Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabot
Pure Evo since you became my personal analyst Chief...How about you look on this three turbos..
Garret 4094r
Garret 4088r
Garret 3582r

And yes they are the options of the ETS turbo kits for the X and whats the difference of the Garret 3582r and HTA 3582r. Thanks Chief.
I can tell you off hand that the GT 40-series turbos are monsters and larger than the 35-series turbos. To give you an example, Buschur runs the GT42r on his 8-second EVO. For your goals, I wouldn't even entertain these turbos at all but again at the end of the day it's your money. How much are they selling for? I'll bet somewhere around the $4K mark without even looking at their site. As far as the difference between the HTA 3582r and GT 3582 is concerned, the HTA would cost more due to the HTA "treatment" it has compliments of our friends at Forced Performance. Basically the HTA35r comes with a 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet anti-surge ported compressor housing. The benefits of the "treatment" however is about a 300-400 earlier spool potential. The question is do you spend the money or can you wait about a second for the GT3582r to kick in? If you are thinking about the HTA35r, I would go with the 0.63 turbine housing set at low boost (25-29PSI or so) to minimize the lag and the next level would be to add meth and run it at 25PSI for normal driving with the ability to run it at 30PSI in "kill mode". Did you check out those average whp/wtq comparisons I posted? I hope I answered your questions. Boost on!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
I can tell you off hand that the GT 40-series turbos are monsters and larger than the 35-series turbos. To give you an example, Buschur runs the GT42r on his 8-second EVO. For your goals, I wouldn't even entertain these turbos at all but again at the end of the day it's your money. How much are they selling for? I'll bet somewhere around the $4K mark without even looking at their site. As far as the difference between the HTA 3582r and GT 3582 is concerned, the HTA would cost more due to the HTA "treatment" it has compliments of our friends at Forced Performance. Basically the HTA35r comes with a 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet anti-surge ported compressor housing. The benefits of the "treatment" however is about a 300-400 earlier spool potential. The question is do you spend the money or can you wait about a second for the GT3582r to kick in? If you are thinking about the HTA35r, I would go with the 0.63 turbine housing set at low boost (25-29PSI or so) to minimize the lag and the next level would be to add meth and run it at 25PSI for normal driving with the ability to run it at 30PSI in "kill mode". Did you check out those average whp/wtq comparisons I posted? I hope I answered your questions. Boost on!
Thanks alot of good info. Right now I'm still sticking with my FP Red and meth kit but I was thinking same hp/tq goals but with out the meth kit thats my only reason behind my thinking now but you right $$$$ have alot to do with it too.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks alot of good info. Right now I'm still sticking with my FP Red and meth kit but I was thinking same hp/tq goals but with out the meth kit thats my only reason behind my thinking now but you right $$$$ have alot to do with it too.
I'm over Fred's house and I see where your mind is at. The closest that you could achieve that goal of yours without the meth kit and sticking strictly to pump gas without an enormous amount of lag would be running the GT3076r with the 0.63 turbine housing at about 30-32PSI.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Sabot - This is Fred. The GT40 series are a little more then you likely want, I would only go that route if you are ready to build everything (motor, drivetrain,etc). Otherwise, you should go the 3582 route.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Sabot - This is Fred. The GT40 series are a little more then you likely want, I would only go that route if you are ready to build everything (motor, drivetrain,etc). Otherwise, you should go the 3582 route.
I hear you Fred...
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

I hear you Fred...
Pedro, not to make anything more complicated...

If you take a look at the average whp and wtq of the three turbos in question that I posted above, it will give you a fairly good idea of where these turbos rack and stack against each other.

At the end of the day, the GT3076r with either the 0.63 or 0.82 turbine housing would be ideal for your goals on pump gas followed closely by the HTA35r with the 0.63 turbine housing.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xfactor evo

my poor neglected dirty evo...
i need a little more time with her.
i have met a few of you around here or just gave a thumbs up as i was driving by.
i will be getting out mid september but my name is david if you see me around.
Welcome to Ft Hood!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
LOL,

Okay, so today I stopped by Auto*** to pick up a few parts and I decided to park behind the dealership, over near Best Buy. What do I notice but a brand new Evo X (Octane Blue), then I see another OC X, parked near a GG X, as I walk around back I see a RR X sitting at the dealership, looked like it was getting ready for repairs.

So here's my question, was there a get together? You can't all work at Shoe Carnival.JK. It was cool to see so many Evo X's around.

Maybe I'll upgrade my RR RA next year and go full on Evo!
Yeah we meet everyday for work lol. The new one is mine, the other octane X is ***rlys, and the GG is Javier, we all work at Auto***.....
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know what it is with me and second cylinders but I've encountered the same exact thing as before. This time, Wendy and I were just leaving the drive way.

Bryan, do you have that other coil pack that you can sell to me?

I'm in the process of putting in some NGK BPR8ES spark plugs as we speak and the 1st, 3rd, and 4th cylinders are squared away (gapped at 0.026). Bottom line, does anyone know why or what would cause a spark plug from not seeding properly?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:16 PM

parking buddies, door ding friendly......

Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:17 PM

I don't know what it is with me and second cylinders but I've encountered the same exact thing as before. This time, Wendy and I were just leaving the drive way.

Bryan, do you have that other coil pack that you can sell to me?

I'm in the process of putting in some NGK BPR8ES spark plugs as we speak and the 1st, 3rd, and 4th cylinders are squared away (gapped at 0.026). Bottom line, does anyone know why or what would cause a spark plug from not seeding properly?
What exactly do you mean by seeding properly?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darwinism
What exactly do you mean by seeding properly?
Meaning, I keep on turning and turning and turning and the spark plug does not "seed" take root within the cylinder.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Oh, hell no! All I got was some tracking cookies yesterday.
With Mybrute infection...
I did some research, it seems the only way you get this warning is if you are running both IE and Norton. No one else is experiencing this issue and many think its a false positive. I got this information of the norton boards.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:24 PM

Meaning, I keep on turning and turning and turning and the spark plug does not "seed" take root within the cylinder.
I see, being an aluminum head, the threads might be bad or debris maybe stuck in the threads in the spark plug hole, I have a borescope that we can use to see the threads, and a tap and die set, if we need to clean them up a bit.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darwinism
I see, being an aluminum head, the threads might be bad or debris maybe stuck in the threads in the spark plug hole, I have a borescope that we can use to see the threads, and a tap and die set, if we need to clean them up a bit.
I'm looking for my flash light to see if I can see anything in there. I'm leaving for Iraq on Monday so I'm trying to knock this out as soon as I can. This is my second coil pack in less than a week that I've destroyed.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in