Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Info on Solo II Auto Cross///Atlanta region

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2005, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Info on Solo II Auto Cross///Atlanta region

For those of you who's interested in participating, or been doing it for a while, (I think everyone should do this on regular bases, if not for points, for learning how to drive better in harsh driving situations/emergency situations), here are some info.

The rules

http://www.apexbenefits.biz/GCF-even...%20control.htm

The schedule

For Evolutions owners club of GA members, we will be attending a lot of this under Racers Unlimited program

Some of the changes are that you have to pre-register online in order for you to attend these meetings and run. Goto this site to create your account and register.

http://www.joesvideos.com/scca_reg/register.py

Goto Event List after you validate your account. Then click on the event. Go to the bottom of the page and the event should be open for registration.

The price went up as well from last year. they are for SCCA members : $25, and non members: $35. This is for the SCCA points race events.

The more or less club races are a lot cheaper at $20.

The annual nationa due for this year is $55 + your regional due for the SCCA membership.

And be kind and work before or after you go. I see a lot of people just leave after their runs, but working isn't that bad. you get a lot of pointers when you're working on what works and what doesn't.

when you come to the events, please take all the crap out of your car that could fly and hurt you, including all the carpets.

And bring your magnetic number or some masking tape to put the number in. That and you'll be required a Snell approved and Dot approved helmet. they usually have a loaner, but you could get your own for under $100 shipped, so it's a good investment. Commerce also requires you to wear a helmet, if you're in the low 13's or in 13's... stupid rule, but you could use it drag and auto x.

get the motorcycle ones. They work just as well as the auto helmets, but tons lot less expensive.

I run the ESP (E street prepared) class, but Stock will run the AS (A Stock class).

If you don't have a permanant number, they could always get you one. Just pick one to see if it's open.

another new thing is fairely stupid for atlanta region. Due to the neighborhoods around the gwinett faire ground co, noise level of your car must be below 96 db. otherwise I think they'll kick you out. There are monitoring stations setup 50 ft of the event location to monitor the decimal level. So you may want to put your silencers on or put a pipe inside your muffler to dampen the noise.

By the way, the legal db is 95 db and under for the street.

You could always goto SCCA.ORG for all the informations. Look for Solo II, that's the auto cross.

This may help most of the new people.

http://www.forinash.net/~jdf/scca/novice.html

I'll put some more info up as soon as I get some.

Everyone is welcome to put your input on this thread.

Last edited by plokivos; Mar 13, 2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a great deal for the information! Have never been to an event yet but look forward to trying it out . Seems like a blast. Look forward to meeting you.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:49 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by rook
Thanks a great deal for the information! Have never been to an event yet but look forward to trying it out . Seems like a blast. Look forward to meeting you.
You'll love it!

Old Mar 14, 2005, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

plokivos, were you there for points race #1? I was in the white evo if you were.

Devin
Old Mar 14, 2005, 08:18 PM
Account Disabled

hey devin, yeh, i was there. unfortunately i couldn't run, because of the ghey online registration crap.

I went to the site where I"m suppose to register and non of them are open.

anyway, i saw your car.

i like the sticker you had on the back. "student driver" lol

i don't know why, but that was halarious.

are you coming to the meeting? it's this saturday.

hope you could make it.

if not, i'll see you at the next race.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Wish I could, but it's spring break and I'll be back home. Will definatly make the next one though and I'll be at the majority of the ATL points races before the summer, hopefully. See you there

Also, if you could just send me all the info covered via email (dclancy@clemson.edu) that would be wonderful. Thanks.

Devin

Last edited by Solo Evo; Mar 14, 2005 at 10:15 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:15 PM
Account Disabled

yeh, i'll get that to ya. man, i didn't know that was you on the email. small world.

Originally Posted by Solo Evo
Wish I could, but it's spring break and I'll be back home. Will definatly make the next one though and I'll be at the majority of the ATL points races before the summer, hopefully. See you there

Also, if you could just send me all the info covered via email (dclancy@clemson.edu) that would be wonderful. Thanks.

Devin