Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yougod10
Yeah, I just graduated.
Congrats!

I was there for an inlaws graduation and was happy to see a gorgeous blue GSR X right as I pulled in.
Old May 14, 2009, 05:08 AM

http://www.totallycrap.com/videos/in...z_in_my_mouth/
Old May 14, 2009, 05:10 AM

time for a vacation...

http://www.somalicruises.com/
Old May 16, 2009, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by soceur77
Damn it, Pure evo got me. I wake up 0200 in the morning and there is his mug standing there looking at me like, what you got on my forty homie.. well good to have another evo member here, hey eldiablo when you get here?
Just arrived to Taji! Blah, feels like I never even left.
Old May 16, 2009, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know exactly the feeling. It seems like there was a policy change that allows us to take R&R for about 18 months. The first morning after we got here was like a dream or something. The first PT run was filled with smoke, dust, and crud which is the standard around these parts of the woods. Taji, oh Taji. It does help that we (the unit) have a much better and closer group compared to last deployment.
Old May 16, 2009, 06:59 AM

Moral is in the black, Im sharing a room....... With Pure evo makes it some what better but damn.......not enough MWR to go around for this.
Old May 16, 2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
Just arrived to Taji! Blah, feels like I never even left.
Hey bro i heard when you came in.....Pure evo and i were actually less then a 2 min walk to where you landed but we were getting our *** biten up by some mosquitos to come and give you a welcome to taji hug....LOL Well i should be moving tonight, pod 36 im in 128 B right now by bde in the first room on the right. Did they give you rooms already if not hell youre probably down the hall from me...lol
Old May 16, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Moral is in the black, Im sharing a room....... With Pure evo makes it some what better but damn.......not enough MWR to go around for this.
Hey bro i heard when you came in.....Pure evo and i were actually less then a 2 min walk to where you landed but we were getting our *** biten up by some mosquitos to come and give you a welcome to taji hug....LOL Well i should be moving tonight, pod 36 im in 128 B right now by bde in the first room on the right. Did they give you rooms already if not hell youre probably down the hall from me...lol
Yeah. Having a room mate isn't the best way to spend a deployment but it certianly isn't the worst either. Why? During OIF III, 1st SBCT (the unit I was with) had the enormous mission of "setting up" (that's right) a FOB in Rawah, Iraq. Google it for those that don't know. When I say it was like Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome would be an understatement.
Old May 16, 2009, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LEVAR,

you won't believe it...man after i sold you those coils...guess what...i have one going bad...but guess I gotta find someone to get me one...maybe someone around the area has one...sucks but true...
Old May 16, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
LEVAR, you won't believe it...man after i sold you those coils...guess what...i have one going bad...but guess I gotta find someone to get me one...maybe someone around the area has one...sucks but true...
That is so funny Brian. It's all good as you squared me away and I'm sure that someone will square you away as well. You weren't driving around with 87-octane with an un-seeded second cylinder, were you? Have you gone to the track lately to see what you run since the tune?
Old May 16, 2009, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
na man havent been to the track yet...havent had time...but I plan on it as soon as I get this coil thing situated...
Old May 17, 2009, 01:46 AM
Evolving Member

I'm temporarily in 42 21c, not sure for how long though.
Old May 18, 2009, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
I'm temporarily in 42 21c, not sure for how long though.
Levar and I both are in pod 36 room 19A stop by when you have chance.
Aneesh (sp?) whats up bro! Didnt know you were going to be out here as well but glad you are and made it here safe. The more I have to keep pure evo from binge drinking these near beers the better
Old May 19, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

For those of you that are in Tajilandia I hope you are having much fun, when 1st Cav left and we took over it became a **** whole. Now that place is probly like it was when you were there the before us. Have fun on burrito night cause that night it is packed in the chow hall.

drugstore.com
apobox.com

These 2 web site will get you almost anything you need that they dont sell in the PX. Drugstore.com is like an online wally world but with way faster shipping. That is were I baught ALL my hygiene products. Apobox.com was what I used to get the things that web sites dont ship to APO/FPO address, i.e. foot spray. Best thing you can do is buy one of those plastic bins with the drawers. Buy dryer sheets from Drugstore.com and put them in the drawers with your clothes. This way your clothes will smell good and not like ****, something I learned on my first deployment.

More tips to come............
Old May 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

What you missed this past weekend...

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in