Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

any good georgia tuners??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverEVO8
I guess I've been under a rock or something like that for a while, but doesn't the ECUFlash require expert tuning as well? I guess free software is pretty good and all, but I can't see how getting some software (in your computer?) takes you to a state of tune where you can just dial up some boost with a spring, a ball and a screw......
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying. Of course you can have the ECUFlash "professionally" tuned by anyone that does it, i.e. Dyno4mance or TopSpeed. You can either use a manual boost controller to control boost with the flash OR you can control boost using the stock boost solenoid, a different sized pill, and by changing the WG duty and other related tables in ECUFlash.

For most people, the simplest would just be to purchase the manual boost controller and crank it up and down as necessary. I was just simply trying to state that it isn't an absolute must to have one.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=227006
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mac_05evo
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying. Of course you can have the ECUFlash "professionally" tuned by anyone that does it, i.e. Dyno4mance or TopSpeed. You can either use a manual boost controller to control boost with the flash OR you can control boost using the stock boost solenoid, a different sized pill, and by changing the WG duty and other related tables in ECUFlash.

For most people, the simplest would just be to purchase the manual boost controller and crank it up and down as necessary. I was just simply trying to state that it isn't an absolute must to have one.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=227006
Hmmm... I guess what I was trying to say is that I don't know about the ECUFlash. Is it some sort of "canned" or off-the-shelf reflash? Or is it a do-it-yourself tune? How do you get the fuel/timing maps right so you can just crank up the boost?..... I mean, I'm not familiar with the ECUFlash. I feel like I've been living under a rock for the last few years...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EM1toEVO
Now I am so confused! I was gonna go with a Jestr flash. Then, everyone started talking about Topspeed. Now, everyone praises Dyno4mance...what to do?!!
Jestr is Garbage, i wouldn't get that at all.

As for TopSpeed, don't go there. They'll make your car fast and after it blows up, your screwed. Worst customer service, no follow up, and unexperienced techs. Just look at my signature and PM me if you want the whole story.

Dyno4mance is the Best in the Southeast. I would still have my Evo VIII if i had all my work done at Dyno4mance. Andrew is incredible, and if you want a reliable tune, he's your man.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverEVO8
Hmmm... I guess what I was trying to say is that I don't know about the ECUFlash. Is it some sort of "canned" or off-the-shelf reflash? Or is it a do-it-yourself tune? How do you get the fuel/timing maps right so you can just crank up the boost?..... I mean, I'm not familiar with the ECUFlash. I feel like I've been living under a rock for the last few years...
Well it wasn't released too long ago, around May-June 06 I believe, so don't feel bad Basically all you need is a tactrix cable for about 95 bucks, which connects to the factory OBDII port, and then you just download the ECUFlash software, which is free to use. In short you can "tune" it yourself which requires the $95 cable or you can have the shop tune it in which they have their own cable and will usually just charge a fee for the tuning.

It allows you to open up and view pretty much anything in the stock ECU from ignition timing maps, fuel maps, rev limiters, wg duty cycle, etc. In essence, it is software that is now available to the general public to modify their ECUs instead of having to send the actual ECU in to places who have would flash them and send them back to you.

Hope this helps, but just check out the ECUFlash section here and this website for more:

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Dyno4mance seems to be the general concensus. I guess I will have to give them a call and find out what they can do for me.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EM1toEVO
Dyno4mance seems to be the general concensus. I guess I will have to give them a call and find out what they can do for me.
You can't go wrong at all with Andrew. Here's the number for you (706) 602-8881.

And here's a link to what it takes to make 310awhp (350awho dynojet) on Andrew's dyno. http://www.dyno4mance.com/tuning/project/index.php

Last edited by svtkiller; Mar 12, 2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by svtkiller
And here's a link to what it takes to make 310awhp (350awho dynojet) on Andrew's dyno. http://www.dyno4mance.com/tuning/project/index.php
Plus or minus the Xede since ECUFlash can do basically the same thing
Old Mar 12, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

That sounds like what I'm looking for!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Plus or minus the Xede since ECUFlash can do basically the same thing

Can you have 2 maps with a flash? Not being a smartass Mac, I really don't know since I've never had one.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by svtkiller
Can you have 2 maps with a flash? Not being a smartass Mac, I really don't know since I've never had one.
You can have 2 or as many as you want, only downside is you have to load them manually with the tactrix cable. Only takes like 2 minutes to do though.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Also wanted to add, went down to TopSpeed in Alpharetta today for the first time ever. Doug is an absolute whiz with ECUFlash, and I was more than satisfied with the tune he gave me, car runs great and most importantly to me, smooth.

So now I've used both Dyno4mance and TopSpeed and they have both done great work for me. I think either way, whichever you go to you'll not be disappointed..
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

Also wanted to add, went down to TopSpeed in Alpharetta today for the first time ever. Doug is an absolute whiz with ECUFlash, and I was more than satisfied with the tune he gave me, car runs great and most importantly to me, smooth.

So now I've used both Dyno4mance and TopSpeed and they have both done great work for me. I think either way, whichever you go to you'll not be disappointed..
So how much did you make Mac?