Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Hot Import Nights in Dallas (8/3)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2002, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Import Nights in Dallas

Hey, I live in the Dallas area, and I've been looking forward to HIN since I heard it was coming to town 2 months ago. Well, now I'm looking for any Lancers in the area who are planning on coming to get with me, and maybe plan a group roll out to the event. It's the first weekend in August I believe, and well, let's try and get as many to show as possible. I hope this can come together, because I'm really interested in seeing some of you guys, and getting a good showing of support for the Lancer aftermarket at this show.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

Hey StreetLancer, wassup man!?!?! You know I'm goin'...lets hope that a lot more people will go.
Old Jun 15, 2002, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Just thinking this would get lost if we posted it in the Lancers in Texas thread.. let's hope.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 10:38 AM

I'll be there.
Old Jun 18, 2002, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

K, for those of you who don't know, HIN will be August 3rd at Dallas Market hall. Chances are, I'm gonna try and set up a meet sort of thing in the Midcities, and all of us will roll the remaining distance. Let's keep this on the front burner, even though we got a month and a half left. Houston, San Antonio, Austin.... make the trip. The more people we get signed up, the more worth it it will be.

[Lan Evo edit: just so the date and place will show up better ]

Last edited by Lan Evo; Jun 19, 2002 at 06:10 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

OK, let me sticky this thread so more people will be able to see it
Old Jun 19, 2002, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by StreetLancer
K, for those of you who don't know, HIN will be August 3rd at Dallas Market hall. Chances are, I'm gonna try and set up a meet sort of thing in the Midcities, and all of us will roll the remaining distance. Let's keep this on the front burner, even though we got a month and a half left. Houston, San Antonio, Austin.... make the trip. The more people we get signed up, the more worth it it will be.
StreetLancer, where shall we all meet?? Ooh, I'm soo excited, I can't wait. Is everybody's Lancer all hooked up?? Cuz I'm gonna feel really bad if I'm the only one thats stock
Old Jun 19, 2002, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I'll be scouting out some locations... something that should be relatively easy to find, is on the way to Dallas, and is friendly to some cars showing up and meeting... some of which being a little loud...

But, that shouldn't be to hard. There are alot of import tuners in this area, and pretty much it's been accepted by most as a way of life here. Ask me, there is an overabundance of tuners without taste. Today, I'm driving home from work, and decide to tack on about a mile to my one mile commute and take the long way, and, I get a car revving at me. I look over, and I've seen this guy before. Check this... it's an MX-6, (pretty decent car not fantastic or anything, but alright, got nothing against them) but it's got a big aluminum wing on it, it's been painted bright orange, and it's got this monster tac and a big 'can looking muffler on it. Anyway, if that's not bad enough, I saw him a week ago, and it looked like that, right, but now he's got a brand new addition. It's the decal from the Supra off of the Fast and the Furious. So, I realize, all this guy is trying to do is make his Mazda look like the Supra. Kind of sad really. Add to that the Lancer sounded meaner by a mile. But, that's my opinion. If soft and whiny is the way you like your car sounding, I guess that's alright. Some people like brussel sprouts over prime rib, I guess.

Anyway, back on topic, thanks for making that a sticky, hopefully we'll see some more participation.

Oh yeah, and Pi? Don't worry about your car being stock. Up until a month ago, mine was just stock, now, it just has the cold air and exhaust and tastefull aftermarket decals. I'm sure no one will notice and rag on you. It'll be good to have you aboard either way.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Okay, been a while since there has been any response, but, I'm trying to get another head count... if you're coming, plan on bringing anyone, or whatever, trying to find out how many cars are going to be there... need the info so I can get a good location. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 02:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by StreetLancer
Okay, been a while since there has been any response, but, I'm trying to get another head count... if you're coming, plan on bringing anyone, or whatever, trying to find out how many cars are going to be there... need the info so I can get a good location. Thanks.
As of today, I'm still going. But ya never know what the military going to make me do. But I'm going.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 02:10 AM

hin

ok i was looking around the froums for stuff to read and found this. Well i checked with the boss and im off that weekend so im defiently going cant wait to see all you lancers there if yall have a group meet planned email me the info at stevenl@cajunnet.com
peace
Old Jul 9, 2002, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Okie dokie.... here's the deal. I've all but decided on a venue.

It's at the local stadium (an actual stadium, not just a football field and a few sets of bleachers) which has a pretty large parking lot that plays host to several out doors amateur car shows and a few autocross events every year. It's situated across from a large shopping center with a few resturaunts and a grocery store for whatever travelling supplies you might need. It's right off of HWY 121 and Central drive in Bedford, Tx, which is about 15 minutes from D/FW Airport. To get an idea where it is, go to mapquest or yahoo! and enter in Central Drive as the street, and 76022 as the area code, and it should give you the area. Basically, you head to that location, and you can't miss Pennington.

If everyone thinks this sounds like a good location, then I will make it the site, and see if anything needs to be done to secure it.

Really, last thing I need to do is set a time.

Everybody throw out a number for when you think a good arrival time would be, and we'll try and get a pretty democratic number for the arrival. I think it should be before/slightly after noon to avoid the heat. From there, we might have a quick lunch, and then head to market hall.
Old Jul 9, 2002, 08:44 AM

I say noon is a good time to meet. I have met a couple here iiiin Longview that they both drive Lancers and are wanting to mod them out. They said they would probably go with us to Hot Import Nights. I think Pennington is a good meeting spot. Pleasse keep us informed of the time. Thanx
Old Jul 9, 2002, 11:51 PM
Evolved Member

EXXXXcellent. The more the better.

Noon sounds good, but, keep in mind we have people coming in from out of state. Pi, Serial... what do you think?
Old Jul 10, 2002, 03:16 AM

time

what day are you guys talking about friday or saturday cause i have a 9 hour drive to get to pennington and i dont know if i can leave thursday nite

Quick Reply: Hot Import Nights in Dallas (8/3)