Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Driver's Edge at TWS 3/6, 3/7

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2004, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by iodine23
LaQuinta was too rich for my blood. Though a king sized bed and recliner in the room does sound awfully nice.
We are talking about LaQuinta at 60$/day here...with 2 double beds: one for me and one for the car.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by whiterexman

I'll be going to the MSR lapping days on 03/14.

What's MSR track schedule looks like? I mean like what time does the gate open and usually what time does the track goes hot?

Just curious...

What's consider to be a "decent" time at MSR?
I'd double check with what time's Silver Surfer is planning, but gates usually open at 7 or 7:30 and track goes hot about 8:00 or 8:30 plus add in time for who gets there first and which sessions go out first, Bikes, Open Wheeled, Closed Wheeled..

As for decent time in an Evo.. again double check with the host, but 1:29, 1:30, I think
Old Feb 29, 2004, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Treefallen

We are talking about LaQuinta at 60$/day here...with 2 double beds: one for me and one for the car.
I must've been looking at the room rate then. I saw king sized bed + recliner for $90/night online.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Treefallen, you have an extra Snell rated medium or large helmet I could borrow for the event? The one I ordered might not arrive in time. My AutoX helmet is only DOT rated, not Snell.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 10:55 AM

Sorry iodine23, I don't have an extra one here. Have you ordered the helmet? If you haven't ordered it, I'd ask Rick if a distributor/retailer will be on site at the event. That way you can get in touch with the retailer and have him bring your brand new helmet there. He had the exact helmet I had wanted to order: a medium Bieffe Predator.
Old Mar 1, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

I ordered a G-Force from racerwholsale last Tuesday. They called Wednesday to tell me it wasn't in stock and wouldn't be in until mid-march. So I switched to a different model that they said they had in stock. When I got home Wednesday night there was a message on my machine saying that they didn't have the helmet in stock in white like they said they did.

So I called back Thursday and they told me they had a black one in stock. I switched my order to that and they said it would ship out on Thursday. I noticed that my credit card still hadn't been billed yet, so I called today and they said that it should process and ship today. Funny, that's what they told me on Thursday.

So assuming the guy wasn't lying when he assured me it would ship today, I should have the helmet on Thursday. But I'm just covering my butt in case it doesn't show up in time. What a mess.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

The weather forecast currently calls for 70 degrees and partly cloudy this weekend. Sounds like it will be nice. A small part of me is hoping this rain keeps up, though. That would definitely make it more interesting.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 09:10 PM

Yes, I am kind of hoping for some wet track too. Wicked fast awd in the turns...power on!

Got my brake pads on today, just bedded them! I am ready...and have finally told my wife about my plans for the weekend...
Old Mar 4, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys,

iodine you should try austinperformance they have a buncha helmets at good prices. they are located just behind protech. I will also check my biker friends helmet to see if he could lend it to you. So I finally signed up for novice class and I hope to see you guys there.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

I wound up getting a helmet from Day Motorsports in the Dallas area. I called on Tuesday and they shipped it out UPS ground the same day. It showed up on Wednesday.

I guess I didn't think of Austin Performance... I've never actually been there, but figured there were more of a parts store.

QAT-R, you're going to be at TWS or the spokes novice class?
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:54 PM

I checked Austin Performance out last november, they had helmets. Bells and XSpeed helmets. Not top of the line models. XSpeed were dead cheap.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Im going to be at TWS. Im staying at manor inn.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 06:43 AM

Any comments on this? I'd like to know how everyone liked it and did.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

I had a good time. I was a little tired by the end of it, probably shouldn't have done my last run. I didn't realize how beat I was until the drive home when I started zoning out at about Round Rock. When I got home I had a huge headache.

I'm sure I'll do it again, I just need some time to decompress. It's really exciting to be running your car that fast and hard. They also do a good job of working with the novices, so even if you don't have any high performance driving experience before, you'll still have a good time.

I have some pictures to post, I'll probably do that this evening.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

iodine, did you use a harness while running?