Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good a$$ eggrolls LMAO!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

So drlatino u up for a suspension install this weekend? You brig the jacks and motivation and ill bring the pizza and beverage of your choice.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVONOT
So drlatino u up for a suspension install this weekend? You brig the jacks and motivation and ill bring the pizza and beverage of your choice.
Coilovers or just springs?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
Coilovers or just springs?
Actually coilovers/front bumper/i would like to paint brakes but that could take a minute. Lol thats my weekend project.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Actually coilovers/front bumper/i would like to paint brakes but that could take a minute. Lol thats my weekend project.
Nice. What's up with the front bumper?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

I have an evo 9 with se lip. not alot of ly that are clean. Gotta stand out. Lol
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Is the car mobile? I I'll let you know. I have to finish up a Head gasket on a friends Civic, and then I'm free like a bird.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dr_latino999
Is the car mobile? I I'll let you know. I have to finish up a Head gasket on a friends Civic, and then I'm free like a bird.
Yes.....
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes.....
Well, with that being said I may be done with my ride height tonight so I will be free either tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. If you come by my place, it will stop me from having to haul my gerbajillion pound jack around.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dr_latino999
Well, with that being said I may be done with my ride height tonight so I will be free either tomorrow evening or Thursday morning. If you come by my place, it will stop me from having to haul my gerbajillion pound jack around.
It would probably be thursday morning. Or Friday if your available.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

my old army buddy stationed at fort hood says theres a civilian with an evo there that has 600ish hp and runs 10's. he says the guy has his own garage/shop. its a grey 8
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:06 PM

I know this has been said before. One of the tuners in Austin recommended a spark plug and I need to replace mine. Cant remember what they were. I just have exhaust on my Evo 8.. I'm probably gonna try and get a boost controller soon. I'm limited on funds for awhile due to some medical issues in family I help with the bill on. So was gonna just do manual, but heard due to temp changes and not as accurate its not worth it. So I can pick up a BC, then found some hks 272 cams for 200 bucks I could pick up. So I was thinking plugs (because maintenance first and they're needed) cams, BC, LICP, and tune for now. I wont install cams until I got money for a good tune. But Recommendations would help. 71k on my 8. I've done some research but thought I'd ask our Hood brothers in arms. Thanks

Chris
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Relic006
I know this has been said before. One of the tuners in Austin recommended a spark plug and I need to replace mine. Cant remember what they were. I just have exhaust on my Evo 8.. I'm probably gonna try and get a boost controller soon. I'm limited on funds for awhile due to some medical issues in family I help with the bill on. So was gonna just do manual, but heard due to temp changes and not as accurate its not worth it. So I can pick up a BC, then found some hks 272 cams for 200 bucks I could pick up. So I was thinking plugs (because maintenance first and they're needed) cams, BC, LICP, and tune for now. I wont install cams until I got money for a good tune. But Recommendations would help. 71k on my 8. I've done some research but thought I'd ask our Hood brothers in arms. Thanks

Chris
My friend, what are you really asking? Are you asking if you should purchase spark plugs? And if so, the brand? Or, are you asking about what you should do about the cams, LICP, and boost controller?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Relic006

Chris
If your looking for some cheap mods. Pm me I have some stuff you can use. Some will be free some really cheap.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:09 PM

Well I know I need plugs. Supposed to be done around 60k service. I only did timing belt job. Which is damn important haha. So yes, the brand, and model for good plugs that yall recommend would be nice. With all these gaps and what not I just get confused. As far as that little setup I put, I feel its a decent one. I guess I was just trying to make sure I wasnt doing a "no-no" or what not. Thanks guys, much appreciative. :-)

Chris

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in