Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darwinism
What's up everyone, I'm joe, i'm not new to the area, but I'm new the to the forums, just wanna stop by and say what's up to all the fellow Evo guys. I work at Automax as Vw tech, I think I met a couple of you guys at that honda meet at long branch a while a go. Just curious, has anyone been up to little river and ran? I ran friday night, bone stock, best of 13.33 @ 103mph.

Welcome to the local thread. Glad one of you automax evo guys finally decided to post.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Welcome to the local thread. Glad one of you automax evo guys finally decided to post.
Thanks man, here's a time slip of my best run friday night....

Old Apr 12, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

13.3@103 is exceptional for a stock Evo X. My car traps 109 with mods (full weight SSS), but I don't power shift so I am not the best person to compare too.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Well guys my EVO is down again, SOB

Its seem that I might of ruined my throw out bearing,I was hitting it kind of hard for the last couple of days. When I pushed the clutch in the pedal fell straight to the floor. All the cables seem ok but Im not sure, the tranny area is not my specialty. I dont rememer who it was that had the tranny jack but I might need to borrow it..........
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
Oh and Monkey is a pretty cool dude. It was nice hanging out with you and your girl. At least I think I made a good friend with Monkey.
It was nice hanging out with you and your son also, the misses asked why all of my friends cant be like you and 2 other guys on here, you know who you are. Good friend made

I will join you for the auto x but I will be using the Terminator for the next couple of days.

Last edited by monkey_187; Apr 12, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:23 PM

Sharly's a good guy. .
Monkey Ill let you handle this one
Old Apr 12, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
I would but, I still think Judas is lurking around in the bushes........
Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:14 PM

I don't mean to bring up past issues, but I'm a little confused here. Can someone kinda fill me in? I joined this forum to be a part of the Evo community here in the Ktown area, and it's kinda scary hearing this stuff.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I would but, I still think Judas is lurking around in the bushes........
I think that he thinks that I sticky noted his car for some reason. Everybody that knows me knows that I got better things to do than that.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:46 PM

Regardless of what happened, I don't even know what happened I think this issue needs to be squashed......
Old Apr 12, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

It was nice hanging out with you and your son also, the misses asked why all of my friends cant be like you and 2 other guys on here, you know who you are. Good friend made

I will join you for the auto x but I will be using the Terminator for the next couple of days.
Hey atleast you have a back up car.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well guys my EVO is down again, SOB

Its seem that I might of ruined my throw out bearing,I was hitting it kind of hard for the last couple of days. When I pushed the clutch in the pedal fell straight to the floor. All the cables seem ok but Im not sure, the tranny area is not my specialty. I dont rememer who it was that had the tranny jack but I might need to borrow it..........
monkey check your clutch slave cylinder sounds like what happened when mine went out pedal would go to the floor and not return
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OK fellahs. I just got back from College Station and it was nice to chill out with family and friends before I leave. I only have a week to go and it's off to the desert for Round Three. Ding...Ding... I picked up 12 NGK spark plugs this morning brand new for $18. Don't worry Bryan and Lausan they are the ones for the EVO. I also grabbed a 3" Buschur Racing bullet muffler to liven things up a bit. If anyone needs a quieter muffler, I have a 3" APS muffler now available. An interesting thing today when I made it to B/CS. My little brother called me and asked me if I brought the "Mamba". I told him no as I was relaxing in Big Blue (Endeavor) today. I knew something was up and I so after a short conversation he spilled the beans about him setting up this "engagement" with a Dodge Challenger that's apparently putting down ~ 515whp. This is all coming from the driver's mouth third person. OK. So I'm driving around B/CS, and I see this Challenger. The first thing I see are these chromed out wheels and the closer I get, I don't hear one of those flow master exhausts that are customary. I wanted to stop and to the 'ole "drool" about how fast the car looks routine to see what it's all about. Long story short is that there will be another V8 to fall victim to the venom of the Mamba after block leave. Stay tuned...

Lausan, I have a couple of phone calls to make in the morning and I will fill you in on the "secret sauce" mix afterward.

Originally Posted by wariosport
Thanks for checking in. As your parole officer I expect to be informed at all times.
I've checked back in just like a good Soldier.

What's up everyone, I'm joe, i'm not new to the area, but I'm new the to the forums, just wanna stop by and say what's up to all the fellow Evo guys. I work at Automax as Vw tech, I think I met a couple of you guys at that honda meet at long branch a while a go. Just curious, has anyone been up to little river and ran? I ran friday night, bone stock, best of 13.33 @ 103mph.
whats up joe welcome first off automax is a taboo word here lol anyway yea theres a few us they go up to the track. Alot of us that do go are preparing to deploy but there will still be a few that run as well as go and spectate. Come out to target sometimes and let us greet ya Just dont bring shirley along with ya.....buhhahahahaha
Welcome to the family. I saw that time of yours and that's pretty dang good for a stock X. I'm a terrible driver that loves to practice power shifting on 87-octane with loose spark plugs up I-35, so my best thus far has been a 13.4 and I can't remember the trap speed. Oh well, I know I need more seat time after I get back home from the desert.

Well guys my EVO is down again, SOB Its seem that I might of ruined my throw out bearing,I was hitting it kind of hard for the last couple of days. When I pushed the clutch in the pedal fell straight to the floor. All the cables seem ok but Im not sure, the tranny area is not my specialty. I dont rememer who it was that had the tranny jack but I might need to borrow it..........
Hopefully, it's exactly what Bryan suggested. I don't know anyone around here that specializes in EVO clutches as the NTEC mad scientist did my install. I hope it's not anything else because I was just thinking about upgrading to a certain twin-disc clutch but I might have to reconsider after your issue is resolved. If you need to take your car to Arlington to have Kevin look at it, you can rent a flat bed and use my truck (Big Blue) to do so. Just let me know the day before if you need to borrow it.

Friends of the good and positive kind are always rare to come across. It's one thing to share a common bond (i.e. - fast EVOs) but it's another when true friendship is experienced.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yougod10
I think that he thinks that I sticky noted his car for some reason. Everybody that knows me knows that I got better things to do than that.
It has nothing to do with that, come on Im going to get mad over a note. Im more mad that my interior was so dirty and I loved t when I turned my a/c on and all the dust and dirt shot out from my vents. That was great!

Regardless of what happened, I don't even know what happened I think this issue needs to be squashed......
Thats why I am leaving the situation alone and not talking about it. Those who really know me know that I dont have time to trash talk and stay mad. I have better things to do and worry about, Im not in high school anymore, even though I have been called a kid.

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
monkey check your clutch slave cylinder sounds like what happened when mine went out pedal would go to the floor and not return
Would you mid coming over and giving me a hand, like I said before I have no idea what Im doing when it comes to the tranny area. PM sent.

Last edited by monkey_187; Apr 13, 2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Hopefully, it's exactly what Bryan suggested. I don't know anyone around here that specializes in EVO clutches as the NTEC mad scientist did my install. I hope it's not anything else because I was just thinking about upgrading to a certain twin-disc clutch but I might have to reconsider after your issue is resolved. If you need to take your car to Arlington to have Kevin look at it, you can rent a flat bed and use my truck (Big Blue) to do so. Just let me know the day before if you need to borrow it.

Friends of the good and positive kind are always rare to come across. It's one thing to share a common bond (i.e. - fast EVOs) but it's another when true friendship is experienced.
Thanks Levar! I too hope that it s a simple fix many people run the Exedy twin and have no problems. Once you get on it (your car) something is going to go wrong. My thing is I DD my car and drive it till I master my car and and the best at driving it. I have been a V8 guy growing up, the EVO is a car I always wanted. Cars will break parts will break, that gives me a reason for more upgrades......

You couldnt be more right, its been a very long time since I have had friends like the ones Ive made these last couple of months. Ive never met a group of guys that will go out of their way to help each other, not even knowing each other that much.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in