Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

South Florida Neon (SRT-4) Drivers.... lol... PSSSTTTT!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is all too funny to me. I give plenty of respect to SRT4s (THE CAR...well the engine)

Just as a heads up though the EVO has been around longer than the lancer, so your statement about the EVO being a supped up lancer is incorrect. The EVO was developed for WRC. The SRT4 was developed to hit a demographic that could not afford cars like the STi and EVO. That is a FACT.

In addition the EVO is over 6 inches wider than a lancer, and shares only a few major parts as a lancer. (Dash, door handles, trunk lid, and a few others)

The bottom line is the EVO, STI, and even the Z share a racing heritage and a good deal of history as being "Sports cars". The SRT 4 has a heritage of nothing race related what so ever. Its entire purpose for development was not to win a WRC cup, or a JGTC championship. It was made for people who can not afford the cars that were.

Once again I completely respect the fact that SRTs can and HAVE blown away EVOS, STis, and Zs. That is not in question what so ever! The technology in it's motor is superb and should not be taken lightly by a competitor.

The reason the car does not earn respect is because they seem to be predominantly driven by younger individuals that tend to be a bit inmature when it comes to the motorsports scene. NOTE: THIS IS NOT TRUE IN ALL CASES, AND I STRESS THAT! But it seems to be a recurring thing that is noticed by many automotive enthusiasts.

In response to your statement about EVO owners thinking that they own cars that are GODs gift to mankind. I will say for sure that it isn't Gods gift to mankind! But it is Gods gift to WRC for 2006!

- Respectfully yours -
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Talking well

Originally Posted by outsider
SFL Guys:

It seems to me that every SINGLE time I pass by any SRT-4 (anywhere, other side of the road, parking lot, etc...) they seem to have the urge to rev up the engine and let me hear their BOV.... lol...

I've grown accousted to every single of them having an obssesion for this... does this happen to you guys aswell? I just find it funny since I'll normally be crusing along and the sight of my car seems to always get these guys panties in a bunch. Dosen't happen with other fellow EVO drivers or WRX guys.... its always the Neon drivers! Lol... anyway... let me know your experiences.
I go to a car metting every wenesday at brandon.... they are about 15 or some times more and I'm pretty much the only evo must of the times... some of them repect my car but there are some that just don't get it... I been invited them to go to the track but they never go and they only race from the role .. but I don't race them anyway because I don't race illegal so some of them know that I'm runing high 11's so they don't mess with me.. but anyway some of the are cool so I don't pay attention to the talking trash ones

juan carlos
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

SRT-4s are cute lol they look like a happy car from the front like its smiling or something!!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Here in los angelas county i also run into srt4s dat do that but its not just them. I had a CTS v series rev at me, a bunch of ricers, camaros and lots of mustangs. For some reason they get the itch in their feet to step on the pedal when they see the evo, sometimes it gets fing annoying. Some 2g Eclispes too =| pssssssst

But then again like someone else said earlier.. it could just be a friendly hello, although i dont really look at it that way. It seems like they want to race

Last edited by turtlelancer; Jul 11, 2005 at 10:38 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

i get the same thing and then they stare me down ( not in the good way) so tell me how that is hello. i finally got ahold of one of the guys and talked to him. me and him are good friends now. so not all of them are ***'s just most of them.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Well, let me clarify a few points (from my opinion anyway...)

What makes the SRT-4 drivers stick out is the fact this seems to happen almost every single time.... and they accompany their BOV/rev happiness by a stare down. I have seen a couple of SRT4 drivers who were complimentary, but they are the exception, not the rule.

I actually like the SRT4, I think what Dodge did with the Neon to transform it into the SRT4 is great. It’s a powerful little car for a small price tag. The Mopar support they also get is also a nice benefit. I myself wouldn't buy it; I wanted something with more finesse and more of a great overall car. I bought an EVO. That doesn’t mean I don’t respect other makes. I’m a fan of all types of different cars.

And yes, there are dicky EVO, STI, 350Z/G35, etc drivers…. But most of the SRT4 guys are the ones to stick out.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

i have to agree.... i dont have my evo yet (sept). but my sisters boy friend has one and everytime we pass an SRT all they want to do is show off the BOV, and the said thing is that there is like a little mofia of them running around my home town tring to bully other cars. But the thing about that is that mommy and daddy bought the car for them so they are 17-19 and they have no respcet for other cars or the import or racing commuinty.

I will admit i have an 03 OZ, if i see a a nice car(import or domestic) ill pipe just to hear the engine or race anything on 4 wheels weather its a fellow lancer or if its a porsch or vette just to see it run. they might be the same way but youll only now how they are if have take the time to talk to them
Old Jul 12, 2005, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

The SRT-4 is like the Honda Civic. They are cheap, can be modified for little cash, and are very easy to drive. I'm over in Italy right now and my Evo is back in the US. A couple of weekends ago, I was down in Naples where I saw an SRT-4 being driven by a US Military guy. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, because we were in my friend's Mitsubishi Galant on the opposite side of the road. I looked at his car, smiled, and started to say "nice car" as we drove by slow (we were both in "traffic-jam" style traffic. I was actually impressed to see one of these cars all the way over here in friggin' Europe. When I looked his way, he just stared us down like we were stupid punks that couldn't handle his coolness...or something. Get over it. I was going to complement him on his car, but he wanted to catch an attitude.

Sutpid car? No. Stupid driver? Yes.

I usually don't bash people because of what they drive - unless it's a Honda product - but the SRT guys sure are making a stereotypical name for themselves.

I've only met 3 SRT-4 drivers that seemed like they were after the same thing as me: Poon-Tang.

Last edited by 90GSX-03EVO; Jul 12, 2005 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Because I suck at grammar (grammer?)...and spelling, too.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by genimport
This is all too funny to me. I give plenty of respect to SRT4s (THE CAR...well the engine)

Just as a heads up though the EVO has been around longer than the lancer, so your statement about the EVO being a supped up lancer is incorrect. The EVO was developed for WRC. The SRT4 was developed to hit a demographic that could not afford cars like the STi and EVO. That is a FACT.

In addition the EVO is over 6 inches wider than a lancer, and shares only a few major parts as a lancer. (Dash, door handles, trunk lid, and a few others)

The bottom line is the EVO, STI, and even the Z share a racing heritage and a good deal of history as being "Sports cars". The SRT 4 has a heritage of nothing race related what so ever. Its entire purpose for development was not to win a WRC cup, or a JGTC championship. It was made for people who can not afford the cars that were.

Once again I completely respect the fact that SRTs can and HAVE blown away EVOS, STis, and Zs. That is not in question what so ever! The technology in it's motor is superb and should not be taken lightly by a competitor.

The reason the car does not earn respect is because they seem to be predominantly driven by younger individuals that tend to be a bit inmature when it comes to the motorsports scene. NOTE: THIS IS NOT TRUE IN ALL CASES, AND I STRESS THAT! But it seems to be a recurring thing that is noticed by many automotive enthusiasts.

In response to your statement about EVO owners thinking that they own cars that are GODs gift to mankind. I will say for sure that it isn't Gods gift to mankind! But it is Gods gift to WRC for 2006!

- Respectfully yours -
Ummm, last I checked it was called "Lancer Evolution 8," if you ask me then it IS a Lancer.

Agreed with the rest though (except the WRC comment because I really could care less).

Originally Posted by juancevo8
I go to a car metting every wenesday at brandon.... they are about 15 or some times more and I'm pretty much the only evo must of the times... some of them repect my car but there are some that just don't get it... I been invited them to go to the track but they never go and they only race from the role .. but I don't race them anyway because I don't race illegal so some of them know that I'm runing high 11's so they don't mess with me.. but anyway some of the are cool so I don't pay attention to the talking trash ones

juan carlos
exactly what I'm saying You are going to get idiot drivers regardless of what the car is. I hate the way it is automatically labelled as the SRT or Honda guys.....
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everytime a SRT-4 driver feels the urge to come by me and revs to show off his cracker jack BOV, I simply go by him and roll down my rear "power" windows and laugh. It gets them pissed off every time and I love it!
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kelmar
...tell that to the Z guys who are *****ing about the punk *** evo owners over on my350Z.com.

With that said this appears to be another thread just bashing on the srt-4.... Amazing how people never get sick of bashing on them

Hard not to bash on them when they are such a easy target!
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

^
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Kelmar]Ummm, last I checked it was called "Lancer Evolution 8," if you ask me then it IS a Lancer.

Ya might wanna check back into the history of the Evo prior to attempting to outsmart so many Evo owners.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

^Did I say anything about trying to outsmart anyone??? Thanks, that's what I thought. Reread the ENTIRE thread so you realize what my point is
Old Jul 12, 2005, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

But in all seriousness, there are quite a few of the SRT-4's around here and I have never had a single problem with any of them. We even roll together occasionally. I have no problem with the car, and have yet to have a problem with a driver. I just personally would not drive one, I bought my Evo for a reason. Because it is exactly what I wanted. Do I sound like it is God's gift to man when I talk about it? Probably. Is it? No of course not, there are more important things in life than cars.

Quick Reply: South Florida Neon (SRT-4) Drivers.... lol... PSSSTTTT!!!