Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We can also use the giant parking lot next to the civic center, next door to the NG building. So is there a meet tonight or when?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Made it home safe and sound. AAR about today's events will follow shortly.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

I will be checking back for that AAR.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

pure_evo:

Im happy to see that you too will be Buschur powered!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

First off, I'd like to thank Caesar and Lausan for quickly circling the wagons and coming to my rescue. Secondly, Monkey it is not your fault at all that I need to practice. The fact of the matter is that I kicked my own self in the nuts. I'm tuned at pump/93 and earlier this week I was stuck in a rough place on post that didn't have any 93 or 91 so I did the unthinkable. I got nearly 12-gallons of the stuff and totally forgot that I did until talking things over with Lausan today. No crap there I was traveling on I-35N on my way to talk to some home builders and the traffic was backed up. At the first sign of daylight, I gunned it for about 1/4 mile dodging in and out of traffic. You know, normal EVO stuff. And then I hear the knock, knock, knock as if someone was tapping with a light hammer on the inside of my valve cover. I was like, ah man what the heck is going on so I took the immediate exit and pulled over into the parking lot of some diner. At first, I'm thinking, "ah it will pass" but nope. So then, I gave the NTEC mad scientist (Kevin) a call and he said that it sounded like one of my spark plugs rattled loose. OK, not a problem and an easy fix. So I called Lausan and Caesar and those fellahs mounted up with the quickness to bring the list of parts all the way from Killeen to Temple as there were no car-type stores no where in sight. Kevin was right about it having to do with my spark plugs but when Lausan and I took the spark plug cover off, there was carbon residue around the second cylinder. In classic Lausan fashion (by the way, it's always the most dangerous course of action), he was like "I bet it's a thrown rod." I'm thinking, "Can we at least start off with a $5 fix?" I ended of getting the car towed compliments of USAA roadside assistance for $56. I've found someone selling some stock IX coils for $75. Will they work on an VIII? The "Black Mamba" is now in hibernation mode awaiting the HTA35 treatment.

The takeaway is not to practice power shifting on a lower octane gasoline from which you are tuned on. If you do, this is what you get.

Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
In classic Lausan fashion (by the way, it's always the most dangerous course of action), he was like "I bet it's a thrown rod." I'm thinking, "Can we at least start off with a $5 fix?"
Buhahahah! Sorry to scare you bro, it just that mine sounded just like that when i spun a rod bearing. No problem on the help, you know i got ya back anytime...unless im playing wow...LOL Also glad it was only 56 bucks vs the 100.00 they qouted you. Someonr was just telling me that coil pack is damn near universal so if the box on top wasnt damaged you can use one off any engine....not sure but worth a check out. If so you can get one of those by this afternoon if you wanted damn free. Oh yea whats your housing agents phone number, i need to ask her a couple questions

Last edited by soceur77; Apr 9, 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:38 PM

monkey like your sig...buhhahahahaha
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

pure_evo:

Glad that I could be of some help, I would of came out also but i had already made plans to eat with the miss for lunch. If I read it correct you didnt pump 93 or 91? Did you pump 89?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
monkey like your sig...buhhahahahaha

I like yours too, but does pure_evo like it?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:12 PM

Yea the way he wrote it does seem like he didnt get 93 or 91, bu i think he told me he got 91 but its aafes 91 so its probably more like 89...lol

Last edited by soceur77; Apr 9, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:55 PM

The takeaway is not to practice power shifting on a lower octane gasoline from which you are tuned on. If you do, this is what you get.
[/IMG]
OK just like I yous to tell my PVT's when I was a Drill.....HIT YOUR FORWARD ASSIST!!
Meaning..You put your open right hand behind your head about 3 inches and then commence to hit the hell out of it...LOL Glad you are OK
Old Apr 9, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Levar, how many coil packs do you need??? I'll give you a hook up I got two I'll sell you for 40 for both and they are in good working order, or if you just need one you can get it for 20 bucks.

Last edited by 06RedRalli; Apr 9, 2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sabot
OK just like I yous to tell my PVT's when I was a Drill.....HIT YOUR FORWARD ASSIST!!
Meaning..You put your open right hand behind your head about 3 inches and then commence to hit the hell out of it...LOL Glad you are OK
ROFL!!

GOOD LOOKING OUT 06RedRalli!!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
Levar, how many coil packs do you need??? I'll give you a hook up I got two I'll sell you for 40 for both and they are in good working order, or if you just need one you can get it for 20 bucks.
That's great and I appreciate it greatly. I'm not sure if I need one or two so if you could bring them both by the house tomorrow I'll be able to determine what exactly I need. How did the tune go? What are you putting down? If Kevin didn't give you a .jpg send him an email and he'll send it to you.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

That's great and I appreciate it greatly. I'm not sure if I need one or two so if you could bring them both by the house tomorrow I'll be able to determine what exactly I need. How did the tune go? What are you putting down? If Kevin didn't give you a .jpg send him an email and he'll send it to you.
Nice avatar Levar!

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in