Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Mississippi Gulf Coast

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2003, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mississippi Gulf Coast

Alright, I will be back in Gulfport around October 5th. If you guys remember how it was last time, my cell phone is junky as hell down there. I need to get a new service, which will be taken care of as soon as I get moved in. I've got some really good ideas for some mods for both the Lancer and the Evo since I have been in KY and over in VA for the last month or so. SO where are we all going to meet up? Let's plan this in advance so that it won't be a confusion like it was last time (my fault on that one, though).

Josh
Old Sep 17, 2003, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

i'm down, LMK... you will have to come to cruisin the coast (oct 8-12 i think)
Old Sep 17, 2003, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

hey, hit me right now on yahoo messenger. I am in the chat room "Import Chat 1" but you can PM me as boost_in_the_machine and we will talk there.

Josh
Old Sep 29, 2003, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Ok. The Evo goes in to the shop on Wednesday to get the ECU recall thing done. It will get the diffs, transmission, and transfer case drained and refilled as well. I have right at 6,000 miles on it now and Virginia was crappy with some stupid flooding and even stupid-er drivers.

I will be driving down to Gulfport on Thursday.

I have to take the car to the Mitsubishi dealership in Mobile, AL soon after for the Pit Pass service. After the drive, I will be showing near 7500 miles on the odometer, so it will be time for that oil to be changed. The one in Gulfport doesn't provide Pit Pass service which I will discuss with them later and try to get them to subscribe to the program.

I should be in town around 6 in the afternoon on Thursday, but I gotta meet up with this girl once I get there and get checked in to the hotel.

Crusing the Coast looks like a blast. I'll get with you guys to make sure when it is going down and where we can meet up.

Josh
Old Sep 29, 2003, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

rock! LMK
Old Oct 1, 2003, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

what is this cruising the coast thing. i'm in new orleans...but i'm interested in meeting ya fellars
Old Oct 2, 2003, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

cruising the coast is a big car show that has several stops along the gulf coast. It's really fun, but geared toward classic cars.

http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/
Old Oct 5, 2003, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, if you guys are going to be out again tonight, let me know. My phone has been dead all day because I forgot to charge it last night. Just call me up and we will get together and eat / drink / talk cars / whatever.

P.S. Let's get some girls out there tonight.

Josh
Old Oct 16, 2003, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

So where are all the other Lancers from the gulf coast? do they not know about this forum? If that is the case, we neet to get the word out.

We need a method of networking.
Especially with the girl Lancer owners.
Old Oct 18, 2003, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

i'm going to be in biloxi for the next 3 months... starting tomorrow.... just look for the silver evo with TX tags.. that's me...
Old Oct 18, 2003, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

There is one other Evo around here, but his car is in the shop. He got hit by some old guy while the guy was trying to back his truck out of a parking space. His is blue and he works at Keesler (I am assuming that is why you are here). Then there is my Evo, which is black with red Ralliart mudflaps. You can't miss it. I live in Gulfport right on the line of Gulfport/Biloxi. There are a lot of Lancers down here, but not many of them read evolutionm.net that I know of.

PM me and I will give you my number so we can meet up sometime and talk cars and stuff.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

bad news... after we, my wife and i checked into our hotel.. she was following me in her car and to my horror... rear ended me.. my car is going to be in the shop next week for about 2 days getting the rear bumper repainted... this is going to set me back about 500 bones.. looks like the hks evc 5 will have to wait alittle longer.. and yes i am here at keesler for my weather upgrade training.. 3 months to go...
Old Oct 24, 2003, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

How far is Keesler from Columbus?
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by kevin
bad news... after we, my wife and i checked into our hotel.. she was following me in her car and to my horror... rear ended me.. my car is going to be in the shop next week for about 2 days getting the rear bumper repainted... this is going to set me back about 500 bones.. looks like the hks evc 5 will have to wait alittle longer.. and yes i am here at keesler for my weather upgrade training.. 3 months to go...
You guys both ok?

Hope so.

PM me and I'll send you my phone number. I just got my car washed and it's kinda shiney again.

Josh
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Space Monkey
How far is Keesler from Columbus?
258 miles.

5 Hours, 30 minutes away according to www.randmcnally.com