Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
pure_evo:

I see that you keep changing you rmid on what turbo to get. Your sig seems to change every other day, its was the same way for me when I was picking a turbo. Got great reviews and quick respons from the man Buschur himself. That is why I went with the setup I have now.
Brother, I'm telling you that I'm banging my head over here trying to make the best decision. My daddy strings are kicking in and I'm not feeling too comfortable paying over $3K for a turbo kit. I have a few irons in the fire and I'll see how they come out. For the $3K I'm looking at having to spend, if I went the BBK Full route, I could get the FMIC, UICP, LICP, and injectors all at the same time not to mention have some coin left over for the Aquamist kit. Now FP has just come out with Version 2 of the Red so now I have to look at that one too. Great. More headaches...!
Old May 1, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do you mean FP has come out with 2 versions of the RED??
Old May 1, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Ah fp#ck not another turbo choice!
Old May 1, 2009, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wick3d3vo9
What do you mean FP has come out with 2 versions of the RED??
Directly off the Forced Performance website: NEW to the FP RED™ for the Evolution IX Line up is our own custom 80mm Flow Advancement Port™ compressor cover. You can now choose the new FP 80mm Flow Advancement Port™cover or stick with the standard 63mm Stock Appearing compressor cover. The larger inlet configuration helps reduce huffing and surging sounds that are often reported with these larger stock format hybrids when lugging the engine at low RPM and high boost pressure but perhaps even more useful is the way it helps feed the splitter blades of the compressor wheel resulting in increased flow. This larger inlet also increases the volume of the intake air pipe and reduces vacuum at the inlet of the turbo. Additionally the volute of the cover is now exactly tailored to the HTA wheel aero for the best performance possible. The 80mm inlet Flow Advancement Port™ version can be used with our Intake Air Pipe. The intake is undercover black and designed to replace the stock intake air pipe perfectly allowing the use of the recirculated BOV and the valve cover crankcase vent as in the OEM application. The 80mm Flow Advancement Port™ cover can also be used with standard 3" air intake pipes by utilizing a straight 3" coupler.
Old May 1, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Ah fp#ck not another turbo choice!
Yeah. I'm pretty sad, huh? I don't know what to do.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Well I'm pretty sad as I just got my red installed about 4 weeks ago.
Old May 1, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wick3d3vo9
Well I'm pretty sad as I just got my red installed about 4 weeks ago.
Ha! Now that's funny.
Old May 1, 2009, 08:11 PM

Sup guys, Im here at Dover AFB waiting on the next C5 outta here. We got here about 8am and checked into the best western...no weapon detail for me as i have a enough snacks...lol Hopefully we leave around 1200 -0100 if not we will be staying another night. I saw 4 evos here on post since I been here, one though I had to to gag, he had the biggest wing Ive ever seen on a car, he had 1 set of rims on one side and another set on the other, he had red tint on the back windows and normal up front and last but not least he had neons.....I was so ashamed, and i couldnt get my camera out fast enough......May that poor evo be put to rest as soon as possible. Well ill holla at you guys later.
Old May 1, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Dover, huh? Well it's about time you left. Enjoy your time what you have left. Tell the ladies that I said hello as they may be our only source of morale improvement for a while.
Old May 1, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah and I can't wait for my battle buddy to get here. See you soon...
Old May 1, 2009, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by soceur77
Sup guys, Im here at Dover AFB waiting on the next C5 outta here. We got here about 8am and checked into the best western...no weapon detail for me as i have a enough snacks...lol Hopefully we leave around 1200 -0100 if not we will be staying another night. I saw 4 evos here on post since I been here, one though I had to to gag, he had the biggest wing Ive ever seen on a car, he had 1 set of rims on one side and another set on the other, he had red tint on the back windows and normal up front and last but not least he had neons.....I was so ashamed, and i couldnt get my camera out fast enough......May that poor evo be put to rest as soon as possible. Well ill holla at you guys later.
Sup man....hope you have a good trip. Some people just have a weird taste
Old May 2, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Which unit are you in?
I'm in 4-227, but I think that pilot is going to be okay. He fell off the helicopter and they said they were going to send him out of here but I guess he's okay now.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
I'm in 4-227, but I think that pilot is going to be okay. He fell off the helicopter and they said they were going to send him out of here but I guess he's okay now.
I'm in the BDE S2. Just ask for Chief...!
Old May 2, 2009, 10:01 PM

Sup guys well im in Rota Spain. Not a bad place to be, even better if you can speak Spanish Had a 24 hour layover and now at the airport waiting to head out. All is well, just tierd and ready to hit my final destination. Levar your company will be greatly appreciated as the company im in currently is full of immature, wanting to smoke every 10 mins crybabies....lol

Monkey no worries bro again im sure if youre not joking with me its nothing crazy or major. Ill holla at you boys soon.
Old May 3, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
Sup guys well im in Rota Spain. Not a bad place to be, even better if you can speak Spanish Had a 24 hour layover and now at the airport waiting to head out. All is well, just tierd and ready to hit my final destination. Levar your company will be greatly appreciated as the company im in currently is full of immature, wanting to smoke every 10 mins crybabies....lol

Monkey no worries bro again im sure if youre not joking with me its nothing crazy or major. Ill holla at you boys soon.
It's all good brother and I'll still be in Buehring when you get to Taji (received a FRAGO today). We should start pushing there around mid-month (OPSEC sensitive). Did you by chance pick up a postcard from Spain? I'd love to see how that place looks. My brother is leaving for a cruise there next month as he is stationed at EUCOM (lucky guy, I guess). I feel you about the cry babies but the S6 papa bear will meet you guys on the ground. You know things change when he's around. He's been on the grind since we got here and your guys are all doing great things. A certain female SGT you have mentioned wanting to put in here WO packet. By the way, I found a guy selling "x" turbo for an awesome price. I'm trying to work on a plan with him right now as I don't need the kit laying around my garage with Wendy about to move next month. More to follow...

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in