Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey is anyone trying to get rid of their evo 8 oem wheels. if so PM me. looking to pick up a set
Old Jun 26, 2013, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Fellahs,

I am in the process (at least thinking about it) of a small business venture. I thought I would post up a few samples to see what your initial thoughts were (are). The dimensions can be in any size (and color) and I am thinking about a price of somewhere between $5-7 shipped.

Old Jul 12, 2013, 04:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Levar
Fellahs,

I am in the process (at least thinking about it) of a small business venture. I thought I would post up a few samples to see what your initial thoughts were (are). The dimensions can be in any size (and color) and I am thinking about a price of somewhere between $5-7 shipped.

What no 8? Fail! J/k
Old Jul 12, 2013, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
What no 8? Fail! J/k
I have the 8's as well, Mario.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Gentlemen of the forum, where can I find a decent machine shop in the area to clean up and check out a head?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by dr_latino999
Gentlemen of the forum, where can I find a decent machine shop in the area to clean up and check out a head?
hey man stop by RST Motors on Veterans Memorial. they have a good machine shop they take their heads to around here.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 03:50 PM

evening evo owners i have some enkei evo x wheels powder coated black for sale PM if interested.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

To all of my fellow gear heads, my brother-in-law bought a 1997 Eclipse GS (against my recommendations) that has all sorts of issues. The car is located in College Station. I told him that I would ask around to see who would be willing to perform the following for him.

1. both inner tie rods
2. both CV axles
3. both lower ball joints
4. both control arms

I told him that I would purchase only Mitsubishi OEM parts. If one of you fellahs want to make some extra $$$, I will drive you down there to perform the work. My brother is in some very bad shape. Turbos are my specialty, not the drivetrain!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Levar
To all of my fellow gear heads, my brother-in-law bought a 1997 Eclipse GS (against my recommendations) that has all sorts of issues. The car is located in College Station. I told him that I would ask around to see who would be willing to perform the following for him.

1. both inner tie rods
2. both CV axles
3. both lower ball joints
4. both control arms

I told him that I would purchase only Mitsubishi OEM parts. If one of you fellahs want to make some extra $$$, I will drive you down there to perform the work. My brother is in some very bad shape. Turbos are my specialty, not the drivetrain!
Hey man, give him a 10lb sledge for a present because that's what he'll need to separate the lower ball joints from the steering knuckles and tie-rod ends . Good luck man/I'm sure there's a good shop or someone that can help around there. You guys are welcome to call if you do it yourselves for pointers but the main one is listed above.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 01:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoredy
Hey man, give him a 10lb sledge for a present because that's what he'll need to separate the lower ball joints from the steering knuckles and tie-rod ends . Good luck man/I'm sure there's a good shop or someone that can help around there. You guys are welcome to call if you do it yourselves for pointers but the main one is listed above.
Oh no! I am not doing the work at all. I told him that I would ask around. I told him from the very beginning that I would not waste money on even buying the car, but he did not listen to my advice. I specifically told him the models he needed to look for was the GSX and the TSi. He came up one letter short with the GS.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:24 PM

Does anyone have a slide hammer that they are willing to lend or rent out. In need of one to take out transfer case.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
every Thursday there is a meet in temple. we all need to meet up and check out each others evos. Or maybe a meet at little river drags on a Friday or sat night.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by moneyhun89
every Thursday there is a meet in temple. we all need to meet up and check out each others evos. Or maybe a meet at little river drags on a Friday or sat night.
Sounds good. I should have my car up and running soon.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 05:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Where in Temple is this meet? What are the normal cars that show up?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is two in temple on Thursday. One is a little more of a mix but pretty small and I don't really go to there's. The one I usually go to is mostly mustangs but non of the guys there are like most of the typical mustang owners. They are trying to get a verifying of cars and they all like imports. I usually go to there Monday mustangs meets. Add ctx tuners on Facebook there all on there. Also there is a ctx awd monsters group on facebook that I'm on.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in