Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Looking for ATX tuner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for ATX tuner

HI y'all I'm relatively new to the Austin area and I'm looking for a tuner who can flash my evo to ignore the CEL for the 2nd O2 sensor.

I'm also looking in general for a tuner shop in the area that knows these cars.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 07:41 AM

I live in austin, and your best bet is either to take it up to kevin in dallas or jorge in san antonio for tuning needs. I'm not aware of a good tuner in austin for evo's
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:43 AM

Austin Tuner

I am also an Evo owner in Austin. Yeah I don't know of any good tuners in Austin. I got my car tuned at TFP in SA, it's great place and not expensive. I can let you know of a couple of places if you want. Add me on FB Eric Falcon, or respond here.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 08:51 AM

There is MZM tuning but I gave them a call one time and just wasn't sure about that place. They have a website you can check out tho. If you are just wanting to turn off your CEL, have you thought about doing it yourself with ecuflash and a tactrix cable? Its real easy.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 04:04 PM

MZM off Howard lane. I spoke to them a fews times and they seemed to be knowledgable. Their prices are at the upper end of the spectrum. As far as reviews go, I've found they are hit and miss. Although, I could not find any, more current, reviews.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jayyyw
MZM off Howard lane. I spoke to them a fews times and they seemed to be knowledgable. Their prices are at the upper end of the spectrum. As far as reviews go, I've found they are hit and miss. Although, I could not find any, more current, reviews.
I used these guys to do a couple routine things and they charged me too much. They are nice people, I talked to the guys there for a while but after the experience there was over, I would never take my car back there. There were just some shady things going on like when I dropped my car off I knew they might have to drive it, I left a little less than a half tank in there and figured that would be plenty since they only did an oil change and compression test. Well, got the car back and the bill. The car had 1/4 tank in it and a whole tanks worth of gas was added to the bill so I asked them about it and they told me they had to fill it up. I disputed it and they told me they had to drive it a lot. I think maybe they went for some joy rides or something...I don't know maybe not but it was weird. I should have looked at the exact miles but didn't. Plus they do not do their own tuning, they send it out to get tunes done. Plus, they told me they pull their cars in every night but my car had water spots all over it like they left it out at night and the dew accumulated on it. I really do not care it was outside but just the lies they tell you add up.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 01:23 PM

I live down the street from them and use that road pretty much everyday. I can not recall ever seeing a car sit out in the parking lot over night. Regardless, they are pricey to deal with. I went in for a quote on a tune and they wanted almost $600. I'd rather drive down to SA or over to Houston to get tuned for that amount of money.

As for the gas bit, the car does need to be up to operating temperature to perform the compression test. Now, as for them "going through a tank of gas", that's highly unlikely. I have seen one of the brothers drive a black Evo 8/9 to the Gold's Gym on Techridge. Whether or not, the customer knew about it, I have no idea.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
try kevin in Dallas at evolution dynamics---pricing is good, skills better. Get it done once and done rt.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 08:30 AM

Ok.. I already have a custom tune in it at the moment that I got when I was living out west. I was planning to put in a test pipe but was concerned about the CEL.

Are there ever any evo meetups here in the austin area? I'm relatively new to the region.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 06:16 PM

If you have Facebook, look for a group called "Band of Evos".
Old Mar 3, 2015, 09:23 PM

I have nothing but good reviews from the guys at TFP...they treat all customers as equals and are very good at what they do..pm me if you want there contact number.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.G
I have nothing but good reviews from the guys at TFP...they treat all customers as equals and are very good at what they do..pm me if you want there contact number.

Where is TFP at? I haven't heard of them before.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 09:08 PM

Oh sorry they are out of San Antonio. Great guys and respectable prices with quality work IMO. They have worked on countless amount of evos. People with evos usually get there work done with JMS or TFP. PM me for there contact info. or checkout Facebook page Take flight performance.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 09:29 PM

I am bringing my evo here next week, I live in the college station area. Can't wait to meet up with some of the local guys but it looks like I'm gonna have to drive to austin or Houston to meet up haha oh well.