Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Problems with Texas Rebuild (Turbochargers.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Texas Rebuild (Turbochargers.com)

They used the wrong hose to go from the boost controller to the actuator. It looks like some type of surgical Hose, it collapses as soon as it tryes to hold 20 p.s.i.

I will go back to them and see what they can do for me. Will keep posting, after thursday.

Last edited by YellowEvoTX; Mar 16, 2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:51 PM

u could have probably done it better yourself.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 10:52 PM

Yup, I'm very pissed off. I will have to re-check all the connections and replace the hose.
I hope they are willing to give me some time on the Dyno for FREE.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 11:05 PM

I only made 2 pulls on the dyno (in a hurry..last one out ..and can you believe , they still put another car in front of me,, talking about losing patience) and they still charged me full price! He said he would cut me slack next time. BS

do you think that maybe your dyno is inaccurate because of the hose collapse? I feel you should have pulled more hp
Old Mar 17, 2004, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

They used the wrong hose to go from the boost controller to the actuator. It looks like some type of surgical Hose, it collapses as soon as it tryes to hold 20 p.s.i.
I only made 2 pulls on the dyno (in a hurry..last one out ..and can you believe , they still put another car in front of me,, talking about losing patience) and they still charged me full price! He said he would cut me slack next time. BS

Turbocharger's workmanship and customer service is the worst i have ever seen in any performance shop. They half-assed your boost controller install and spent about a total of 2 minutes tuning both evo's with SAFC on the dyno.....and they had the ***** to charge you guys full price!

The only thing that shop is good for is their AWD dyno.

Last edited by Lowness; Mar 17, 2004 at 12:38 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 08:17 AM

hehe hec-yes i think u should take that turbocharger sign off your car and we'll put Evo-Speed there instead

personally i dont like the service either but they have the only all wheel drive dyno
Old Mar 17, 2004, 12:51 PM

The sign comes OFF!! Believe it or not , this morning the super afc didn't come on and the check engine light came on again. The wiring the guy did was completely ghetto with loose connections and wires hanging everywhere. aparently it lost current and cut off. (complete SUCTION!)Will the panel under the glove box go back on? Will the settings on the s-afm stay the same after it comes back on? I'm a little pissed! I would buy an all wheel drive dyno if I new it would pay for itself just so I wouldn't have to go back!

I'm ready for a little boost now, and if I get that, will I have to get the car dynoed again? I'm open to any boost suggestions.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by hec-yes
The sign comes OFF!! Believe it or not , this morning the super afc didn't come on and the check engine light came on again. The wiring the guy did was completely ghetto with loose connections and wires hanging everywhere. aparently it lost current and cut off. (complete SUCTION!)Will the panel under the glove box go back on? Will the settings on the s-afm stay the same after it comes back on? I'm a little pissed! I would buy an all wheel drive dyno if I new it would pay for itself just so I wouldn't have to go back!

I'm ready for a little boost now, and if I get that, will I have to get the car dynoed again? I'm open to any boost suggestions.
well u know where to come to to install the s-afc hehe