Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Poker Night???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2004, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poker Night???

Who, in this NC area, would be interested in having a POKER NIGHT. Say, about a 40 dollar buy in to play and winner keeps the winnings. Hang out, eat some snacks, drink some beer, and have some gamble'n fun. Watching the ESPN Poker thing has got me wound up. I live in Raleigh/Durham area...but we'll prob hold this at Tim's house in Cary since he has a more appealing casa for this event. Post up if interested.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

I'll come and chill, but I can't gamble no money away or my girl will kill me! I can come chill at Tim's house. I don't think we have anything going on, but as long as I don't have to work, I'm cool! I get off at 9 Friday night and I don't work Sat. but have to be home in the afternoon to take care of some stuff before work on Sunday.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

TOO bad ur not from JERSEY
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

im down, been trying to get a poker ring going for a while.. i bet bigric would be able to bring some fayetville people here as long as we travel there for some poker as well
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

dude, we have to play couple games for no money to get better first, i don't know about you but i haven't played poker in a long time
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

haha... ill play one or two with you before we go all out. i have been playing poker for about a year now so im game whenever... either way im down for some poker soon!!!!!!
Old Oct 5, 2004, 08:42 PM

damnit why cant this be in greenville
Old Oct 6, 2004, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this all sounds great and im sure i could get a few takers to come but this weekend is bad for me, my girl has her sis comin in from NY and we have a bunch of plans... normally we play every weekend here though, texas hold-em. i have a set of about 400 clay chips 4 colors... my partner has another 400 clay chips, same colors same style... you guys are more than welcome to come down and play if you like, let me know when you want to do this in advance, just not this weekend, we can set up 2 tables and get playing, pick up a keg order some pizza and lose some money... normally when we play we have at least 7 sometimes 9 or 10 playing... texas holdem just like on TV and we split the pot, 2nd place takes 40 and the winner takes the rest. we dont do the small blind big blind, people get confused, so we play ante goes up every 30 min. start out at 5 and goes up by 5 every 30 min.... its a good time. you dont need much practice to play, only need to learn what beats what and maybe read up on the odds of certain hands, and then learn how hold em is played. let me know when and if you want to do this and i will see what i can get together.

and thanks for the link raleigh, i'd a prolly missed it!
Old Oct 6, 2004, 06:29 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
$40 buy in? that's fairely big. Whenever we play, it's usually $10 and then it goes up from there.

I love clay chips.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 07:36 AM

Poker sounds good! I had couple friends over my place last week. Our usual buy in is 20 and anyone can cash out when he wants. Since the game might last over 5 hours, you don't want to be stuck in that situation. Let me know when and where and I will try to make it.

- gundamz
Old Oct 6, 2004, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

i'm down but 40 is too high for my blood....i love poker, use to play alll the time
Old Oct 6, 2004, 03:53 PM

We can figure out a certain buy in later. I was just sayin 40. 20? is that reasonable. How bout next Saturday night or Sunday night. Easier if it's BYOB/BYOL. Tim, is it straight to have this at your place since it's all party favorable.
Old Oct 6, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

we can throw it at my house i dont care. I never mind playing host at my house.. would just need another card table. bc my kitchen table only seats 4
Old Oct 7, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, this could be good, we usually play 20 buy in, but no leaving, no cashing out, its all in or all sittin on the side watching ... usually with 8 to 10 people we are done in 4 or 5 hours... drunk, either have money or dont, happy and hopefully on the way to get some nay nay
Old Oct 7, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, this whole college thing is starting to impede upon my evo life. hehe. Wish i could come play some texas holdem with you guys but once again appalachian's got me stuck in Boone, but have fun and don't get too sloshy haha.

Quick Reply: Poker Night???