Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Hot Import Nights in Dallas (8/3)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2002, 04:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by StreetLancer
EXXXXcellent. The more the better.

Noon sounds good, but, keep in mind we have people coming in from out of state. Pi, Serial... what do you think?
Wassup, are there any hotels around that place? I think I'm going to take leave Friday so I can start driving.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

There is a La Quinta about a mile North of Pennington, and a Holiday Inn that's right at the split of 121 and 183... I feel like I'm forgetting some, but, I could be wrong.

We're talking about noon on Saturday... I think.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 07:35 AM

Where in Louisiana are you?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

There is a La Quinta about a mile North of Pennington, and a Holiday Inn that's right at the split of 121 and 183... I feel like I'm forgetting some, but, I could be wrong.

We're talking about noon on Saturday... I think.
The place we're going to meet at is near HIN?? Cuz I wanna get a hotel thats close to both.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Well, those are close to the meeting place, while HIN will be about 30-45 minutes away. I know that seems steep, but, after looking around, I decided that this would be the best venue because the area's friendliness towards car enthusiasts, and the large amount of paved area that would be available for... whatever. Anyway, between here in there, there are tons of hotels/motels, and I'll look into it to find some options for you.
Old Jul 10, 2002, 05:57 PM

im in thibodaux louisiana around houma is hin in dallas cause according to yahoo map pennington is about 3 hour drive from dallas ill leave on the friday stay in pennington and stay in dallas saturday drive home from dallas sunday
Old Jul 11, 2002, 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

3 HOURS?!?! I live here... Yahoo! must be on crack. The actual town is BEDFORD.... Pennington is the name of the Stadium. It's less than an hour's drive... 45 minutes if there is heavy traffic to get to Downtown Dallas. Believe me, it's not 3 hours from here unless you're on horseback.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 02:03 AM
Evolving Member

Hey wassup?!?! Can you find me a hotel between the meeting place and HIN??
Old Jul 11, 2002, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I'm going to San Antonio until Sunday, but, I can give it a shot next weekend if that's not too close to it. Personally, I would recommend going on something like Holiday Inn or something's website and doing a search for the area to see what they have. There is alot of stuff in this area due to it's proximity to DFW Airport and the two major cities... shouldn't be hard to find something on short notice.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Making sure everyone knows, but, tickets are 25 bucks plus a 2.50 service fee. I'd recommend that you buy them online at http://www.hotimportnights.com

And, if someone could tell me, what exactly do they mean by "register your car..." It's 50 bucks, and I don't plan on doing it, but, just wondering.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Making sure everyone knows, but, tickets are 25 bucks plus a 2.50 service fee. I'd recommend that you buy them online at http://www.hotimportnights.com

And, if someone could tell me, what exactly do they mean by "register your car..." It's 50 bucks, and I don't plan on doing it, but, just wondering.
Maybe if you register your car, it could be in the show
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Huh. Maybe. Oh, and, we might move the meet time back.. the show doesn't start til 5, so, meeting at noon would make it to where we had 5 hours to kill... unless you guys wanna go see a movie before we go...
Old Jul 11, 2002, 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Huh. Maybe. Oh, and, we might move the meet time back.. the show doesn't start til 5, so, meeting at noon would make it to where we had 5 hours to kill... unless you guys wanna go see a movie before we go...
That is a lot of time to kill, meet at 3? Then we roll there together?
Old Jul 11, 2002, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds about right... I looked at the scheduled time, and I was like... duh, no wonder it's hot import NIGHTS. 5 to Midnight, and I plan to try and close that motha down... I figure about an hour of travel time... leaves us an hour to make presence known and basically look around at the other cars in the lot... the real show. Anyway, sounds good, and plus, that will give those that are gonna be travelling in the space of a day time to sleep in a bit.
Old Jul 11, 2002, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Soo...3 pm?

Quick Reply: Hot Import Nights in Dallas (8/3)