Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Warning: Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning: Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA

[SIZE=3]Watch out for these guys: They are ripoff scam artists.[/SIZE]

So the story goes: I have a short in my electrical system somewhere, and only when it's POURING rain, one of my fuses goes. It happened about 3 months earlier, and then again last night. Unsure of which fuse was blown, cold, wet and miserable, I called Roadside Assistance and they towed it over to Ed Voyles Mitsubishi in Marietta, off Cobb Parkway. I leave the keys in the dropbox and write a note saying that there's a blown fuse, and not to test drive it. I don't trust mechanics to not rag my car out, hehe.

Around 8:30 in the morning I wake up and call them - Jeff was the guy's name that had my car - and he said that he hadn't had a chance to look at it yet, but he'd call me back in a little bit. 1pm rolls around and no call from Jeff, so I call him. He says it's not a fuse, that his master tech checked all my fuses and they were fine, so it was something in the engine. He then told me that I needed to come down there to sign an authorization that would allow them to open the engine, poke around, and try and figure out what's wrong.

Mind you - through all this I'm insisting that it's a fuse, because it's happened before, and he's telling me I'm wrong. He said that I have a lot of aftermarket parts on the car, and they are probably what's caused my engine to fail. I said, like what - he says "Well, you have an intake." Then I get pissed and tell him "It's a blown fuse - so have fun trying to explain to me how an intake blew out a fuse."

Long story short, I go up there, argue with the guy for a few, then call a tow truck to take it over to Mike who works at Rick Case off Alpharetta highway. Not less than two minutes, a fuse tester, and a replacement fuse later - he has the car started, points out which fuse is blowing on me, and gives me a handful of replacement ones until I can find what's shorting out my system.

So I call ol' Jeff and say "Hi, remember the black Evo?" "Yes." "You hear that? *holds phone to running engine" "Yes...." "Well that's my car running. It was a fuse. I TOLD YOU SO, *****!" *click*.

That's been my day today. I need a beer.

PS: Thank you so much to Tray and Doug for the help, and Sung & Ryan for being willing to drop everything to come get me when I got stuck - I appreciate it, guys.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

I've blown that same fuse twice as well for the same reason...............
The 20 amp under the hood, one of the engine fuses right. Man I can't figure out what the hell causes that but I did it twice and I tossed a 25 in there and haven't had it happen again.
-James
Old Feb 21, 2005, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

So sad to hear they would do you like that. You would think they would have checked the fuses. But it sounds like to me they either where inept or wanting to rip you off. I would have Ed Voyles himself on the phone ASAP instead of hanging up on them and contact the better business burea as well. Mitsubishi does not thief's in there dealerships so contact corporate as well. Maybe you can prevent the next guy who is not as mechanically inclined by taking this action.
And of course glad your car is fixed maybe you can one day find the Gremlin that's causing your fuse to blow.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:21 PM

I agree with MYEVOVIII, start a complaint with the BBB, you can do it online.

http://complaint.bbb.org/(ledepf45hh...)/Default.aspx

Go Tiger and kill them!!!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:44 PM

James - Yes, that's the one. No clue here, either - I may take your advice and put a 25 one in there, see if that helps.

And I already called and spoke to the service manager about my concerns, but I'll start a complaint with the BBB too. I may not be Italian, Gio - but I can be an a$$hole too, bwahaha!

MYEVOVIII - They told me that they checked all the fuses, but that they were all fine. Which was a bold-faced lie to my face, since the fuse was infact blown, hehe.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

dude i've had same experience but hea in IL...but with dif prob tho...i dropped my car off cuz my window was crackling...and the guy calls me the next day saying i have lose stuff in my car so he cant hear the noise...its like take the damn screwdriver out the glove box and test drive it...but no...these a$$es r soo lazy...damn sry 2 take ur forum
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i had a great experience with Jeff. He really worked hard to get my stuff fixed, repaired and replaced under warranty. Ed Voyle tend to not be as good in Technical side of the car as the other items. I think Jeff is new. I'm glad he's there because the other guy was an idiot.

He'll treat you great, if you treat him good.

On the other hand, mike at Rick Case, he bold face lied to me that my brakes were bleed, when matter of fact, it wasn't bleed at all! on a rainy day without brakes/spongy brakes, is not only life threatening but plain out illegal for them to have me go out like that.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you just have to take the dealership experience with a grain of salt in atlanta area.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 05:16 AM

It would be great to have 25 EVO's converge on Voyels ,call out the manager and flat out tell him they lost all our potential business.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You knew it was a fuse and you couldn't check all the fuses yourself?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gold City EVO
It would be great to have 25 EVO's converge on Voyels ,call out the manager and flat out tell him they lost all our potential business.

LOL That'll be fun!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

*** holes i hate dumb people
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
You knew it was a fuse and you couldn't check all the fuses yourself?
errr, no. it was 1am. cold. rainy. i had been in the car for 10 hours, and i had two dogs in the car. plus no flashlight or tweezers to get the fuses out. after about 30 minutes of trying i gave up.

Last edited by Dragonfly5338; Feb 22, 2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well hell, leave that junk and come back in the morning. or, def don't pay to have it towed to another shop without going to check the fuses yourself man....geez
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:28 AM

LOL, leave that junk on the side of the road and come back in the morning? I don't leave my car anywhere, especially on the side of a busy road. And come back with what ride, my dear? And I don't pay for towing, between roadside assistance and AAA.

Anyways, thanks for all your helpful advice on what I could have done (note the sarcasm?) but it's all said and done now, I have a pocketful of fuses and I know which one is blowing on me.

Quick Reply: Warning: Ed Voyles in Marietta, GA