Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I manage an Oilfield Company. We do well testing, data logging, and wireline services. I'm actually in town now I've been here since the 2nd of Jan. I'll give you a shout this week for sure!!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

i just realized that squirrel has huge nuts.... it reminds me of the one i saw at school sitting on a lightpost eating with his legs out in front of him hahaha.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
I just accepted an offer with Wally world, so i'm moving up to the Bentonville area, doesn't sound like many of you are in that area...or much of anything lol. I do have a white pickup to pull the car with.....so long as i don't show the evo i should be fine?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

I live just west of Bentonville in Centerton which is in NWA. There isn't much car stuff that goes on around here (or anything) but we try to make the best of it.

There are a few Evo's around. I have two, there is a voltex widebody'd 8 with a fully built motor and a HTA35r, three cars with red's and one has a 2.3 and another with a built 2.0, and a few others that are pretty much stock.

If you are into auto-x, they have then in Neosho which is about 30 minutes away, Springfield which is ~2 hours away, Tulsa which is ~2.5 hours away and Little Rock which is ~3 hours away. I will be going down to Little Rock at least once a month to Auto-X. I usually stay with a friend that has a GG X that lives in Maumelle.

Also there is Hallett which is ~3 hours away if you want to go to a road course, MMP which is ~5 hours away, and Topeka which is ~5 hours away. I'll be going to Hallett for a open track day March 14th.

If drag racing is your thing you can go to Mokan which is ~1.5 hours away, Centerville which is ~2 hours away (it's only 1000' but my favroite), Tulsa which is ~2.5 hours away, and MMP which is ~5 hours away.

The local forums are NWAimports.com (kind of ricey but I'm a mod there so I can't say to much about it), ARRides.com (I'd say the best one to join besides LRRS), ARimport.com, and littlerockracingscene.com (you have to be invited to join but its pretty easy). I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones I'm on.

If anyone wants to hang out or needs help working on their evo, let me know. I have all the tools and an air compressor at my house. There isn't much I can't do and haven't done to to an evo. Oh, and I work for free

Balrok,
Let me know when you get up here. I want to check out your car. I'm trying to decide on what suspension to buy.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
slvrr, we're thinking of taking a trip up to Hallet this summer for a COMMA event. Are you free on weekends to come out and play? You too mrcox (and your buddies)!
Old Feb 27, 2009, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
I just accepted an offer with Wally world, so i'm moving up to the Bentonville area, doesn't sound like many of you are in that area...or much of anything lol. I do have a white pickup to pull the car with.....so long as i don't show the evo i should be fine?

GREAT ROADS up there, Evo and sport bike country!!!!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
slvrr, we're thinking of taking a trip up to Hallet this summer for a COMMA event. Are you free on weekends to come out and play? You too mrcox (and your buddies)!
Sean I should be available. I have been pretty busy but its starting to get managable. Let me know when you come this way and if you need a place to stay I have 2 guest rooms
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrcox
I live just west of Bentonville in Centerton which is in NWA. There isn't much car stuff that goes on around here (or anything) but we try to make the best of it.

There are a few Evo's around. I have two, there is a voltex widebody'd 8 with a fully built motor and a HTA35r, three cars with red's and one has a 2.3 and another with a built 2.0, and a few others that are pretty much stock.

If you are into auto-x, they have then in Neosho which is about 30 minutes away, Springfield which is ~2 hours away, Tulsa which is ~2.5 hours away and Little Rock which is ~3 hours away. I will be going down to Little Rock at least once a month to Auto-X. I usually stay with a friend that has a GG X that lives in Maumelle.

Also there is Hallett which is ~3 hours away if you want to go to a road course, MMP which is ~5 hours away, and Topeka which is ~5 hours away. I'll be going to Hallett for a open track day March 14th.

If drag racing is your thing you can go to Mokan which is ~1.5 hours away, Centerville which is ~2 hours away (it's only 1000' but my favroite), Tulsa which is ~2.5 hours away, and MMP which is ~5 hours away.

The local forums are NWAimports.com (kind of ricey but I'm a mod there so I can't say to much about it), ARRides.com (I'd say the best one to join besides LRRS), ARimport.com, and littlerockracingscene.com (you have to be invited to join but its pretty easy). I'm sure there are more but those are the only ones I'm on.

If anyone wants to hang out or needs help working on their evo, let me know. I have all the tools and an air compressor at my house. There isn't much I can't do and haven't done to to an evo. Oh, and I work for free

Balrok,
Let me know when you get up here. I want to check out your car. I'm trying to decide on what suspension to buy.
Cool thanks. I have actually seen 2 Evos. A silver one with a short Lancer wing and a WW in Cabot. I WILL be installing a new Turbo kit on my car in the next month or so as well as a Aquamist kit.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I work in Bentonville and live in Springdale, and I'm familiar with several Evo owners locally as well --- in fact, I've probably have met some of the above posters but just don't know who goes with what user name. I'm one of the Evo's with a built 2.0 and a Red (just assembled), and I talk to a couple of the others guys regularly. If you need some local support, all you need is ask!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurugi-san
I work in Bentonville and live in Springdale, and I'm familiar with several Evo owners locally as well --- in fact, I've probably have met some of the above posters but just don't know who goes with what user name. I'm one of the Evo's with a built 2.0 and a Red (just assembled), and I talk to a couple of the others guys regularly. If you need some local support, all you need is ask!
What kinda power are you making with the Red?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing yet --- I haven't even gotten it over 3500 rpms! I'm doing the break-in miles, and I'm not even tuned for my new setup: BR 2.0 with Stage 3 head, Cossie M2 cams, Red, 780cc injectors, etc, etc. I've pretty much done everything to the engine except coil on plug, AEM EMS, and a full-on big turbo kit.

I'm getting it tuned next weekend in Memphis by Mellon (GREAT guy, btw) and only then will I be able to feel the power. We did 389 at the wheels on my Green with 93 octane, but now that 93's getting scarce, we're going to tune the Red on 91 and hope for the best. With the BR block and head, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to squeeze a bit more timing out to make up for most of the fuel difference.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing yet --- I haven't even gotten it over 3500 rpms! I'm doing the break-in miles, and I'm not even tuned for my new setup: BR 2.0 with Stage 3 head, Cossie M2 cams, Red, 780cc injectors, etc, etc. I've pretty much done everything to the engine except coil on plug, AEM EMS, and a full-on big turbo kit.

I'm getting it tuned next weekend in Memphis by Mellon (GREAT guy, btw) and only then will I be able to feel the power. We did 389 at the wheels on my Green with 93 octane, but now that 93's getting scarce, we're going to tune the Red on 91 and hope for the best. With the BR block and head, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to squeeze a bit more timing out to make up for most of the fuel difference.
Sounds awesome!! Yeah I talked to Chris (Mellon) about tuning my car. He just doesn't want to tune the car with meth. I will be running meth for sure I just bought a aquamist set up. I will most likely take it to TTP-Engineering in Florida. They have been doing ridiculous things with meth cars.. I'm still deciding what I want Red,35R, or 6262. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with a twin scroll 35r or 6262. I want 600+ eventually I'm debating on tearing the car apart now, so I can't drive it forcing me to pull the trigger Keep me posted on the next meet and I'll come out.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

780cc injectors on the red? shouldnt u be running like 1000cc's?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys. I just bought a graphite gray X last night. I had a gray civic si that was supercharged so i am getting used to this whole turbo thing. I already have an access port on the way. Im jarred and am on the air force base.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin

Hallett is fun, I take my bike there when I get time... Connie is super nice.

Quick Reply: Arkansas