Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
Do Smart cars come turbo-charged in stock form?
No they dont come with a turbo, the picture I put up is a monster truck version of the smart car. It has a very big turbo, they do not come with a turbo though.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
No they dont come with a turbo, the picture I put up is a monster truck version of the smart car. It has a very big turbo, they do not come with a turbo though.
It's probably just a 16g, but it looks huge compared to the Smart car.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:22 AM

So what's going down this weekend? I'm coming back to town for a bit.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Frontskill
So what's going down this weekend? I'm coming back to town for a bit.
We/I hang out with the Subie guys on friday at the Advanced Auto by Elms and Stan S. We hang out for an hour or so then go get something to eat.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wariosport
We/I hang out with the Subie guys on friday at the Advanced Auto by Elms and Stan S. We hang out for an hour or so then go get something to eat.
That is a nice place to relax. Unfortunately, I do not live as close to there as I used too. Crap. Oh well, I'll be there once I get home. I still have some "Uncle Sam" stuff going on for a little while longer.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:54 PM

EVO X Front Differential? WTF!!!

Well I noticed a nice little puddle underneath my X one day, and I could tell it's transmission fluid, so I was thinking ok, I've heard this before, maybe input shaft seal on the transmission started to leak. I was wrong. Had it on the lift, and the the right side of the trans case where the differential would be, there was a tiny slit about an inch long where the fluid was leaking from. Well we pulled the trans, and I tore it down today, turns out one of the dowels that the spider gear rides on has walked out, and started cutting through the trans case. The dowel in the 2nd from the last pic is suppose to be flush with the carrier, instead you can see in the last pic where it started cutting a groove into the trans case. According the motors, this was the first of it's kind, they sent a REP down to look at it, and he's never heard of this in the X. It's all warranty, and we're ordering a new front differential and trans case. The funny thing is, my clutch is still great, the car shifts perfectly, and there was no noise coming from the transmission, all the gears look good, and the car is all stock. Just wanted to share this with you guys. BTW Monkey, that X looks killer in black.

Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darwinism
Well I noticed a nice little puddle underneath my X one day, and I could tell it's transmission fluid, so I was thinking ok, I've heard this before, maybe input shaft seal on the transmission started to leak. I was wrong. Had it on the lift, and the the right side of the trans case where the differential would be, there was a tiny slit about an inch long where the fluid was leaking from. Well we pulled the trans, and I tore it down today, turns out one of the dowels that the spider gear rides on has walked out, and started cutting through the trans case. The dowel in the 2nd from the last pic is suppose to be flush with the carrier, instead you can see in the last pic where it started cutting a groove into the trans case. According the motors, this was the first of it's kind, they sent a REP down to look at it, and he's never heard of this in the X. It's all warranty, and we're ordering a new front differential and trans case. The funny thing is, my clutch is still great, the car shifts perfectly, and there was no noise coming from the transmission, all the gears look good, and the car is all stock. Just wanted to share this with you guys. BTW Monkey, that X looks killer in black.
Dang, Joe. I can't view the pictures here in Iraq but it sounds like things could have really been worse, huh? I'm glad that it's all covered and you're taken care of. I hear that Autozone is the new spot, eh? It's all good even if we're kicking it with Subie guys. We can all go to the track and still rip things up. You're still holding that rain check for me to get that Buschur Race Muffler all welded on when I come home on leave in September, right?
Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:53 AM

Dang, Joe. I can't view the pictures here in Iraq but it sounds like things could have really been worse, huh? I'm glad that it's all covered and you're taken care of. I hear that Autozone is the new spot, eh? It's all good even if we're kicking it with Subie guys. We can all go to the track and still rip things up. You're still holding that rain check for me to get that Buschur Race Muffler all welded on when I come home on leave in September, right?
Yeah no doubt, I got the TIG all set up ready to go.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 06:27 AM

Hey everyone, I'm stationed at Fort Hood, but currently deployed out in Iraq. I come home next april-may, I will be buying an Evo than because I'll have bank especially since 10,000$ of my bonus hits in february . So i'm looking into buying cash for Evo VIII or IX and than buying....

Cosmetic upgrades::
5% tint all around

Engine Updgrades::

-RC 1000cc injectors
-Walbro 255HP fuel pump
-Megan 3" TBE
-Hallman PRO RX MBC
-Cosworth 272 Cams
-Prosport Oil/Boost + AEM Wideband
-AMS intercooler kit
-Blitz filter
-E85 and 91oct Tune
In the future::

Fpgreen turbo

So yea, its nice signing up with uncle sam, 4 years and getting a 40g bonus with it as well, and having no bills other than my current lancer payment, which will be paid off in december. So cash will be going into someones pockets in may.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Seifer
Hey everyone, I'm stationed at Fort Hood, but currently deployed out in Iraq. I come home next april-may, I will be buying an Evo than because I'll have bank especially since 10,000$ of my bonus hits in february . So i'm looking into buying cash for Evo VIII or IX and than buying....

So yea, its nice signing up with uncle sam, 4 years and getting a 40g bonus with it as well, and having no bills other than my current lancer payment, which will be paid off in december. So cash will be going into someones pockets in may.
Where were you at a couple of months ago when I sold my car, you would of had a BMF car with all the bells and whistles.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Where were you at a couple of months ago when I sold my car, you would of had a BMF car with all the bells and whistles.
Haha sorry about that dude, got out here in June, deployed late to my unit because I had neck biopsy done. Than before I came out here, was to busy with way to many girls. Lol. But the evo is on my mind now, and I will be paying cash for one in april-may.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Seifer

Cosmetic upgrades::
5% tint all around

Engine Updgrades::

-RC 1000cc injectors
-Walbro 255HP fuel pump
-Megan 3" TBE
-Hallman PRO RX MBC
-Cosworth 272 Cams
-Prosport Oil/Boost + AEM Wideband
-AMS intercooler kit
-Blitz filter
-E85 and 91oct Tune
In the future::

Fpgreen turbo

Welcome to the CENTEX EVO family. I, too, am scheduled to return home in the April/May timeframe from Iraq and additional "go fast" parts are on the list of goodies. Where are you at exactly? I see your proposed plans and I'd like to inform you that you can get 93-octane from good 'ole Texas. Are you looking at buying an EVO out right or putting forth a large downpayment? There are several EVO brothers in my unit and all we talk about is what we are going to do once we get home. I can say that things are going to be pretty exciting.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darwinism
Yeah no doubt, I got the TIG all set up ready to go.
Yippee!
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yippee!
Hey brother PM me your email and I will send you the pics I was supposed to send you.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:42 PM

Welcome to the CENTEX EVO family. I, too, am scheduled to return home in the April/May timeframe from Iraq and additional "go fast" parts are on the list of goodies. Where are you at exactly? I see your proposed plans and I'd like to inform you that you can get 93-octane from good 'ole Texas. Are you looking at buying an EVO out right or putting forth a large downpayment? There are several EVO brothers in my unit and all we talk about is what we are going to do once we get home. I can say that things are going to be pretty exciting.
I'm deployed over at Balad, Iraq. 49th Transportation Bn. I'm paying straight cash for my Evo, considering since my bonus will hit it February(10gs ) ill be looking around 30gs saved up from deployment. Since I'm single and have no bills other than my current lancer, but I will be paying that off in December

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in