Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

any evo's in the ft walton beach area?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2004, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any evo's in the ft walton beach and surrounding area?

im moving to flordia in june of 2006 i know it sounds like quite some time away, but i have to go to korea b4 i get to fla . I WILL be buying an evo as soon as i get there and wanted to get into the car scene again. just wanted to see how many evo's are out there and maybe get a chance to get to know a couple of u guy's in advance. ill be new to the area so hopefully someone could show me the ropes of fla. i have been watching this site for over a year now, i finally got off my butt and registered(got sick of being a spectator here). not a day goes by that i dont think about 2006 and buying my lancer evo9 ................(daydreams)..........

Last edited by Synter; Dec 25, 2004 at 11:42 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2005, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Jul 10, 2005, 08:11 AM

Wow, yeah you got a lot of time left dude I'm new to the area too, but right now I'm in Jacksonville cuz of the Hurricane. I guess just keep checking these forums and also:

www.racingpensacola.com
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

there are quiet a few in the pcola area but like dan said there is a hurricane coming and everyone is pretty much gone
Old Jul 11, 2005, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LNCRES2
there are quiet a few in the pcola area but like dan said there is a hurricane coming and everyone is pretty much gone
Hope every thing turns out ok for you guys. My wife was suppose to go down to Eglin and pick up house hold goods but since they evacuated everyone she had to reschedule.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

everything is good over in penscola for the most part i just got to drive almost 30hrs in a week (pensacola to springfield illinois and back)
Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

I take it that's your hometown? In that case your 45mins away from where i use to live. The armpit of IL, Decatur.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

yea I know where thats at btw you got a pm
Old Jul 14, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

So how's the car scene down there? And is the track that's about 20min's from eglin any good?
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

its a 1/8th mile track out in BFE Ive never ran so maybe the guys can put in their input but there is a nice car scene here evo group is pretty laid back but there are the idiots and show offs if you intrested in the car scene in the area check out racingpensacola.com most of us are over there also
Old Jul 16, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LNCRES2
its a 1/8th mile track out in BFE Ive never ran so maybe the guys can put in their input but there is a nice car scene here evo group is pretty laid back but there are the idiots and show offs if you intrested in the car scene in the area check out racingpensacola.com most of us are over there also
Definatley wanting to get back into the car scene. I'll post up some picture's of my last car i had (96 mitsu eclipse) With about 15,000 invested all exterior work tho not much engine mod's. BTW what dealerships are the guy's buying there evo's at. Any recommendation's on where to go/not go? Any information any one could give i'd appricate. Thanks in advance. I'll be sure to post up in the website.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

well here it is these pictures were taken in 2002 and the other one in 2004. Sherwin Williams green/purple chamelaeon color, Vis full body kit, shaved door handles w/35lb poppers, seam sealed rear bumper, one of a kind custom molded turbo spolier(just built up from the original spoiler) clear head and tail lights, 225/40/R18 kumho tires and focal rims. the pictures were scanned and not taken with a digi camera i kick my self in the *** for not having better pictures seeing how i sold the car. short ram intake, nogly ignition coil amplifiers w 8mm wires and bosch platinum 4 plugs. upper front and rear strut bar's. carbon fiber dash kit. it's a 96 rs(non-turbo). the car was all show and no go, sold it because it was my daily driver and the up keep on the maintance w/ the paint was burning a hole in my pocket. if the paint got scratch a i would have to paint the whole panel not just a section the paint wouldnt blend right. Paint back then was about $400 a pint. I sure do miss it tho.
Attached Thumbnails any evo's in the ft walton beach area?-mychamelaeoneclipse.jpg   any evo's in the ft walton beach area?-eclipse.jpg  
Old Jul 17, 2005, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

looks nice a lil flashy but i bet it turned some heads
Old Jul 17, 2005, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

ya i know like i said all show and no go, i was more into look's than go fast parts but when i get my 9 it's all performance .
Old Jul 17, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

The track here is pretty good , but its only an 1/8th we need a local 1/4 mile. The dealer everyone (for the most part) bought their EVO's from is Pete Moore in Pensacola. When you get in town I am sure we can get you hooked up. Take it easy.

Jeremiah