Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

1st Annual We-Todd-Did-Racing Event

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Annual We-Todd-Did-Racing Event

Got this emailed to me the other day and it sounds like a good time. I would like to see all the local SC Lancer/Evo owners out there with me (though I won't be racing myself ). This is the Park's location finder web page ( http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/location.htm ). Would like to see in advance everyone that would like to go. Post something on the thread if you're going or would like to attend.
__________________________________________________ _______________

We-Todd-Did-Racing.com is proud to present our first and hopefully annual track event November 19th and 20th at Carolina Motorsports Park which is located in Kershaw, South Carolina and we'd love to see you there to enjoy the track with us!
For more information on the event, please visit http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/events/ and also read the information below.

Our event will feature a two day High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) and a banquet on Saturday evening.

What is a High Performance Driving Event?

High Performance Driving Events are often referred to as a "Track Day", "Track Event", "Lapping Day" or "Driving Schools". No matter the name used, a HPDE provides the safest possible environment to drive your car on a race track at speed. These events are tailored for both Novice and Experienced drivers. A Novice driver, by HPDE definition, is any driver who has not been to more than a few, if any, HPDEs in the past (street driving experience doesn't count as far as HPDEs go). For Novice drivers we will have classroom sessions on Day 1 of the event and an experienced instructor will be provided to you to enhance your learning experience.

Intermediate drivers will also be paired with an instructor. Our event will provide you with hours of time to learn more about your car, but about yourself as well. You will learn to control your vehicle in a way you have not experienced on the street (nor should you!). An HPDE is not the place to show off or to try to prove something. The goal of an HPDE is to have an extremely FUN and SAFE time!

Worried about wrecking your car?

The WTDR Expo has a single goal: We want everyone to have fun and to be able to drive their vehicles home in the same condition that it arrived in. We will have corner workers on the track who will be watching for unsafe driving conditions (obstacles on track, dirt/oil/liquids/etc) and unsafe driver behavior. A normal flag system will be used to communicate with the drivers when needed. If anyone witnesses any unsafe behavior on the track we urge that driver to come and tell an event organizer so the situation can be handled. There will be specified passing zones and point-by's will be required for a pass to occur. The person performing the pass is responsible for waiting until the point-by is given and is responsible for executing the pass in safety. If a point-by is given but the pass is unsafe due to track position, upcoming corners, additional track traffic, etc, the passer should refuse the pass and wait until the next passing zone. Any unauthorized passes will be dealt with by the safety steward/event organizers and punishment can include removal from the event. If an accident does occur, a wrecker and EMT will be onsite to provide any services that are needed.

How much?

We are currently running a special for existing WTDR users/members! You can drive both days for only $295 (current regular price is $345) or attend as a guest/non-driver (includes banquet) for $40 (current regular price is $45). To take advantage of this special price, simply register at http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/events/ . After you submit the registration page you will be directed to a payment page, do not continue. Instead send your discounted payment through PayPal to info@we-todd-did-racing.com and include the name that you signed up with for the event. The banquet will include free beer for those over 21 (while it lasts). There will be a raffle for drivers and guests thanks to our sponsors! If you do not wish to be included in the banquet/raffle you may come to watch the track event for free, however, you will have to leave the track once it shuts down.

How much track time will I receive?

You'll be given a total of 3 hours and 20 minutes on track time. This may not seem like a lot of time if you've never been on the track before, but trust us it is. There will be a total of 4 - 25 minute sessions each day and don't be surprised if you are too exhausted to drive each session.

How do I learn more information about the event and sign up?

Visit http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/events/

Big thanks to our sponsors who will be providing the items for the

raffle: (visit our sponsor page at

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/events/wtdrexposponsors.wtdr )
Old Nov 11, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Friday night bump...
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:36 AM

i was planning on going but can't due to work
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear... anyone else coming?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Any others showing up???
Old Nov 15, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Evening bump...
Old Nov 15, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

CMP/Kershaw is a pretty cool little track. I've ran nearly every track in the southeast on my sportbike, none in the Evo yet. CMP has one of the best selections of fast, flowing turns, and technical tight stuff. The surface is a little dated, with tar strips in some places, and occasional sand blowing onto the track, but it should be fine in an AWD car...afterall, we did it on 2-wheels.

The spectating is pretty good for the technical part of the track, especially turn 1, but you can't really see the faster back section.

The grounds are sandy but solid, and the staff is pretty friendly with the exception of a couple of the higher ups. (they are the only track that ever made me pay a photographer's fee, despite the fact I wasn't making any sales at the track )

Good luck with it, wish I could be there but I gotta work.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info; anyone else coming?