...Code=NTEVOXRed

get me a good tuner for the X...
FP Red & 1000cc inj.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:19 PM

Well if everyone is up for it we can meet up at target and leave from there. I will be going for sure unless something comes up at the last minute. I have my beast back and I want to take her for a spin!
Me and the wife are going for sure in her Evo At what time your are planing to head out?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Those are some good numbers on the website, but they dont say what kind of fuel was used.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Yours might be better than his, but IMO X are not better than an 8/9......
Ah, this wasn't about VIII/IX vs X. I am giving him crap, like he gives me crap. Hence the Last I checked I owned all three models so I know what each ones capabilities are and I love all three for different reasons.

For me the X is a better daily driver and for the power I am interested in making that 4B11 is more then enough. I have no interest in owning an 1100 whp drag car. I'll happily live with my slow car. Rather then talk $h!t, how about come out to an autocross or take it to one of the road courses and show me what you got.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sabot
Me and the wife are going for sure in her Evo At what time your are planing to head out?
Around 1430, what time were you planning on leaving?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Rather then talk $h!t, how about come out to an autocross or take it to one of the road courses and show me what you got.
Who said I was talking ****?

Thats why I said it was MY OPINION, seems to me like you got offended and yes I know that you have owned plenty of EVO's, congratulations. If I wasnt injured right now and could drive my car to the best of my driving skills. I would be more than happy to show you.

BTW- Im not going to be going back and forth over this so you win, you made me look like and a$$.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in