Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Evo-Ga: March 12 @ Topspeed BBQ @ DynoFlash tuning.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2005, 07:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeh, Doug's done a lot of clutch jobs.

From what I heard you guys had a fantastic time there. I'm glad everything went well for Topspeed and Dynoflash and all the owners involved in the meeting.

Great job! A++++

i should of skipped work to go.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BadazzCR
I would like to thank everyone that came by today. Today was a great day for the SE. Al did a great job, we had good food from the master bbq' r, great company, nice cars and every one was extremly happy. We are allready in the works of setting up another dynoflash day in a few months for the guys who did not get a chance to get a custom tune or do some extra mods and would like another custom tune.

Again thank you for showing up and supporting our efforts to bring the SE a first class shop to get your car worked on.

P.S what does everyone think about having an EVO vs STi shoot out here in the SE. We were talking about maybe setting it for later in the year and think that there is a strong evo/sti community in the SE and think it would be a huge event.

Thanks,

I'm down for Al coming down in a few months. I would most likely get a custom tune. Keep me posted on it!

Ta
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

I had a blast. Thanks to Al for making me top dog for the day, and thanks to topspeed for hosting the event.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gadsmevo
I had a blast. Thanks to Al for making me top dog for the day, and thanks to topspeed for hosting the event.

Which Evo was yours?

And where did all these Evo's come from? I didn't reconize over half of the faces!
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

blue one out front i believe.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importmonkey
blue one out front i believe.

which blue one? lol

Eh Val, what kinda numbers did you make? I see you made the 300 club. I told you so!
Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

I was the blue one parked out front. I was the first one to go in the morning so not a lot of people got to see my runs. I ended 340hp 321tw on pump 365hp 350tq on some race gas.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:03 PM

i got like 300 something hp/ 317 tq on race gas. not sure about the exact numbers, i was more concerned about my air/fuel, LOL! just under 300 hp / 307 tq on pump - my downpipe is choking my car, hehe. it's gotta go!!!!! if i had a full turbo back i'm sure i could have broken 320hp/tq.

soon, soon...
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
i got like 300 something hp/ 317 tq on race gas. not sure about the exact numbers, i was more concerned about my air/fuel, LOL! just under 300 hp / 307 tq on pump - my downpipe is choking my car, hehe. it's gotta go!!!!! if i had a full turbo back i'm sure i could have broken 320hp/tq.

soon, soon...

Is that because of the ems or just the flash? It was a base flash right? Damn...I gotta get me a flash too!!

gadsmevo - what mods do you have?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

It was a nice turn out at TS... lots of Evos and STi's as well. Even had my buddy with a turbo 'teg come out. Was nice to see the shop and was suprised how friendly everyone was. Got some good advice from the people at TS too. I ended up dyno'n very late at night, right before Val's car... and needless to say, I'm quite embarassed of my dyno chart. Had knock problems everywhere causing the ECU to pull a lot of timing... making for really crappy numbers... but I still managed to dyno over 300whp with lots of timing being pulled...

Just fixed my knock and detonation problems yesterday with 2 new UTEC maps... would love to dyno again to make sure my a/f ratio's are somewhere under 12... and so I can stop cursing at my horrible dyno sheet... maybe after my cams next week?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:38 AM

I had a great time and met some really cool people! It was a 3 hour trip from Alabama, hope my puppy (Big one) didn't scare anyone.

I would be down for another "Dynoflash" meeting. Topspeed, you guys have a great shop and awesome attitudes. Have you ever thought of having a Dyno weekend, maybe like once a month for people putting mods on to see where their cars are at?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 04:46 PM

I was up there with gadsmevo. Definitely a good time. As usual, Top Speed rolls out the red carpet for us. Hope everyone liked the burgers I cooked with G. And congrats to gadsmevo for the impressive stock turbo numbers.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
Is that because of the ems or just the flash? It was a base flash right? Damn...I gotta get me a flash too!!

gadsmevo - what mods do you have?

That was just with the flash. We took the AEM out when it got on the dyno and put it back in Zorro, hehe.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by paulblackgsx
I was up there with gadsmevo. Definitely a good time. As usual, Top Speed rolls out the red carpet for us. Hope everyone liked the burgers I cooked with G. And congrats to gadsmevo for the impressive stock turbo numbers.
Paul thank you for your help , you have been a great cook and now you know my "secret" recipe
Old Mar 15, 2005, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver II
I had a great time and met some really cool people! It was a 3 hour trip from Alabama, hope my puppy (Big one) didn't scare anyone.

I would be down for another "Dynoflash" meeting. Topspeed, you guys have a great shop and awesome attitudes. Have you ever thought of having a Dyno weekend, maybe like once a month for people putting mods on to see where their cars are at?
Yes I think we have a Dyno weekend almost every two weeks (so far we recorded over 650 pulls on our dyno in 2 months!!!)
BTW this weekend we will dyno 19 cars in one day!!!

Quick Reply: Evo-Ga: March 12 @ Topspeed BBQ @ DynoFlash tuning.