Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Visit to MZM performance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visit to MZM performance

I was at MZM performance today to install my ultimate racing downpipe + test pipe and I just wanted to say that I a pretty impressed with their prices. While I was there they installed my dp+test pipe in about 15 minutes and they gave me a pretty sweet deal on a AEM intake so I installed it while I was there. I also noticed that they had HKS Hi-power exhuasts for $569.00 installed!

I was aslo talking to mohammed the shopowner about getting a engine managment system for my car. He told me about the new Apexi power FC that they had in stock which comes with a base map program to run all normal functions of the EVO8 and it deletes the MAF sensor which means that I can now run VTA blowoff valve without any problems. The particular model that they have in stock is a bit more advanced than the regular power FC's avaliable online. It comes with all the sensors required to run air density instead of MAF. Anyways, I am getting the first one of these power FC's installed on my car next week for an amazing price. I was asked not say anything about the price online but I am sure that it will be very resonable.

Hope to see you guys soon at the next dyno day to show you the new fuel system.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 12:46 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Re: Visit to MZM performance

Originally posted by QAT-R
I was at MZM performance today to install my ultimate racing downpipe + test pipe and I just wanted to say that I a pretty impressed with their prices. While I was there they installed my dp+test pipe in about 15 minutes and they gave me a pretty sweet deal on a AEM intake so I installed it while I was there. I also noticed that they had HKS Hi-power exhuasts for $569.00 installed!

I was aslo talking to mohammed the shopowner about getting a engine managment system for my car. He told me about the new Apexi power FC that they had in stock which comes with a base map program to run all normal functions of the EVO8 and it deletes the MAF sensor which means that I can now run VTA blowoff valve without any problems. The particular model that they have in stock is a bit more advanced than the regular power FC's avaliable online. It comes with all the sensors required to run air density instead of MAF. Anyways, I am getting the first one of these power FC's installed on my car next week for an amazing price. I was asked not say anything about the price online but I am sure that it will be very resonable.

Hope to see you guys soon at the next dyno day to show you the new fuel system.
Indeed mohammad and the guys are all over the price war thing!
Call mutzam or mohammad or go buy I am also talking to them about the power FC and all the options it comes with ect. Well I was impressed with MZM the first day I wondered into the shop and Mohammad took the time to visit and chat about cars and tuning theories and whatnot- A true enthusiast My work has been done at MZM ever since- PS the new Dyno rocks!!
Old Oct 1, 2003, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

I tip my hat to Mohammad. MZM is a really nice shop and he seems like he is working hard to win the business of Evo owners. It is a big help to CenTex Evo community to have a quality shop and dyno.

BTW, it Mutasim.

Last edited by EVO Rosso; Oct 1, 2003 at 01:06 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 02:05 PM

I was also impressed by what I saw. Chatted with my neighbor who owns a legacy and a saturn...he then mentions that he has been getting all his servicing done at MZM for the last couple of years and swears by them.

http://www.mzmperformance.com/cars/derekwrx/donut.mpg
My car wants to be just like that one when it grows up...
Old Oct 1, 2003, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Beware of MZM

Last edited by QAT-R; Feb 15, 2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

I stopped by MZM months ago when they were still off Lamar. They were closed but happened to be in the office. They invited me in and we talked for a good 1/2 hour. That's when they told me they might move - which they did - and if they did then they might get a dyno - which they also did.

They made a pretty good first impression on me, and all this positive feedback builds some confidence they might be a good shop to take the car to should the need arise.
Old Oct 4, 2003, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by QAT-R; Feb 15, 2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 09:09 PM

Me jealous, you got good stuff there QAT-R. Congrats. I'll have to see that car soon...before it becomes a monster that is.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Definitely treefallen, and thanks for the kind words...