Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

any good georgia tuners??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soundfx007
didnt i mention, doug gives free driving lessons when you make over 600whp

However, for the ultimate learning experience, Treys girlfriend can show you how to launch the freakin wheels off an evo. All the while cutting .005 lights.

Shes a bad ace driver.

Just all part of the people you meet and the experience you get from topspeed.
LOL thanks Rusty. Why do you think he's marrying me?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

I've never had any experience with TopSpeed so can't speak for them..

On the other hand, I've been to Dyno4mance many many times. Andrew and his dad Barry are top notch guys and do awesome work, IMO. As for Andrew not tuning "high" hp cars thats a dumb thing to say, he tunes high hp cars all the time.

I've trusted Andrew with everything ever done to my car and I've honestly never one time been disappointed in any way. He's installed my cams, Xede, removed my e-01 EBC, tuned my car a few times, replaced my transfer case, 2 clutch installs, fixed a leaky water pump, and probably some more things I'm forgetting. And in a couple of weeks he'll be installing my methanol kit and injectors.

I'd recommend anyone or anybody to him as he is really professional and always does great work.. Dyno4mance FTW!!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

I havent even been to Dyno4mance but I am and this is why. I have contacted ,plenty of evom well known tuners and ask for there opinion all of them are in Fla by the way. They give lil advice no customer service skills basically they suck. I give Andrew a call and he takes his time to go over things with me and i havent got any product from him. One thing he said to me was that "he was an enthusiast not a businessman trying to take money from people but keep all hios customers happy and satisfied with a reliable and safe car." Those words right there meant alot to me who can tell when people just dont want to deal with u but take ur money and thats it. Andrew is a stand up guy +10000000000
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:05 PM

This is the age-old debate that will never be resolved. People like different shops for different reasons. Either first hand experience, what their friends have told them, or what they've "heard" about Shop A or Shop B.

My advice to you is to talk to several shops, maybe make an impromptu visit if you're able to, and make the decision yourself on what you experience, and go get tuned by who you feel the most comfortable with.

Car people are all like little gossip hens. We all gossip about everyone else and badmouth who we don't like.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
This is the age-old debate that will never be resolved. People like different shops for different reasons. Either first hand experience, what their friends have told them, or what they've "heard" about Shop A or Shop B.

My advice to you is to talk to several shops, maybe make an impromptu visit if you're able to, and make the decision yourself on what you experience, and go get tuned by who you feel the most comfortable with.

Car people are all like little gossip hens. We all gossip about everyone else and badmouth who we don't like.
You are right on all counts . I'd like to suggest restraint in criticizing or putting down other tuners. It's too easy to start a bunch of mud slinging by trying to respond to any perceived criticism of one's favorite tuner or friend. In this case neither of the tuners has posted any hostile or inappropriate comments and I don't expect they will. I know and have dealt with several local tuners and techs. For my EVO I only go to Dyno4mance. This is based on my personal experience. Everybody id different and everybody has their own set of priorities. I can recommend Andrew at Dyno4mance without any reservations. Others can vouch for their fave tuner. YMMV, etc.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Andrew and Barry are awesome. Luckily, I live only 30 minutes away from Dyno4mance. The thing I like most about getting my car worked on there is they explain everything to me. I can mention any mod, and they tell me the pro's and con's of it in detail. They are honest, and want only the best for their customers.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Chris is the man!!!!! or andrew at dyno4mance

Macellaro's Performance Tuning
performance tuning that travels to you
www.macellarosperformancetuning.com
chris@macellarosperformancetuning.com
706-618-7860

EFI University Instructor
www.efi101.com/contact.html
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Andrew is one of the most honest guys you will ever meet. He knows our cars like no other and is top notch at tuning. I bought Andrew's old car from him over a year ago. I have the miles up to 85K now. Guess how many codes I have thrown since owning the car. ONE p0300. My car has made a lil over 300whp on Andrew's dyno 99% of its life. Andrew's not concerned about track times either. He will safely tune your car to its highest limits. Andrew takes into consideration that alot of the cars he tunes are peoples daily drivers and tunes accordingly. Pretty sure that little subi that spanked everyones *** at the track last season was tuned by Andrew. And as for tuning high hp cars I guess the truck that was supposed to make 1200-1400whp on Andrew's dyno, that shattered his carbonfiber drive shaft a couple of weeks back isn't considered a HIGH hp vehicle.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Now I am so confused! I was gonna go with a Jestr flash. Then, everyone started talking about Topspeed. Now, everyone praises Dyno4mance...what to do?!!
Old Mar 11, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EM1toEVO
Now I am so confused! I was gonna go with a Jestr flash. Then, everyone started talking about Topspeed. Now, everyone praises Dyno4mance...what to do?!!
Go wherever you want. It's your money, your car and your time. I suggest Dyno4mance from my experience with several tuners from the Atlanta area as well as some mail order shops and a travelling road tuner. YMMV, etc.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

I just want my daily driver done right the first time. I don't have a ton of time when I get well to travel back and forth up to Atl. or Dalton from Athens. I want it between 300-350hp and reliable. I have an VIII so I will have to do a little more than the IX owners and have a great tune to get there.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EM1toEVO
I just want my daily driver done right the first time. I don't have a ton of time when I get well to travel back and forth up to Atl. or Dalton from Athens. I want it between 300-350hp and reliable. I have an VIII so I will have to do a little more than the IX owners and have a great tune to get there.
Call the various tuners and get their opinion of what you need to do. Compare what they tell you and go with the one you feel most comfortable with. You are looking for a lot of power.... If you rerally want to go that route, my honest advise is to not try to scrimp on money as you'll be sorry you did...............

I still recommend Dyno4mance since they are distributors of many aftermarket modifications as well as competent installers and tuners. BTW, reliable 300 ~ 350 whp (DD dyno) with an EVO VIII is not such an easy thing to accomplish. Beware of anyone who promises you those numbers. They are not easy to get without spending serious money. BTW, if you "really" want a reliable daily driver and don't want to mess up your car, I'd honestly suggest aiming much lower. Like 250~280 whp (DD dyno). Or better yet, leave your car alone and enjoy it the way it is.

Last edited by silverEVO8; Mar 11, 2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Why do you feel that those numbers are unrealistic? Would I have to have a meth kit or something to achieve that on a stock turbo? Or is it the part about being reliable that leads you to say that? I just want to open it up and still be reliable. Then it's on to the suspension and rims...
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Import showdown is the end of april. Come see how many topspeed tuned cars kick ***, taking home most of the trophies, and the money.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by soundfx007
Import showdown is the end of april. Come see how many topspeed tuned cars kick ***, taking home most of the trophies, and the money.
That doesn't mean too much. Many tuners have tuned highperformance cars. Besides, the only car which matters is EM1toEVO's car and how it's going to turn out. From my own experience, the best and sanest thing to do is to test and examine it to make sure it's in good enough condition and there is nothing wrong with it which can interfere with the best performance of the car. Only then I would trust any tuner to modify and tune the car.