Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Unsafe Speed and NO Front LP Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unsafe Speed and NO Front LP Ticket

Have any of you guys gotten a ticket for front liscence in TEXAS and or unsafe speed how much do they run? I got both of em in the same night can I dismiss em by defensive driving?
Old Mar 8, 2004, 07:31 AM

Depends. I've had probably close to a dozen speeding tickets in the last 4 years, and only one stuck on my record. Most municipalities in Texas have a Deferred Ajudication clause that allows you to plead No Contest and not have a conviction on your record. However, keep in mind that what would be on your record is that you pleaded no contest and that the charges were dismissed at the end of your probationary period. Now, the stipulations in most DA cases is that you not get a ticket of the same nature in the same municipality for between 3 to 6 months. Another is that the speed you were travelling over was not more than 20 to 25 miles over the limit. Lastly, you will be required to pay a "court fee" for the DA, which usually is a couple bucks more or less than the fine for the ticket would be in the first place. Now, as for defensive driving, most cities have the same requirements. In other words, no matter how you go, you'll probably pay the same amount, it's just that if it's over the set limit, it'll go on your record.

As for the front plate, I haven't had a front plate on my car for the last, oh, 8 months, and haven't been pulled over (knock on wood), but, in all likelihood, it'll be a citation telling you to fix it, and after you fix it, they'll dismiss the case. Kinda like inspection stickers or registration.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 07:32 AM

One last thing... the one ticket that stuck was for 98 in a 55, and it cost me around 265.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, any ticket you got after Sept. 1 2003 cost you a lot more then they used to.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 12:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
77 in a 55 was $185. I took defensive driving class and all i paid was a small fine and court fees. and the class fee. nothing is on my record
Old Mar 16, 2004, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Is Deffered Adjudication County wide or state wide? I'm on deffered for 3 things in denton, one which already expired and two which are going through right now (thanks to an attorney friend) but I have one more in Tarrent County, any ideas Gearbox? I'm trying to keep them all off my record so parents won't find out and neither will insurance.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 01:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Tanner65
Is Deffered Adjudication County wide or state wide? I'm on deffered for 3 things in denton, one which already expired and two which are going through right now (thanks to an attorney friend) but I have one more in Tarrent County, any ideas Gearbox? I'm trying to keep them all off my record so parents won't find out and neither will insurance.
Deffered Adjudication is usally only county wide. so if you don't get another ticket in that county within the probation period you should be good. Any other county who cares. At least thats how they did it in Wise Co. right next to Denton. You could just call the county clerk also.

Damn its late I need to go to bed

Last edited by RyanShanley; Mar 16, 2004 at 01:11 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Not exactly. Most DA situations are just city wide. I mean, when I was in High School, I was on DA for Bedford, Hurst, Euless, and Grapevine at the same time. Nothing went on my record. I had a heavy foot.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might want to check into this a little more closely. Part of the new laws back in September is an attempt to set up a central database and a points deduction system like they have in several other states. This would make it so that one deferred ticket is seen all over the state, not just county by county. I do not know if this is in place yet, but you might want to look into it.
Old Mar 19, 2004, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that's a good point. I should reiterate that my DAs were all about three years ago. Things may have changed.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

On the LP ticket, if I were to remove my LP from the bumper and put it in the window, would I still be pulled over for it?
Old Mar 22, 2004, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

I believe law is that it has to be visible and "readable" from the front. I'm gonna try figuring out a way to rig it to my passenger sun visor. Works for the SUVs.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

if you have a ticket that has been on your record for longer than 2 years you can go to a court house and have it removed from your record. I was going to lose my licence in Illinois because they have a stupid law where if you get 2 tickets in 2 years or 3 before your 18 its gone for a year. A clerk at the courthouse told me to get it removed and in the end it was all good.
Old Mar 22, 2004, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

It differs from state-to-state though.