Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Brake fluid: Motul RBF600, or Castrol SRF

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, given that I'm about due for a flush anyway, I'm going to take the plunge and get some of this magic elixer from Oil Doc. I'll be happy to make the order so we can save a little on shipping.

1) mrMTB - 3 bottles
2) Tim - 3 bottles
3) ???

Let me know in the next couple days and I'll order while Doc's having his sale.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tnt1106
get me 3 bottles I'll pay you, and see if i can mak it fail. Before any fan bois chime in, I will put money on me making it fail. Know what and how I drive before you make bold statements
And that and that is why I specificlly asked if you wanted to try it and review it :-)
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrMTB
Tim, when I first saw on a thread that someone was even considering SRF my first thought was "You certainly can't drive your vehicle in a manner that would justify even uttering the words." When I saw it was you posting the thread, I realized, "Well, hell, _he_ probably does drive his car in such a manner to justify it."

And thanks for digging up my old brake fluid thread, Denver; I really need to get off my keester and update it - as Oil Doc mentions, there are other things out there that really need to be added to my list.
No problem, Thanks for doing the work, and writing it up!
If this brake fluid works out, Ill have all my fluids but my T-case changed to amsoil. I have a case of oil and tranny fluid ready to go in when I finaly get my car back together.... but we put engine oil in my friends GLI and and he has really liked it... and I know you have been using the engine oil with lots of success.... so I have good feelings about the brake fluid... TNT will put it to the test Im sure, if it can survive on his car, then it will survive on ANY car
Old Dec 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrMTB
Well, given that I'm about due for a flush anyway, I'm going to take the plunge and get some of this magic elixer from Oil Doc. I'll be happy to make the order so we can save a little on shipping.

Not to start (yet another) flame war on the subject, but it's this exact sort of statement that makes me immediately feel like I'm being sold:
Old Dec 28, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

first off, i would tend to over all agree withyou goofy,

second you may or not see me round this forum much more, but you all have my email phone ect, guess all great tings come to an end. yes i have and will continue to have my evo.) i just do not condone greed or idiotic behaviour.

if this flui is made for the "other" brand name that rates it near or above these boiling points, its some of the best fluid out there. For sure you have seen what i did to the blue snake oil

peace and happy new year boys n girls!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Matthew-
Please order me 3 bottles of the highest temp point that they sell, I'll put it to the test! Once I get my car back on the road...
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
Not to start (yet another) flame war on the subject, but it's this exact sort of statement that makes me immediately feel like I'm being sold:
WOW! Does this stuff really work?! And only $.50 a bottle!!!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump last day for Oil Doc's sale.

MrMTB, I want an oil analysis kit if you place an order. The X is running way too rich and I want to know how bad my oil is.

I PMed him and he's all aboard us doing this.