Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by h311rasor
wow low 12s.. nice.... when you headed back out there i wanna see that.... by next week ill have the cat back on and be striving for MORE!!!!!
Dude I wish I could go back out, but I leave Tuesday for Iraq. My car is in storage now I went to the track around March 21st I think. I didn't do as good as I was supposed to, I only ran twice and made a 12.7 and 12.9. It really sucked that night especially since they closed the track early due to light problems. I was driving an all black Evo. Thanks to a friend my car is all black, including brakes, rims, and engine. But now my car is in hibernation again. I'm swapping engines and turbo for my next mod. I can't wait!
Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

wow low 12s.. nice.... when you headed back out there i wanna see that.... by next week ill have the cat back on and be striving for MORE!!!!!
Why are you putting the cat back on anyways if I may ask? Or wait do you mean a cat back exhaust?
Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:38 PM

cat back exhaust because the stock is toooooo silent ... and i do expect a little gain from it ....
Old Apr 26, 2009, 02:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm understanding all that's going on back home but it appears that there is some type of EVO drama existing once again within the family.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
SOMEONE WITH A RED CAR DOOR BANGED MY CAR YESTERDAY AT KMART AND LEFT SO VERY
Originally Posted by wariosport
Someone scratched my car the day after I took it out of the shop.
Originally Posted by monkey_187
Someone keyed my car the same night I baught it, I came out the next morning to take her for a spin and I almost had a heart attack.
Great. Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Oh well as the "mamba" is sleeping right now.

Break...

Lausan, what's up with all of this "date" stuff? Since you're leaving soon, I'll hit you up when I get to the "spot" in about two weeks.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 03:10 AM

Well its 5 am and i just got home, Monkey and I were easily installing my cams when for some reason the slack on the timing belt went tight and we cant get it back on....we spent hours litterly trying to get it on with no luck. Hopefully we figure we have to remove a motor mount to get some slack back, guess we will see.

Levar glad everything is going good. DIdnt understand about the date thing however?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 09:42 AM

i did a 12.3 @ 112 at academy...
i need a different boost controller.... and a bigger turbo.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
Well its 5 am and i just got home, Monkey and I were easily installing my cams when for some reason the slack on the timing belt went tight and we cant get it back on....we spent hours litterly trying to get it on with no luck. Hopefully we figure we have to remove a motor mount to get some slack back, guess we will see.

Levar glad everything is going good. DIdnt understand about the date thing however?
Cams, huh? Are you going with that "hybrid" set up we talked about or just the straight HKS route? Sorry to hear about you having issues with the cams as I'm sure you would love to get up on it before you leave just to keep you smiling until you get back. I know we're going to have a lot of time to talk but are your plans still as they were before I left? Nevermind about the date comment as I probably did my M.I. thing and read too much into it. It's all good and I'll see you when I get to Taji around 6-8MAY.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there

SOMEONE WITH A RED CAR DOOR BANGED MY CAR YESTERDAY AT KMART AND LEFT SO VERY

PICS BELOW!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...90423-1740.jpg
for good news sakes, i buffed out most of the paint and scratch on my car. all that left is a little red chip where the corner panel and rear bumper meat! still needs a paint job!! any suggestions other than M@@co?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xfactor evo
i did a 12.3 @ 112 at academy...
i need a different boost controller.... and a bigger turbo.
That's a good time. Are you on stock turbo?
Old Apr 26, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

for good news sakes, i buffed out most of the paint and scratch on my car. all that left is a little red chip where the corner panel and rear bumper meat! still needs a paint job!! any suggestions other than M@@co?
I'm a fan of Maaco. I have a buddy named Jarvis (tall brother with curly hair) that works there that will square you away. Their customer service is pretty nice as well.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
That's a good time. Are you on stock turbo?
the fp white... still based off stock evo 8 turbo so i am thinking an upgrade to the green or red and some new injectors would make a huge difference.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pure_evo
I'm a fan of Maaco. I have a buddy named Jarvis (tall brother with curly hair) that works there that will square you away. Their customer service is pretty nice as well.
will so check into it. thanks for far away
Old Apr 26, 2009, 03:55 PM

well if they did i would have gotten mid 13's. haahahaaa.... dont believe the hype.. they also sell them as 300 HP.. but truthfully they are about 229-240 HP....
Joe did run a 13.33 on his stock X a few weeks ago so I know that's possible. He has his timeslip linked here somewhere.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

will so check into it. thanks for far away
It's all good brother. I'm just taking advantage of the fact that the site is still available. Hopefully it remains as such.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in