Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Illegal tint ticket - tinting shop recs & questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're just doing this crap because the economy sucks and they need to bring in some more revenue! Cops in DFW used to be a lot cooler before everything went south.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just take if off the sides, snap a pic and go to court.. show the judge the picture and state your case that you removed it and you bought it that way..fine gets cut in half or less and your done
Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah if you remove it or change it, they will more than likely offer you a walk around, youll have to go to court, plead your case to the judge, he will most likely ask the bailiff h to do a walk around your car and check the repairs.... ( you might want to rig up a front plate too, they look for all violations if the actually walk around your car) if it is all ok, the bailiff will dismiss you and drop the ticket. When I had to have it done for a no front license plate, they didn't even go walk to the car.... he just walked outside and asked if we got it fixed then sent us on our way....
Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
i have 15% on the front then 5% on the rear 3 lol.... shifty eyes
Me too on my lancer, and it has been inspected about 6 years with it, and I have never had a problem...
Old Feb 16, 2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bggstin
I know 2 people around school that run double 5% on the rears / backwindow and 5% on the fronts.
Do those people live in Texas?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 02:38 PM

i didn't know they changed this..how do limo's get away with this?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 02:42 PM

this was for the rear of the car:

# If vehicle has left and right outside mirrors, there is no minimum light transmission requirement.
# If not equipped with both outside mirrors, the rear window must have no less than 25% light transmittance and a luminous reflectance of 25% or less.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

There is a tint removing product either at Autozone or PepBoys that I have used with great results. Basically you spray the tint from the inside with a solution and place a plastic sheet over the tint, and in about 1 hour the tint is able to be pulled off. Little time consuming, but it worked. You might want to try that. I'll see if i can find the product.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by JDW1479
There is a tint removing product either at Autozone or PepBoys that I have used with great results. Basically you spray the tint from the inside with a solution and place a plastic sheet over the tint, and in about 1 hour the tint is able to be pulled off. Little time consuming, but it worked. You might want to try that. I'll see if i can find the product.
Any ammonia based product will work.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

I got a similar ticket last summer. He pulled me over for no front plate and said he also wanted to check my tint. Pulled out the meter and gave me a bs ticket for it and a warning for the plate. He had just gotten done pulling someone else over and was going 15 mph under the speed limit while in the fast lane to let me catch up. All the while people were running up on my *** at 80+ and changing lanes to see him and slam on their brakes. 3 cars passed us without front plates while I was pulled over. Gotta love Waller County
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

i got 5% all around haha anytime i see a cop i just roll em down no matter the weather
Old Feb 17, 2009, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Drooke
i got 5% all around haha anytime i see a cop i just roll em down no matter the weather
I had to do this in my cobra a few times. Still got pulled over for it because i did it too late. i just pulled my window fuse out while i was pulling over and hold him my window switches were broken and there was no way he could have seen it since they were broken. He let me go..but he wasn't happy. haha

of course this works good with inspections too..

Roll ur windows down, pull the fuse. when they say hey i need to roll ur window up and check the tint level just ask, "can i fail inspection for having faulty windows?" they'll say no..then just tell them. well..they're faulty so i can't roll them up. Worked for me the guy just said ok then forget it.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shimanchu
Do those people live in Texas?
No not in Texas. That much tint is illegal anywhere though. I think that it all comes down to luck.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

i was in the city of torrance one time in cali, cop went down the list of the things to ticket me for, one of it being tint, i have about 15% all around. so the cop says "you from long beach right??" i said "yess officer" so he says "well, since its the holioday and we're in recession, if you promise to keep your **** out torrance from now on and let you go freely" i wa like "hell yeah sir, i promise, you'll never catch me again" and he was like "man, i really want to atleast get you for your tint, but what the hell, get the **** out of here" and i was GONE.. funk that
Old Feb 24, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drooke
I have the same tint and do the exact same ****.....