Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Warning: Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanna know why though, It can't be a mod.......
The only wire change is an 02 sim. I've got the dealer optional gage pack, does everyone else? Something is getting water on it or something.
-James
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Is Jeff the older guy, likes to talk alot, kinda southern? If so, I've delt with him before and they were pretty good to me. The only think I didnt like was when I took my car there to get all my recall stuff done and the tech and documented on the work order what I had done to the car.(what he could find) It was stupid things like "car has no catalytic converter and no check engine light, ECU has most likely been reprogrammed". I told the service manager that my ECU had never been programmed and pointed out the easy sparkplug antifouler fix. Ed voyles is ok for the most part.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

rick case mitsu rox, thats where I bought my evo from and they have been pretty good about aftermarket stuff. I get my oil changed there every three thousand miles and they just always tells me if I ever have to get something fixed under warranty, just make sure and bring me the car stock. It is kind of a pain in the *** to put it back to stock, but at least they are cool enough to be honest and tell me.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:58 AM
Account Disabled

The best tech quit Ed Voyles, now they suck.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by 2literturbos
I wanna know why though, It can't be a mod.......
The only wire change is an 02 sim. I've got the dealer optional gage pack, does everyone else? Something is getting water on it or something.
-James
Me too - I have aftermarket gauges, so I'm wondering about that too.. but you said a 25 fuse has taken care of the problem, even in bad rain?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a hard time convincing the Ed Voyles people that I had free scheduled service with my MR. They kept insisting that the free scheduled maintenance did not include oil changes..... Anyway, they are not too knowledgeable about EVOs by their own admission and they did not realize that the EVO has different scheduled maintenance than the other Mitsu cars.... Eventually they got it straightened out and they serviced my car for free ......
I was a little concerned about the whole thing though... The fact they did not know and could not figure out such a simple thing right away gives me doubts about the rest of the operation. I also was less than impressed by their Mitsu service department..... I saw it and it's very primitive, small, disorganized, dirty, etc. I know that does not mean the techs are not good, but it made me have serious concern about how they'd treat and maintain my car.....
BTW, I just discovered that a plastic trim piece (the pax side windshiled post) does not fit right and looks like ****, I hope I can get one of the dealers around here to take care of it.... Wish me luck....
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
Me too - I have aftermarket gauges, so I'm wondering about that too.. but you said a 25 fuse has taken care of the problem, even in bad rain?
I haven't had the problem again, though I felt something strange the last time it rained real hard, could have been my imagination or it was the car acting sluggish due to electrical power loss for a brief moment but nothing for 6 months now.
-James
Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:20 PM

dang, just got back into town and i have to hear this? im supposed to go get my clutch replaced tomorrow. im going thru jeff, and his guys. you guys think he'll give me crap about my intake, and d-pipe? they are supposed to fix it under warranty. its the intake im worried about. they already know about the d-pipe.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 10:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey undercover, i wouldn't take your car to get your transmission replaced at ed voyle.

i wouldn't trust them to do a good job on it. Are you getting stock or not?

i heard the master mech left ed voyle. Only place I would trust is BIll Penney in Huntsville AL, or O brian (maybe) in atlanta.

other then that, i would take it to a shop. Topspeed could do it, talk to Doug, Knowledge performance, and Batlground (possibly) could do them.

I know for sure, Doug's done it about 10 times.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:22 AM

id like doug to do it but my car wont make it out to top speed + i havent the money yet and im drivin down to miami any day now for a week or so
Old Feb 24, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by undercoverevo
dang, just got back into town and i have to hear this? im supposed to go get my clutch replaced tomorrow. im going thru jeff, and his guys. you guys think he'll give me crap about my intake, and d-pipe? they are supposed to fix it under warranty. its the intake im worried about. they already know about the d-pipe.
You are getting a clutch replaced under warranty??? That's very unusual, things like clutches, brake pads and other wear items are generally never replaced under warranty. Also, if you have any mods such as those you mention, it's highly likely that they'll refuse to do any work on your car under warranty........ I could be wrong, but I just don't see how they'd do a clutch under warranty, let alone in a modified car.....
Old Feb 24, 2005, 07:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
his car is fairely stock. I think the dealership is looking at it...

but yeh, Clutch is almost never under warranty, unless you have very low miles or it's doing something funny. This is just about any dealerships.