Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

East Coast Road Trip 06 / Myrtle Beach Sc

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried a bunch of stuff in the last 2 years. I'm building the site, should be up this weekend. I want to do a EVO Meet/BBQ here in charleston in a few weeks.

How are your cams? Dennis did them while u were here.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

They are fine. I'm impressed with the amount of power they added without even being tuned. Now if I can get tuned, then I'm sure I'll truly be impressed!

It doesn't matter if where we meet as long as we do. Charleston's a cool town to hang out in. Man, tell Greg to hurry up and get the awd dyno in there. He was talking about June or July, I believe.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

i dont want to sound like i'm dissing or at any way making it sound like i was disappointed with how things went at MB. BJ did a great job getting the itenary and everybody there and setting everything up and i really enjoyed it. however, people like things to be organized. i felt at times that the timelines were not flexible enough to consider what people were doing. having breakfast at 8 or 9 when most of the people werent getting up til 9 or 10. plus having to drive back and forth across town, if its during spring break or anytime later when its busier, its going to take us alot longer to get back and forth. a good couple of months heads up is sufficient to get the word out.

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
Really? Man, we really should have talked when I was down in Charleston at GSC a couple weekends ago. I believe you were in Jacksonville though. Hey, sounds good. I think more people would be down with it if they saw something out there or at least felt like something was organized. You could really get some people interested by posting your thoughts in a SC thread or something.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be in touch with both you guys in the coming week on this project. I wish you guys would have come out and seen this>>>

Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by geminibby
i dont want to sound like i'm dissing or at any way making it sound like i was disappointed with how things went at MB. BJ did a great job getting the itenary and everybody there and setting everything up and i really enjoyed it. however, people like things to be organized. i felt at times that the timelines were not flexible enough to consider what people were doing. having breakfast at 8 or 9 when most of the people werent getting up til 9 or 10. plus having to drive back and forth across town, if its during spring break or anytime later when its busier, its going to take us alot longer to get back and forth. a good couple of months heads up is sufficient to get the word out.
I agree wholeheartedly. The way things went down there was, unorganized to say the least. But hey, I met some other EVO owners! That's all I really cared about.
I did get the feeling that the DSM camp was more organized because they knew each other and obviously had the larger camp. I think that something like that needs to be more centralized. By that I mean allow time for people to get in, then meet somewhere that everyone can get to and don't deviate from that. Obviously, some people are going to do what they want and that's fine, but the others can stick to the schedule. Getting some type of get together set up should be fairly easy with the EVOs in this state because it seems like the largest population of EVOs is where you and BadEvo are! Shouldn't be too hard to mess that up!
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I would have probably gone but I thought I was getting tuned that weekend....you know the rest of THAT story.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:34 AM

ABout the itinerary, I made it. So I will answer what I see fit. Yeah it was contrictive, and you were right, people didn't want to get up including myself. So how is the itinerary to blame for laziness. The only that was kind of hard was the drive to the sports bar and I will take that one. Didn't realize it was that far.

The itinerary was there more for a baseline and not a standard. If you didn't want to make a certian part, then all you had to do was look at the list and figure out where you wanted to be at about what time.

No matter what you do you will never please everyone and there will always be bugs when you are planning something in a state where your not from.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Well I have the site going up, I have a photographer who wants to do a photo shoot for us cuz he LOVES EVO's and a few other things planned. I know you guys are also still waiting on a reflash day, I have info on that as well. Just need people who want to participate.

Coming to the next www.4G63HP.com meet in SEPT in Orlando...you not regret it I 100% gaurentee it!
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8th_Sin
No matter what you do you will never please everyone and there will always be bugs when you are planning something in a state where your not from.

This is very true. The meet we had was planned for 5 months and we still had glitches....it happens. You adapt and overcome and hopefully it comes out ok.

I dont think they were bashing you personally just offering constructive critism. Learning experiences.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

ABout the itinerary, I made it. So I will answer what I see fit. Yeah it was contrictive, and you were right, people didn't want to get up including myself. So how is the itinerary to blame for laziness. The only that was kind of hard was the drive to the sports bar and I will take that one. Didn't realize it was that far.

The itinerary was there more for a baseline and not a standard. If you didn't want to make a certian part, then all you had to do was look at the list and figure out where you wanted to be at about what time.

Cool, bro. Trust me I know hard it is to organize something of this magnitude even if you are from that state. I actually thought one of the best parts was Overtime sports bar. I've been to the beach more times than I can count, lived there even, and have never been there. Great choice! That ride there was nothing. I figured it would be just like it was. I don't think anyone is insulting you or anything, just providing observations. If the weather was nicer, at least on Saturday, things would have been better too. All in all I had a good time. It wasn't a bad event.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Ed, i completely understand that you cant please everyone, and i dont want you to think that i'm just b**ching about it, i'm not. you and bj did a great job setting everything up and getting everyone for the most part on one page and i applaud you for that. dont take my comments to heart, its just my pov and like everyone smells like poo poo.

Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Well I have the site going up, I have a photographer who wants to do a photo shoot for us cuz he LOVES EVO's and a few other things planned. I know you guys are also still waiting on a reflash day, I have info on that as well. Just need people who want to participate.

Coming to the next www.4G63HP.com meet in SEPT in Orlando...you not regret it I 100% gaurentee it!
where and when. i have leave to burn.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

I remember you posting something up about some photos and such. Sounds good. We need to know more about that! As far as the reflash goes...it looks like it's 3/25. If that falls through...I'm done with that. Orlando in Sept....yeah, I think I will make that.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
I remember you posting something up about some photos and such. Sounds good. We need to know more about that! As far as the reflash goes...it looks like it's 3/25. If that falls through...I'm done with that. Orlando in Sept....yeah, I think I will make that.
Do you guys think the reflash day would be a good time to get everyone to meet or would it be to close to plan for??? I will still have to work around my work schedule, but I would love to get everyone together again. It would be nice to get most of the Evos in SC together for a shoot to show what our small state has. Maybe a photo shoot day could bring us together for the new Evo sc site.

I can say I learned so much this trip and cannot wait to start working on my car. Let me know what is on everyones mind so we can setup something.

Last edited by SteveosEvo; Feb 27, 2006 at 07:10 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
I been tryin for 2 years. I'm all for it. Matter of fact I am working on a website as we speak.
Let me know if I can do anything to help. I am currently in a web development class and would enjoy helping you create the site.