Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Spent last night in jail.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spent last night in jail.

Started a friends 240 yesterday about 4pm car hadnt been driven in years....got everything running good and well....I did 2 donuts with NO one around..... My friends neighbors called the cops and wanted to press charges and I got arrested for wreckless driving (cop said I could have lost controll and hurt someone.....) and spent about 12 hours in jail even tho my friend posted bail 2 hours after I was there...... . Gotta love county cops....On my way to the jail house the cop drove about 90-100 switched lanes with no signal, talked on his cell phone, tailgated everything he could, and ran 2 or 3 lights.....Almost wish HPD would have arrested me instead, at least thier holding cells arent 40 deg.
How was everyone elses night?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:30 AM

Damn that sucks. If I was there I would have told you that 240's weren't meant for donuts. Kinda messed up that the cop drove like that while taking you to jail.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Charges will be reduced to an infraction, and pay the Court Fee.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:37 AM

So do you have to go to court, did you get a ticket, or did he let off with a warning after spending 12 hours in jail. That suck, all the sheriffs around here are cool so they just yell at people when they do stupid stuff, then proceed to tell us a car story from their youth.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 1evo2h8
On my way to the jail house the cop drove about 90-100 switched lanes with no signal, talked on his cell phone, tailgated everything he could, and ran 2 or 3 lights.
You could file a complaint. It wont get you off the hook but it'll mess up the cops day, thus making you feel a little better.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 1evo2h8
Started a friends 240 yesterday about 4pm car hadnt been driven in years....got everything running good and well....I did 2 donuts with NO one around..... My friends neighbors called the cops and wanted to press charges and I got arrested for wreckless driving (cop said I could have lost controll and hurt someone.....) and spent about 12 hours in jail even tho my friend posted bail 2 hours after I was there...... . Gotta love county cops....On my way to the jail house the cop drove about 90-100 switched lanes with no signal, talked on his cell phone, tailgated everything he could, and ran 2 or 3 lights.....Almost wish HPD would have arrested me instead, at least thier holding cells arent 40 deg.
How was everyone elses night?
did your shirt find out about it?

thats crappy makes you wish you had a camera in the car to record his driving, so you can use that against the cop
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

i am not surprised by what you describe... i see them violate the laws they are suppose to enforce....i personally think all cops and highway patrol are hypocrites *flame suite on for those who are cops/hp :P*...i got my first speeding ticket in over 10 years of driving from a highway patrolman saying he has had 6 of his own speeding tickets... just bugs the hell out of me!! and it bugs me he didnt give me a warning for having a clear record...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Three things:

1. You can get out of that no problem
2. Find out the neighbor that called and make his life a living hell.
3. and again make that neighbors life a living hell.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep the LEO bashing down guys.

The bigger issue you have OP is that your buddy's neighbor is a huge douche. You need to figure out what prompted them to a) call the cops and b) press charges.

Good neighbors are worth their weight in gold.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Oh and one more thing....................Never admit anything to a police officer!!!!!! You got your self guilty by your own admission to the officer. With out your admission the cop had nothing on you.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

ofcourse i dont know exactly where you did the donuts but if you did it on a street or apartment parking lot i would have called the cops on you too
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

So the cops arrested you on hearsay? Thats bull, should have denied it to your bones. Their words against yours.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

part of the usefulness of the police is that they can ignore traffic laws. Its only natural that they get used to it, and do it when its not needed.
Still I wont ever trust them.

So exactly where were you doing doing circles? Empty parking lot? or middle of the street in a development?

If it was near my house i would have called the cops. Even if you dont kill anyone ... you could make a big mess, that and it would annoy me. On second thought, I would have gone out and asked you to chill out.

4pm?? At least do it when folks aren't home to watch you

Jail time does sound excessive, but depending on where it was, maybe the officer made a good judgement call.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evremonde
On second thought, I would have gone out and asked you to chill out.

See... we don't call the cops on our neighbors (and they don't on us). We just, you know, go over there with a spare beer and tell them to turn it down a bit or to stop doing the stupid thing they are doing.

Works better for EVERYONE. But then again, we're not in an apartment and we don't do donuts in the street.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

lol.... first sorry that ur night sucked....second , wtf were u thinking donuts dude c'mon, ur only suppose to do those on car meets and then take the back roads the ***** outta there, not were u stay at, making u a easy target....third(flame suit for 5-0) ***** da p0lIC3....they'all haters...and like scottatyamaha said make old boi, neighbors life a living hell for being a phucking snitch... bumbla klot...son!!!!!

Quick Reply: Spent last night in jail.