Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Gillman Mitsu Horror story

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gillman Mitsu Horror story

Sorry its so long, but a review to help future buyers.

So in August i got the good news that i got picked up to be promoted to E-5 and the wife decided i could finally get my Evo. Best day ever, making more money and i get to waste it all on a new car... couldn't be happier!!!

Being new to the area i go to google to find the nearest Mitsubishi dealership and head that direction. This happened to be Gillman, and some of the worst salesmanship happened. I walked up and go inside (no one keeps there Evos far from the front) and ask if they had any Evos. The sale manager told me the bad news but did say they could possible locate one at their Houston dealership and bring it up. I expressed out i was intereseted in a Blue black or white one, and he directed me to a sales rep to look one up. I get back to the office of the rep and he totally blew me off. Instead of looking on the computer for the stock like i was told he would, he merely took down the colors i was looking for and gave me a card. I was told he would give me a call soon weather he found one or not. Never got a call. I searched SA for one but ended up having to drive to Pavilion Mitsubishi in Austin to get my car(GREAT dealership, awesome staff).

So after buying my car i get a free oil change coupon in the mail from Mitsubishi and decide i would take it to get the oil changed out. Of course i didn't learn my lesson on how horrible this place was, kinda figured they wrote me off because of how young i look (only 23, probably look about 18). Plus i figure it would be awesome to show them the big sale they missed out on. I set up a appointment for 9:30 and i am told it will take 45m to do the job. So my wife and i drop off the car and walk around looking at cars. While in the subie and honda section i was asked 3 times if i needed help, given names and reassurance that if i needed help to merely find so and so. Thought it can be annoying a sign of a dealership that cares. I took the wife down to the Mitsubishi side to look at eclipses, and we are able to walk the whole lot before i am asked if we need help. No surprise there. So after walking around for about a hour i get back to the service area to see my car sitting there. I figure they are done and walk in to pick up my keys. I am told they haven't even touched my car yet....
Took over 2hrs for a simple oil change. Now the real horror.... i walk out to my car and i have my FIRST SCRATCH right below my hood. They didn't say anything about it, i have to point it out. Now after waiting for a loaner car for about 2 and a half weeks they put me in a rental and its suppose to be getting fixed. Won't be taking any cars back to Gillman, lesson learned...
Old Nov 7, 2011, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

I would just never go to the dealership for an oil change, I get those coupons, I just chuck them. Get a good oil change from kwik kar, thats where I go for my evo.
I live in san antonio, and when I bought my 09 ralliart at gillman 2 years ago I had a great experience, bought from Manny, badass dude. Kinda sketchy at times but still cool guy. I wish they would of had an evo x used when I bought my evo last year this time. I bought my 08 rr at mission Mitsubishi and that place was ****ty.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

+1 for just tossing the coupons... it's just not worth it.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
might want to post on Yelp.com to really drive the point across
Old Nov 7, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HimynameisWillzyx
I would just never go to the dealership for an oil change, I get those coupons, I just chuck them. Get a good oil change from kwik kar, thats where I go for my evo.
I live in san antonio, and when I bought my 09 ralliart at gillman 2 years ago I had a great experience, bought from Manny, badass dude. Kinda sketchy at times but still cool guy. I wish they would of had an evo x used when I bought my evo last year this time. I bought my 08 rr at mission Mitsubishi and that place was ****ty.
Def. learned my lesson about the oil changes... or any work it seems.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

The only time I'll go to dealer is necessary maintenance like I'm gonna take mine in soon for the 30k maintenance, mainly to get fluids changed like in my tc-sst and whatever else they do. Just sucks putting your car to stock for warranty work.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

But I go to gillman for service
Old Nov 7, 2011, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

That's why I do everything myself
Old Nov 7, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my Gf's 08 Lancer Gts there and got it serviced there a couple times for free with great customer service !
I guess its just who you talked to ! But then again i bought it back in late 2007 and haven't gone in over a year .
Old Nov 8, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Buying the car didn't really **** me off. It was taking it for a oil change, a 30 min job taking over 2 hrs and them scratching my brand new car. Them not saying anything bout it, just going to let me take it away and now its been almost 3 weeks and im still waiting... its finally in thank god. Plus i found out the "touch-up guy" didn't come in today so they took it to a off site body shop without my permission to get it done. Kinda pisses me off that they didn't even ask me first... i don't know this shop or how they treat cars... or even if during the trip if they were rodding the **** out of my car or what. Huge waste of my time and gas...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hi im vinh
that's why i do everything myself
+1
Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Best bet, avoid dealers unless it's for recalls.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

Happy ending to the story, got the car back last night and the scratch was fixed. Area looks brand new and you can't even tell it was there.... nightmare is over
Old Nov 9, 2011, 08:59 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
bought my evo 9 mr new back in 06 from gillman. they gave me a good deal, pick me up from the airport and by noon I was out. one week later they fired the salesman(for giving me a good deal?).
Old Nov 9, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
bought my evo 9 mr new back in 06 from gillman. they gave me a good deal, pick me up from the airport and by noon I was out. one week later they fired the salesman(for giving me a good deal?).
Probably out of the norm for them.

Quick Reply: Gillman Mitsu Horror story