Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Dragon Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:12 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Arrow Dragon Meet

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=677116

So this is really going down.

Dragon is a road that has 318 curves within 11 miles.

We may have few random showers this weekend (friday, saturday) but I think it wont be that bad.

All the info is included in the thread above.

There is one group of people going up at 6 pm friday night and spending the night there.

They will meet at the TOPSPEED at 6pm sharp. (Jan 7th)

The other group will be meeting up in Barrett Parkway, specifically the Starbucks parking lot on Saturday Morning at 12pm to go up there taking 575 north. (Jan 8th)

Anyone with questions, contact me or contact person above.

I'll be leaving with a group of people on Saturday. Estimated Time of Travel will be around 2 to 3 hours.

So you could meet up with either of the group.

We'll have a get together party on Saturday night and I think this will be a great opportunity to check out the dragon as a group/community.

I hope you guys could make it and we'll have some fun.

Also, There is a meeting at Varsity (atl) on Thursday night around 8pm. That's going to be basically all cars (VW's meeting there).

Anyone wants to show up, you guys can.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:17 AM
Account Disabled

Oh, On saturday crew, I haven't really made the time yet. The hotel meeting is at 9am Saturday, so we may change the time from 12pm to bit earlier to catch up with the first group.

I'll update as we go.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm game. if anyone from AL wants to come let me know. I've got a few cars coming w/ me, we will be going up on Sat. morning.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Hey ill show up if you guys are gonna be up here. Keep this thread alive and updated til then.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

oh and weather has been nice around this area lately.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

hahaahh repost!!!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

where is the other thread then?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 08:45 AM
Account Disabled

^ I think they posted back in november or something, maybe december.

I don't think anyone remembers about that post, I'm not even sure if that's there anymore?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:10 AM

I say we leave early sat. morning so we can meet up w/ the others that are already going to be there, and drive the mountains w/ them.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

where close to the dragon are you guys going to meet up? That would be kool for us that are already here in the area so maybe you can get alittle mini evo meet or something before you hit the dragon.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

yea i have made numerous posts about meets to the dragon and even one about a huge meet in the spring and even posted the offical meeting schedule at the dragon...but i gave up coordating any big meets since it a pain and half dont show and i have to constantly keep on you boys to do anything in regards to meets...and since i dont even drive a lancer any more thanks to some jerk in a 350z (atleast i got to go to the dragon the day after my wreck)

also i work 65hrs a week so i runnin short on time anyway and i gonna wait till the spring to go when steve comes down..he should be getting the evo tuned again with shiv in mid april so it should be pushin at the wheel 400 hp by then so it should be a fun ride and maybe i will have my 95 awd tsi done and i can bring that down as well
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
where close to the dragon are you guys going to meet up? That would be kool for us that are already here in the area so maybe you can get alittle mini evo meet or something before you hit the dragon.
why don't u just drive the dragon w/ us?? we will be leaving early to drive it so i don't think there will be time for a meet before. or we can meet up afterwards, there is talk of a party sat. night at the hotel.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

no i will be at the dragon, i was just saying meetup at the dragon before hand, on one end you have the Tapico Lodge area would be a good meeting spot, then midways you have a overlook, and the other TN end you have the dam and other areas.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 03:10 PM
Account Disabled

I think we could cordinate some sort of meeting on saturday at the dragon itself and have the hotel party as a seperate thing.

The First group is leaving on friday and getting out to dragon on saturday morning and we're leaving on saturday morning.

I'm not that familiar with it but a nice meeting spot in the middle would be nice.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Fiesty882
yea i have made numerous posts about meets to the dragon and even one about a huge meet in the spring and even posted the offical meeting schedule at the dragon...but i gave up coordating any big meets since it a pain and half dont show and i have to constantly keep on you boys to do anything in regards to meets...and since i dont even drive a lancer any more thanks to some jerk in a 350z (atleast i got to go to the dragon the day after my wreck)

also i work 65hrs a week so i runnin short on time anyway and i gonna wait till the spring to go when steve comes down..he should be getting the evo tuned again with shiv in mid april so it should be pushin at the wheel 400 hp by then so it should be a fun ride and maybe i will have my 95 awd tsi done and i can bring that down as well
give it up. go back to "off-topic" and gang bang or something.

AWD only at this meeting. lol j/k.

Quick Reply: Dragon Meet