Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Mitsus and Mopars super meet October 1-2 Daytona Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2005, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsus and Mopars super meet October 1-2 Daytona Beach

Hello everyone,
I'm here from 2G Stratus.org to share some information with you all. While planning our annual Florida meet we decided to join forces with the 3G Eclipse group,well one thing led to another and this is what we had planned and wanted to invite you to join us.
Heres the basics;
October 1-2 the Mopars & Mitsus club meet. In Daytona Beach Florida.
90-99 Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT
95-05 Neons and SRT 4's
89-97 Plymouth Laser,Eagle Talon and mitsubishi Eclipse
98-05 Mitsubishi Eclipse and Galants
All Mitsubishi Lancers and EVO's
86-89 Conquest/Starion,
95-00 Stratus,Cirrus,Breeze
95-00 Sebring and Avenger
01-05 Stratus and Sebring Coupes and sedans
Daytonas/Lasers
All respective clubs will be invited.

Saturday October 1 9:00 am Begins at Daytona USA located in front of Daytona International Speedway, All cars will begin to meet here.
10:30 am Group photo,then begin Speedway tour (depending on turnout we should get a group discount on this)
Noon ; Lunch @ Hooters
1:30 pm Vehicle parade to A1A ,Takeover upper level of parking garage and proceed to Daytona Lagoon, Waterpark, Gokart racing and laser tag.
5-7 pm open time, go to hotels and clean up,wash cars, check out Ocean Walk village.
7:00pm all cars meet at Resnick Park on A1A
7:30 PM A1A parade to Belaire Plaza/Ruby Tuesdays
8:00 PM Dinner and drinks at Ruby Tuesday after dinner we can have a glow and show contest,as well as most of the local daytona car clubs usually arrive around 9:00 pm.
11PM till ???? Meet at Fuel nightclub.

Sunday 2nd
10 Am: Meet at Lighthouse Point Park in Ponce inlet. There is a $3.50 charge per vehicle but we have the pavillion reserved for the day. This park has everyting, private beach,fishing from the jetty,nature trails,etc. there is also a marine center nearby. We can have a huge cookout (since the pavillion is ours) frisbee tournaments, maybe get a wiffle ball game together and of course lots of meeting and greeting and learning about all the cool rides.
5PM leave park and proceed to Inlet Harbor restaraunt. They have the outside deck with live reggae music and great burgers/wings and of course seafood.

This is still a tentative itenary and can change.
Please give input of what you think and if you think you'll be there, I will need a head count a least a month in advance to reserve the resturaunts and to establish our group rates.
I will also get some hotels and rates info for those that need it and post that soon as well as maps and directions to all these locations.
I am also working on some sponsors to provide trophies for some of the participants,details coming soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres some updated info on this show.
the GM of the Super 8 on International Speedway Blvd.,behind Denny's which is about 1/2 mile from Daytona USA and the track. is going to give every one a discount from 79.00 a night to 52 for a king and 49 for 2 doubles (The king room is a bit bigger) they have a pool and is right near 95 so its easy to find. He also said he can have designated parking for all the cars (roped off area) we just have to let him know.

this is the contact info, and photos of the place. Dont make your resevation through the website, call.
International Super 8
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...6&brandInfo=SE

This is looking to be huge and depending on turnout we may have to move to some larger facilities, We're currently trying to get some corporate sponsorships for this and if its succesful it will be an annual event.
Hope to meet some of you there, I'll be monitoring the thread and will be happy to answer any questions as well as keep you updated if there are any changes.

Last edited by stratusfied02; Aug 7, 2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 08:05 PM

Well we're getting close to showtime, Doesn't seem to be much interest from this community. Were trying to get some numbers together because some of the venues may change due to accomodation space,so if you are interested in coming to this,please let us know.
We'd love to have you guys and girls.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

I live in daytona and might be up for meeting a bunch of people.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 08:11 PM

UPDATE.
Hey everyone, Theres been some changes to the itenary of the event.
The saturday plans have switched to sunday,and the park location has switched due to lighthouse Pointe Park not being large enough to accomodate all attendees and they could not dedicate the whole park to us. So the calendar is as follows,
Saturday October 1st:
Meet at 9:00am at Deleon Springs State park. There is a $5 charge per car but they have more than enough parking to accomodate all of us. We also are going to meet for a pancake breakfast at 10 am. They let you cook your on pancakes right at the table,it's pretty cool.
The plan is to make a day of it, plenty of "shaded" parking so we can admire all the rides and not be in the blistering sun. They have the springs for swimming, there is canoe rentals, and we plan on doing some game events like wiffle ball,frisbee tournaments. Then a big BBQ for lunch.
We'll probably stay there till 4:00pm then back to the hotel (or wearever)for clean up.
We will remeet up between 7-8 pm at the Best Buy on International Speedway Blvd (across from the Speedway).
8:00PM we will roll out together and parade up ISB to A1A beachside,heading North to Ormond Beach and Belaire Plaza, dinner reservations are 9:00pm at Ruby Tuesdays. The local car clubs usually meet at Belaire on Saturday nights so we will probably see a few of them though there may not be much parking available for them.
11:00 pm rollout to Fuel nightclub for the nightcap.

Sunday October 2:
10:00am Meet at Daytona USA. Here we'll take our group photos and then the speedway tour will commence for those interested. Those that dont want the tour are welcome to join us at Speedway Park go-kart track across the street for some serious kart racing or some runs down Nitro Alley. depending on the head count for this, will determine our group discount.
1:00 pm Lunch at Hooters. Thier parkin lot is small and can only accomodate 54 cars,but there is plenty of overflow in the Best Buy lot next door.
After lunch there were 2 choices pending, Advance Auto Parts offered to throw a car show for us, but space is limited to 40 cars, they would provide raffle drawings and trophies as well as some other sponsors to give out some trophies, OR the original plan was to invade Daytona Lagoon waterpark for the rest of the afternoon. Though there have been some concerns over some of the lowered/kitted vehicles and parking in the garage. though we are trying to find alternative parking,we have as yet to come up with a viable solution.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 05:57 PM

Ok. We need some help here. Any members that are coming to this event,we need to know what you want to do on Sunday.
Those who want to enter thier car into the car show sponsored by Advance Auto Please post "SHOW". Those who want to do the waterpark,please post "PARK". That keeps it real simple. We are trying to finalize all the details now thats why we need the info. Remember the car show may/may not happen depending on the interest. They want a minimum of 20 cars though we have a maximum of 40. The show will be first signed up basis as there is limited space.
As far as the meet overall is concerned, Last count of all the car clubs invited to this meet ,we have 46 confirmed,and 22 maybes so far.
I'll have real detailed info when I get back from NOPI. I'll have exact meeting times and places,costs invoved (we're getting a better deal on the motel),and directions.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Let's do the show at Discount. I actually enjoyed going to the past few of them and would like to go again!

Keep me informed on this and I will get some people to come that qualify.

I'll deffinetly be out for this!
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone else interested?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:21 PM

Wow, Can't believe this is happening this weekend already. Heres the latest info.
We have been trying to get the group rates together for the events but we dont have an accurate head count at this point, so if you are coming on Sunday, we need to know if you want to take the Speedway tour or if you'll be Go-kart racing. Our rate for the waterpark is $14.95 person.
The rate for the hotel is $59 night
The admission charge for the springs on Saturday is $5 per car, if you want to rent a canoe its like $10 hour. We did not plan a full on BBQ but they do have BBQ facilities so bring what ever you'd like. We also planned on eating pancake breakfast in the restaraunt on site (you cook your own right on the table).
Dinner costs on Saturday night is, well whatever you order determines the cost. As far as Fuel nightclub goes,all those over 21 should get free admission.

Directions to the hotel and the springs.
From the North
Take I95 south to exit 261a (Deland) at the bottom of the ramp you will see the hotel on your right side, head west on ISB (92) appx 18 miles until you come to the end and the junction of hwy 17. Take a right at the light and go north appx. 5.5 miles, take a left on Wheeler St. (there should be a sign here that says Deleon Springs Park)
go 1/2 mile and take a left on Audobon ave. This is the entrance. Take a left after passing the gaurd booth and follow the rear parking lot. We'll start lining up in the back lot closest to the restaraunt.

From the South
Same directions but there is only one exit. 261 at the end of the ramp,take a left and you'll be on 92 west. Go right and head east if you are coming on Sunday only. The speedway is about 3 miles up on the right.

From the east
If you need directions, you've been living in the ocean too long.

from the West
North west, get on state rd 40 till you reach the intersection of state rd 17 and head south. Not sure on the mileage for this,but be looking for Wheeler rd on your right when you enter the city of Deleon Springs. The sign is hard to see from this direction.
From the South west, take I4 to the end and stay to the left exit for Deland 17/92. Take a left on 92 and the directions are the same as above.

If any one needs directions to some of the other meet locales please let me know and I'll post them.
Hope to see some of you there.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is this going to be a sure thing?
Old Sep 28, 2005, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Any updates and list of (number of) attendees?

We might bring two cars out!
Old Sep 28, 2005, 09:27 AM
Account Disabled

sound liek fun
Old Sep 28, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Meet

I'm in also will be there Sunday and try to bring Friends also.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 04:53 PM

Oh absoloutley this is still on. LAst count between the car clubs was 47 confirmed attendees, though not all will be making both days.
Nice to finally see som activity from the Evo people, We'd love to have you and any guests you want to bring.
Just some more notes on the meet.
Since we couldn't formally get the exact headcount till days before the show,we didn't plan on food and supplies for the BBQ at the springs, We will have charcoal for the grill and I'll be bringing my pop up canopy tent. So for food and drinks I reccomend packing a cooler of what you like (we can probably just create a buffett when all is said and done) And we will be eating breakfast in the resteraunt (those pancakes will fill you right up.)
There is a 3 hour dead time between the springs and the parade to Ruby Tuesdays, we can discuss plans to fill that time while at the meet.
Sunday,the general consensus seems to be Kart racing over the speedway tour,but the tour/Daytona USA is still open to those that want to do it.
The final activity looks like the waterpark, we just couldn't get enough verified participants to do the car show, maybe next year.
Any other questions ,just post up, I'll be monitoring these boards till tommorow night,and then I've got a lot of prep work to do. Can't wait to meet you all there.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 03:25 PM

UPDATE!!!
Meet time at the springs tommorow is changed from 9am to 10am. Everything else is the same. See you all there.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

no one showed up at ponce inlet