Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soceur77
Monkey no worries bro again im sure if youre not joking with me its nothing crazy or major.
I wish I was joking to make you feel better but I am not joking.
Old May 3, 2009, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
--- rfi ---

Originally Posted by soceur77
Levar your company will be greatly appreciated as the company im in currently is full of immature, wanting to smoke every 10 mins crybabies....lol
Lausan, I just found out that you and I are going to be battle buddies when we get to the "spot". Check your PM for an RFI...
Old May 3, 2009, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Lausan, I just found out that you and I are going to be battle buddies when we get to the "spot". Check your PM for an RFI...
It's hard not to walk into cry babies over here! People whining about everything..."what time is chow!" "When can I get to smoke?" "why do we have to do pt?" They have no idea how good they have it now. When I came through Kuwait there was none of this. And when I was in Iraq the first time we didn't even live on the FOB. But I guess we're going to run into cry babies all our life. All we can do is every once in a while tell them to STFU!
Old May 3, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by eldiablo79
It's hard not to walk into cry babies over here! People whining about everything..."what time is chow!" "When can I get to smoke?" "why do we have to do pt?" They have no idea how good they have it now. When I came through Kuwait there was none of this. And when I was in Iraq the first time we didn't even live on the FOB. But I guess we're going to run into cry babies all our life. All we can do is every once in a while tell them to STFU!
You also forgot about the "why can't I wear PTs in the chow hall" or "why do I have to dummy cord my weapon" or "why do I have to have a room mate" or "when can I go to the MWR" or "why is there no more hot water". The list just goes on and on as the Army is so much different than when I came joined in 1996. Oh well, I guess it's time to retire and get off of babysitting duties.
Old May 4, 2009, 05:26 AM

lol... you guys are funny. thats part of reason why i am leaving the army... time to go to a profession that employs professionals... like the dps troopers... then i can run you guys down in your evos and impound your cars and buy it cheap at the auction. LOL
Old May 4, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I'm done with the military after this. It's been nothing but a disappointment coming back in. I tried to adapt but nothing worked, so I'm done after this deployment. It's time to do something else for a living that doesn't require so much BS.
Old May 4, 2009, 03:44 PM

you get BS where ever you go... so dont get disillusioned dude. but yeah i will enjoy giving evowners a ration of ****
Old May 4, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

As an officer, I just do whatever the f#$k I want. I used to hate all that crap when I was enlisted! Now Levar, I just don't understand why you would need to dummy cord your weapon. The hot water thing just sucks too. I always showered around lunch so I wouldn't have to deal with that problem. Once you get settled in, just think of all care packages of crap you'll get from people you never heard of!
Old May 4, 2009, 11:35 PM

Hey guys, I arrived in Taji last night via a smooth ride courtesy of catfish air. The heat isnt bad yet as I havent broken a sweat yet other then when I was carrying all my bags off the helo in full gear...lol They have us in a decent place for now until I get my own hooch. At least the showers are in the same building, (which i slipped and busted my *** in last night) damn 99 cent aafes flip flops for the loss. I never seen so many ppl so happy to see a 1st Cav patch. I guess they realize they are really about to go home....damn bastatrds, im jealous already...lol Well on second thought I need some evo cash To you guys getting out, talk to some of the guys that have done just that before you do. I have heard plaenty of horror stories of guys getting out because of the BS here and there and ran right into some of the same BS at there current employment, and thats once they could even get a job. EVOGR8 i hear ya on being on the officer side. I think thats the only way I would survive this tour. Im a panzy when it came to doing thigs on the enlisted side Its just a different Army.... Well holla at you guys later! Oh and xfactor if I was to realize it was you that pulled me over, I would just chuck the deauces and speed off...lol Ill save this page for a record of intent to discrimenate against evo owners for use in court later in the future
Old May 4, 2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I wish I was joking to make you feel better but I am not joking.
Well thats sad to hear, but Im not worried bro. I sent ya a PM
Old May 5, 2009, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

ALL OF THIS IS MY OWN OPINION

Time for me to put my .2 cents in as far as staying in or getting out:

As for me f**k the BS that comes with the Amry, I have been in another branch of military service so yes I can say that. The Army lets soldiers that kiss a$$ get away with so much crap! I was never in a position where its always "do this, do that" and not a single person knows what going on. Too many chiefs not enough indians IMO.

As an officer or senior enlisted the BS or pay isnt worth it to mee, you will always have to answer to someone unless you ar at the top of the food chain.

I have a friend that went out to Iraq as a civilian contractor made over $180K take home. That was for one year, the first three months he spend just waiting for and opening. He was sitting in Iraq collecting money to go eat at the chow hall and use the internet for three months. I would say what compay he worked for but I need his permission to say.

I dnt know about everyone else but I would rather spend 5.5 years in Iraq and be a millionare then to spend 20 years in the Army putting up with BS.
Old May 5, 2009, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187

I dnt know about everyone else but I would rather spend 5.5 years in Iraq and be a millionare then to spend 20 years in the Army putting up with BS.
Contracting is very lucrative, but just a pain to get those jobs right now and they are cutting back on pay because they can due to the economy. Overall, after 20 years I'll get money for the rest of my life and I have a very good health care plan.

The Army experience is what you make of it. I have used the Army to get everything I ever wanted on there tab (masters degree, professional experience). For what I do, it is very hard to be put in these positions of responsibility at such an early age. That will give me a huge advantage when I get out. After I graduted with my BA I worked in the civilian work force for a few years making decent money, but not able to get promoted because you had to really kiss a$$ for it. In my experience, the Army always gave me a fairly clear path to work with. The same goes for my Soldiers. We know how many points they need and if they deserve to be promoted. We get them to the board, WLC, corro courses, civilian ed, troop schools, etc so we can advance their careers. If they don't like finance, we get them reclassed into something else.

It all comes down to taking charge of your career a supportive chain of command.

Monkey, I totally understand where you are coming from. I hated that when I was enlisted, but I didn't let that stop me from taking advantage of all the opportunities with in the Army.

Sorry to play devils advocate.
Old May 5, 2009, 06:23 AM

haha soceur... ur funny.
i hear yah monkey...
Old May 5, 2009, 06:26 AM

looks good love that color
Old May 5, 2009, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Contracting is very lucrative, but just a pain to get those jobs right now and they are cutting back on pay because they can due to the economy. Overall, after 20 years I'll get money for the rest of my life and I have a very good health care plan.

The Army experience is what you make of it. I have used the Army to get everything I ever wanted on there tab (masters degree, professional experience). For what I do, it is very hard to be put in these positions of responsibility at such an early age. That will give me a huge advantage when I get out. After I graduted with my BA I worked in the civilian work force for a few years making decent money, but not able to get promoted because you had to really kiss a$$ for it. In my experience, the Army always gave me a fairly clear path to work with. The same goes for my Soldiers. We know how many points they need and if they deserve to be promoted. We get them to the board, WLC, corro courses, civilian ed, troop schools, etc so we can advance their careers. If they don't like finance, we get them reclassed into something else.

It all comes down to taking charge of your career a supportive chain of command.

Monkey, I totally understand where you are coming from. I hated that when I was enlisted, but I didn't let that stop me from taking advantage of all the opportunities with in the Army.

Sorry to play devils advocate.
i have been held back several times and 2X i let the ****face know he was a douche bag and to shut his mouth and once i attacked the ****face.... they were all pos wannabe "leaders" i have been in 9+ years and finally in a place that is cool to work, but no more than 6 months here they gave my orders to 101 worst.... screw that and them.... the largest base and they cant kkeep me here? no thanks i will get out and work at taco bell before i stay in and deal with this **** anymore. they wont let me reclass to anything cause 11 series is critical???
anyhow... i like my job and will be looking for a replacement in cav soon... they take care of you good up here in cmd grp.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in