Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

moving to Boca Raton from California

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 03:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moving to Boca Raton from California

Hey guys, how's it going? Living in SoCal right now but probabaly will be moving to Boca Raton FL in about a month. Any local forums I should be checking out?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Have fun. I just did the same move. Im in West Palm Beach. You will love the 93 and lack of emissions inspections!
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah I heard about that. To be honest, I wasn't that giddy about moving down there. So many tracks, canyons, and mountains here in cali, and plenty of dirt tracks for rally too. I'm sure gonna miss those when I move. I'll probably have Dr. Gray or Tuning Tech tune my car before I leave for Florida. Any sound pollution law in Florida like in Cali? You know, if your exhaust is too loud then the would give you a ticket for it.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gh0stch1ld
Yeah I heard about that. To be honest, I wasn't that giddy about moving down there. So many tracks, canyons, and mountains here in cali, and plenty of dirt tracks for rally too. I'm sure gonna miss those when I move. I'll probably have Dr. Gray or Tuning Tech tune my car before I leave for Florida. Any sound pollution law in Florida like in Cali? You know, if your exhaust is too loud then the would give you a ticket for it.
If you are into autocrossing there are plenty of events year round in the miami area for entertianment =), then there is moroso which is a crappy track but its in west palm beach. Some cops here are ****** if you catch one in a bad mood they will give u a ticket for tints .... About forums in south florida in this same section check out temevo ( car club based in broward and miami). southfloridaracing.com is another site
Welcome to South Florida
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Ah Thanks. No tints, my car is stock for the longest time due to cali cops pulling you over for anything that's aftermarket whether its legal or not. If i'm moving over there, I'll probably install either the greddy evo2 or hks hi-power exhaust, injen intake or fujita, then get an afc controller and have it tuned. I've done autocross before but it isn't the same as the track. But I've been rallying as well. So I'm guessing Bota Raton is in south florida? Sorry I haven't been to florida or anything yet.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gh0stch1ld
Ah Thanks. No tints, my car is stock for the longest time due to cali cops pulling you over for anything that's aftermarket whether its legal or not. If i'm moving over there, I'll probably install either the greddy evo2 or hks hi-power exhaust, injen intake or fujita, then get an afc controller and have it tuned. I've done autocross before but it isn't the same as the track. But I've been rallying as well. So I'm guessing Bota Raton is in south florida? Sorry I haven't been to florida or anything yet.
Boca its somewhat south its an hour north of miami depending where in miami u are =). it's like this dade county (south miami area and nearby ) broward county it's in the middle (pembroke pines,sunrise,deerfield beahc etc) and palm beach county (boca west palm beach)
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes, get out of stupid california and their stupid emissions regulations. lol
Old Nov 21, 2006, 07:56 AM

Exclamation Moving

Originally Posted by Evo Girlie
Boca its somewhat south its an hour north of miami depending where in miami u are =). it's like this dade county (south miami area and nearby ) broward county it's in the middle (pembroke pines,sunrise,deerfield beahc etc) and palm beach county (boca west palm beach)

BE THERE REAL SOOOOOOOOOON WEST PALM BEACH 3 WEEKS
Old Nov 21, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Your gona LOVE it here BRO
Old Nov 28, 2006, 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

Look me up via PM when you get here.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Florida has several great (I know of at least 4) tuners -- including Jestr and TTP both of which are on these boards a lot....Enjoy Fl., but nothing is like Cali....
Old Nov 28, 2006, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Hey I am in Boca Raton. You will definetly enjoy it here. There are a few shops locally from boca to Miami which can tune your car as well as going to Orlando for TTP or Jestr. There is plenty of things to do around here and you will like it I am sure. I was out in San Francisco and LA for a month and a half and I coulnt wait till I could come back here to Florida. Definetly check out www.southfloridaracing.com that it the forum which most people post on around here. Have a safe trip and get in contact with us when you come down.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
www.club-evo.com
Old Dec 2, 2006, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i live in miami, and i mean.. i basically grew up in broward my whole life, i thought boca was wack.. only because i noticed the cops are a lot more... umm... wahts a good way of putting in... uhhh.. always PMSing lol. thats my personal opinion but other then that, sofla is awesome.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 06:42 AM
Account Disabled

im on that coast from time to time my buddies go to school there its nice youll like it just hope you have a deep pocket

Quick Reply: moving to Boca Raton from California