Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Oklahoma Evos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oklahoma Evos

I figured I'd be the only one to post, haha.

I did talk to about 4 evo owners that are local this past weekend and told them to join here so I wouldnt be the only one
Old Apr 27, 2009, 12:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Murph is here (in tulsa)!

Murph
Old Apr 27, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

there is a whole oklahoma thread somewhere here in the south region, however I don't think anyone has posted in it in a year or two
Old Apr 27, 2009, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got from Tulsa this past weekend but i was not in my EVO. I did see some EVO's crusing around memorial street saturday night.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by i have no idea
I just got from Tulsa this past weekend but i was not in my EVO. I did see some EVO's crusing around memorial street saturday night.
I usually see one in Tulsa at 61st and memorial when I eat at TGI Fridays (well, more drinking than eating, but you get the point right?)
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

ok-speed.com or oksc.org if you want to meet with some locals.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Wassup guys. This is Minh in OKC. I think these Oklahoma threads pop up in here about once a year. Doesn't seem like too many of us around here. If anyone's interested, there is a SCCA autocross in OKC this Sunday. I'm the only Evo IX that runs with the local club.

I'm assuming Murph=Kevin?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Oklahoma City here GG Evo X. Usually around NW area of OKC. Mercy, Quail Springs, NW Expressway area. I do venture to Nichols Hills to get Gas since they sell 93 oct and 101 oct.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by autoxer_minh
Wassup guys. This is Minh in OKC. I think these Oklahoma threads pop up in here about once a year. Doesn't seem like too many of us around here. If anyone's interested, there is a SCCA autocross in OKC this Sunday. I'm the only Evo IX that runs with the local club.

I'm assuming Murph=Kevin?
Where is the Event at? Ive never done AutoX, but I would love to try it out. What do I need to do?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:41 PM

+1 I have been thinking about trying some autox, well if the wife lets me.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

We could at least meet at one of the events to check it out. I have not even seen another X in town before, and only a 2 IXs.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

The event this Sunday is at Remington Park. We use the parking lot off of Martin Luther King Ave. If you want to run, you can register through motorsportreg.com or on site the morning of. You'll save $5 by registering online and since that doesn't closeout till 6pm Saturday, you have plenty of time to decide if you want to run. Here's a link to the event page if you want more info. All you really need is a car, your drivers license, a helmet, and about $45. The club has loaner helmets and you can rent a set of numbers for the day.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....B7975D7B054BE1

Even if you don't run, come on out and see what it's all about. The layout of Remington Park makes it easy to watch the cars on course. Check out the club's website at www.okscca.org and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by autoxer_minh
The event this Sunday is at Remington Park. We use the parking lot off of Martin Luther King Ave. If you want to run, you can register through motorsportreg.com or on site the morning of. You'll save $5 by registering online and since that doesn't closeout till 6pm Saturday, you have plenty of time to decide if you want to run. Here's a link to the event page if you want more info. All you really need is a car, your drivers license, a helmet, and about $45. The club has loaner helmets and you can rent a set of numbers for the day.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....B7975D7B054BE1

Even if you don't run, come on out and see what it's all about. The layout of Remington Park makes it easy to watch the cars on course. Check out the club's website at www.okscca.org and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks for the info! I have to work this sunday but I'll try to shoot for the 17th.

I have only seen one evo x driving around. WW and he lives somewhere within a couple miles. I've seen it half a dozen times.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

I Have to OK from the wife to go. Im going to try to make it if I can. If not Ill make one soon. I know nothing about autox, but guess its time to learn. I hope to see some other evos there.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The OK SCCA is a good group to run with.

Hi Minh!

Quick Reply: Oklahoma Evos