Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Oklahoma Evos

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I remember that pump, they have 101 as well.
Old May 4, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive over to the shell about once a week off of western. Only place I know. Can't think of anything in MWC I grew up there and graduated from there a long time ago.
Old May 4, 2009, 04:32 PM

Glad to see that there are evo's in the OKC area! I was there last summer for 2 weeks and I didn't see any. I also drove ALL over the city looking for 93oct . Hopefully, I run into some of you guys the next time I'm up there.
Old May 4, 2009, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

^^ I saw my first X up by Mercy Hospital other than mine Sunday. Of coarse mine was at home in the garage. It was GG. Looked good rolling down the road.
Old May 4, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

What Up! So I live North of tulsa about an hour right on the border of OK/KS. I've been thinking bout running at howlett (Spelling?) But anyways, I just started autoxing. My first one was at a corvette club and I got third out of everyone there. Lol. They loved it..... Or not. Got beat by a vette with 4 slicks and a supercharged miata.. neither were in my class but none the less they still beat me by tenths of a second. So anyways. Let me know when you guys go down to howlett or race in tulsa or something and I will definitely be down! I've got an STI, and a three evo's in my small group.... And a SRT-4... Shhhhh don't tell anyone. Lol
Old May 4, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, GGIX down here in lawton.There are afew more down here ,but dont know if they are on the board.....
Old May 4, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Im hoping to do several Auto Xs this summer after I get my clutch replaced. It went out right before I was going to my first one this last Sunday. I have an Exedy Stage 2 Thick on order right now. Im also hoping to make to a couple of Hallet track days in the car as well as one school.
Old May 4, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
What the hell did you do that they don't like you? Those guys are super cool and helpful too. There are a couple Evo owners on there and a bunch of Subaru guys. A lot of Evo owners talk $h!t so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some bad experiences.

Umm ok. all they do on oksc is talk trash. a lot too. they are literally thier own little group. noone talks to them except themselves. They are douches to lots of people from what ive seen and heard and experienced. If i wanted to feel like an elitist ******* i'd be sooooo down for oksc...but oh wait, I dont. Go figure.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by dcasandman
Im hoping to do several Auto Xs this summer after I get my clutch replaced. It went out right before I was going to my first one this last Sunday. I have an Exedy Stage 2 Thick on order right now. Im also hoping to make to a couple of Hallet track days in the car as well as one school.
Just wondering who are you going to have install your clutch, anyone local or are you driving to cobb in plano? There's just not very many options for shops around here. Eventially my car will need to be worked on and i'm not sure where I want to take it yet. Oh and if anyone is interested there is a station that sells E85 at NE 4th and oklahoma downtown, open 24hrs.
Old May 5, 2009, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Talked to guys at Alternative Motorsport off of west Reno. Its mostly a Honda performance shop. The owner has set some drag records in a Civic, and they seem to know a decent amount about previous generation Evos He said he has done lots of 8 and 9 Evo installs. My X will be their first, but that will be pretty much the story every where in Oklahoma. He looked at the diagram of the X install and said it is very similar and is actually showing to take less time then the previous versions with slight differences. The guys in Plano have not done one either yet last time I was there. For us guys in Oklahoma its kinda cross your fingers and hope everything goes well. They are going to charge 600 for the install.
Old May 5, 2009, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You can always come down and have KevinD @ EvolutionDynamics do it. He's cheaper than Cobb and he's done enough X clutches to know what he's doing

He does all sorts of work on Evos (including tuning) and is a great asset to our community!

dcasandman, the X clutch install takes longer than the VIII/IX, but their price is more than fair. I'd just be sure they know what they are doing since there is a TON of stuff that's got to happen on the X to swap the clutch.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

^Thx, Im actually pretty nervous about having the car worked on here, but my dealership is absolutely worthless. I would love to come down and hae someone in Texas work on it, but I have to schedule vacation 6 months at a time so there is no way that is possible. I hope they do a good job.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^Thx, Im actually pretty nervous about having the car worked on here, but my dealership is absolutely worthless. I would love to come down and hae someone in Texas work on it, but I have to schedule vacation 6 months at a time so there is no way that is possible. I hope they do a good job.
It takes less than a day to swap the clutch. 3 hour drive from OKC to here (so leave early), get it swapped then drive back. Do it on a weekend day and have no issues
Old May 5, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talked to guys at Alternative Motorsport off of west Reno. Its mostly a Honda performance shop. The owner has set some drag records in a Civic, and they seem to know a decent amount about previous generation Evos He said he has done lots of 8 and 9 Evo installs. My X will be their first, but that will be pretty much the story every where in Oklahoma. He looked at the diagram of the X install and said it is very similar and is actually showing to take less time then the previous versions with slight differences. The guys in Plano have not done one either yet last time I was there. For us guys in Oklahoma its kinda cross your fingers and hope everything goes well. They are going to charge 600 for the install.
you should try abel racing. they are cheaper , locvated in midwest city, and do great work. plus they have worked on tons of dsms. their race cars are dsms that are in in the low 9s. check em out! they did excellent work on my car
pm me and i can get you my phone number, and talk about both shops as ive had my car at both, abel was really cool
Old May 5, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arkitek
you should try abel racing. they are cheaper , locvated in midwest city, and do great work. plus they have worked on tons of dsms. their race cars are dsms that are in in the low 9s. check em out! they did excellent work on my car
pm me and i can get you my phone number, and talk about both shops as ive had my car at both, abel was really cool

Called Abel Racing and they want to charge 850 to replace the clutch and resurface the fly wheel. They said they have done a X already, and were very friendly on the phone. They appeared to be much more knowledgeable about the X than the other shop. I was surprised they are charging an extra 200 dollars though. Their hourly rate is much higher I noticed on their web site.

I already ordered the Exedy stage 2, but their shop was higher on the Spec C clutches. Said they get better life and customer service out of Spec C clutches than ACT or Exedy. They did not have much nice to say about ACT quality though.

To bad they dont have an AWD dyno Id really like to put the car back on one to see what kind of power it makes after a few more miles on to really get it broken in.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Evos